Author Topic: When a Waffle House was short on staff, customers jumped behind the counter to help out  (Read 1056 times)

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat

Late last Saturday night, Ethan Crispo had just left a friend’s birthday party in Birmingham, Alabama, and walked into a Waffle House around midnight to grab a bite.

Crispo told CNN only a single employee was working in the restaurant.

He described the cook’s face, as “awash in bewilderment,” at finding he was by himself managing the night shift.

More than 30 people were there eating, and there was just one man left to “fend off the incoming crowd of hungry, heavily imbibed customers,” Crispo said.

https://fox59.com/2019/11/08/when-a-waffle-house-was-short-on-staff-customers-jumped-behind-the-counter-to-help-out/
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
I thought after this past weeks news cycle it was time for a happy feel good story. And besides, it’s WAFFLE HOUSE!!!!

Ping @Hopalong Ginsberg

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Somewhere an insurance company is having a coronary.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Somewhere an insurance company is having a coronary.

...and County food inspectors are having strokes.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
...and County food inspectors are having strokes.

I want waffles.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2019, 02:58:29 pm by Gefn »

Offline corbe

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
Dear Waffle House

Please come to NJ.

We need you!

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Dear Waffle House

Please come to NJ.

We need you!

No Waffle Houses in NJ?  That's uncivilized!
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Hopalong Ginsberg

It’s the Waffle House Way. 

Offline goatprairie

My brit in-laws are coming in to visit us in Arizona this January at our vacation condo. Although we plan to take them to Old Tucson and Tombstone, we can't count on there being old west-style gunfights occurring to entertain them.
Fortunately, there's a Waffle House not too far down the road from where we're staying. Just sayin'.  :whistle:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
My brit in-laws are coming in to visit us in Arizona this January at our vacation condo. Although we plan to take them to Old Tucson and Tombstone, we can't count on there being old west-style gunfights occurring to entertain them.
Fortunately, there's a Waffle House not too far down the road from where we're staying. Just sayin'.  :whistle:

Tombstone should be good for gunfights.  Never been to Old Tucson. Going upstate at all?
I will NOT comply.

Offline corbe

Waffle House is best around 3AM, before the Drunks leave and when the tweakers show up.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
It’s almost dinner time, I so want waffles, eggs and bacon,

I do have eggs here. No bacon and no waffles. But I do have coffee. Maybe a cheese omelette? An egg salad sandwich?

I wish I had bought bacon!

Offline Applewood

It’s almost dinner time, I so want waffles, eggs and bacon,

I do have eggs here. No bacon and no waffles. But I do have coffee. Maybe a cheese omelette? An egg salad sandwich?

I wish I had bought bacon!

You have eggs, but do you have milk, flour and baking powder or soda?  If so, you can make pancakes.  Almost the same as waffles, but without the waffle iron.

Offline goatprairie

Tombstone should be good for gunfights.  Never been to Old Tucson. Going upstate at all?
We usually spend one month around Tucson. Last year, after spending a month there, we spent a week in Lake Havasu City.
We've debated various places to stay in Arizona including around Phoenix. But we decided that area was a little too large for our tastes.
We've stayed at and gone through many parts of Arizona. The Yuma area is about the only place we haven't been through or stayed.
On a tragic note, we were going to meet up this January with a first cousin who we found out was staying outside of Phoenix with his wife. But he died from a heart attack over the summer. Really bummed us out.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
We usually spend one month around Tucson. Last year, after spending a month there, we spent a week in Lake Havasu City.
We've debated various places to stay in Arizona including around Phoenix. But we decided that area was a little too large for our tastes.
We've stayed at and gone through many parts of Arizona. The Yuma area is about the only place we haven't been through or stayed.
On a tragic note, we were going to meet up this January with a first cousin who we found out was staying outside of Phoenix with his wife. But he died from a heart attack over the summer. Really bummed us out.

:crying:

Until last Christmas I lived near Phoenix, but now I live about an hour's drive north of Lake Havasu, up the Colorado River.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
You have eggs, but do you have milk, flour and baking powder or soda?  If so, you can make pancakes.  Almost the same as waffles, but without the waffle iron.

I made myself a pb&j with ice tea. I wasn’t as hungry as I thought. I’ll go out tomorrow and buy pancake fixings, thanks @Applewood

Offline Applewood

I made myself a pb&j with ice tea. I wasn’t as hungry as I thought. I’ll go out tomorrow and buy pancake fixings, thanks @Applewood

Nothing wrong with that.  There is no law that says we have to cook dinner every night. 

I love to make my own pancakes.  Like to dress them up with add ons like chopped nuts, mashed banana, berries and such
« Last Edit: November 10, 2019, 01:42:23 am by Applewood »

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

One word:  Krusteaz.  Why knock yourself out?  That stuff is add water and go!  Bisquick is good too, and it's both cheaper (in most places) and more versatile.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Nothing wrong with that.  There is no law that says we have to cook dinner every night

Sometimes I'll nuke a couple of Hot Pockets.  Maybe Pop Tarts for dessert.  I'm a wild man when I need to be.  Would you like a Hostess?
I will NOT comply.

Offline Applewood

One word:  Krusteaz.  Why knock yourself out?  That stuff is add water and go!  Bisquick is good too, and it's both cheaper (in most places) and more versatile.

Some mixes are good.  Best one I ever had came from.a farmers market.  This farmer has all sorts of homemade jams, jellies and apple butter, as well as the mixes.  There are ways to make one's own pancake/waffle mix and keep it around for anytime you are in the mood.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2019, 01:51:21 am by Applewood »

Offline corbe

I cooked a Pork Roast w/vegetables in an InstaPot this afternoon, it was ready an hour ago, still haven't even tasted it and the dogs are wondering if I'm fasting or some $hit.

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Some mixes are good.  Best one I ever had came from.a farmers market.  This farmer has all sorts of homemade jams, jellies and apple butter, as well as the mixes.  There are ways to make one's own pancake/waffle mix and keep it around for anytime you are in the mood.

I have recipes for the mix but I never saw the need. I've always just made pancakes and waffles from scratch. If you have all the ingredients to make the mix, why do it? Just use them from scratch. For sourdough  pancakes you can keep the starter in the fridge.

Offline Applewood

I cooked a Pork Roast w/vegetables in an InstaPot this afternoon, it was ready an hour ago, still haven't even tasted it and the dogs are wondering if I'm fasting or some $hit.

Maybe they are wondering when you are going to put some of that roast in their doggy dishes.

Offline Applewood

I have recipes for the mix but I never saw the need. I've always just made pancakes and waffles from scratch. If you have all the ingredients to make the mix, why do it? Just use them from scratch. For sourdough  pancakes you can keep the starter in the fridge.

Actually, now that I'm retired, I jut make a batch -- maybe 4 cakes, eat 2 and then refrigerate the other two.  I used more mixes when I worked and didn't have time, but really, making from scratch isn't all that hard or time consuming.