Author Topic: Share What you are listening to NOW? Thread Deux  (Read 186837 times)

Online libertybele

Re: Share What you are listening to NOW? Thread Deux
« Reply #1075 on: July 27, 2021, 01:01:22 am »
Rolling Stones  -  Wild Horses

Good one!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #1076 on: July 27, 2021, 01:07:45 am »
Rolling Stones  -  Let's Spend the Night Together

Hampton, VA - 1981.  A buddy of mine was at this show.

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Hoodat

« Reply #1077 on: July 27, 2021, 01:13:06 am »
I caught this show in New Orleans in '81.  Entire concert. 
At the time, it set the record for largest indoor concert crowd.
I think I did about eight hits of acid that afternoon the show.

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online libertybele

« Reply #1078 on: July 27, 2021, 01:16:54 am »

Good Lord .... that's a lot .... I'm sure the concert was great. happy77

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1079 on: July 27, 2021, 02:09:18 am »

@Hoodat

You got ripped off. I THINK the most acid I ever took at one time was a 4-way hit of Purple Microdot,and I visited planets far,far away.

Then again,the key word here is "I think". If you were partying down on a weekend,it's hard to say what numbers really mean,ain't it?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online Hoodat

« Reply #1080 on: July 27, 2021, 02:10:18 am »
I developed a high tolerance.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1081 on: July 27, 2021, 02:15:16 am »
I developed a high tolerance.

@Hoodat

Yeah,it can happen quickly. I know of at least one guy that developed a high tolerance in the early 70's,and he still had a good buzz going the last time I saw him a couple of years ago.

Or maybe a bad buzz. I guess that is a POV thing.

Not that he even has a POV beyond "Huh?".
« Last Edit: July 27, 2021, 02:16:02 am by sneakypete »

Online corbe

« Reply #1082 on: July 28, 2021, 12:21:07 am »
   I've done acid everyway there is to to do acid except one~anal.  Yet people still call me anal.   :shrug:
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #1083 on: July 28, 2021, 11:18:21 pm »
Lynyrd Skynyrd  -  Baby, I Need You

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
« Reply #1084 on: July 29, 2021, 02:33:37 pm »
Lynyrd Skynyrd  -  Baby, I Need You

Good song. Just saw Skynyrd in concert a week ago. Neither Gary Rossington nor his wife Dale were there - apparently Gary had a health “event” and was in the hospital. Still enjoyed the concert and am melancholy about this being their last tour.
For all you've given Lord, I stand amazed.
Salvation covers me, forever changed!
In all I could not be, You met every need!
My sin, my broken life, Your cross, Your sacrifice
My hopelessness, my shame, Your faithfulness,  Your grace
The greatest mystery, Your awesome love for me.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #1085 on: July 29, 2021, 02:44:16 pm »
Here's some Dale Krantz for you, @debrawiest

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
« Reply #1086 on: July 29, 2021, 02:58:58 pm »
Here's some Dale Krantz for you, @debrawiest

Thanks! Love that song!
For all you've given Lord, I stand amazed.
Salvation covers me, forever changed!
In all I could not be, You met every need!
My sin, my broken life, Your cross, Your sacrifice
My hopelessness, my shame, Your faithfulness,  Your grace
The greatest mystery, Your awesome love for me.

Online libertybele

« Reply #1087 on: August 01, 2021, 12:06:53 am »
Neil Young - "Rockin' In The Free World"

www.youtube.com/watch?v=sosV81uJ0ug

Online libertybele

« Reply #1088 on: August 01, 2021, 12:44:24 am »
Moody Blues - "Nights In White Satin"

www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVusUjyby18

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1089 on: August 01, 2021, 12:52:11 am »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFrpzPR6TLY

It will forever remain a mystery to me how Rodney Crowell gets overlooked.

I was watching a songwriter's special on PBS one night that featured him,Lyle Lovette,and Willie Nelson,and Rodney had Willie crying on stage when he started singing one of his "heartbreak" songs. Given that Willie has heard,written,and sung more than a few heartbreak songs himself,that was one hell of an accomplishment.

BTW,if you are interested,the Luck Mansion series is WELL worth giving a listen.

Online libertybele

« Reply #1090 on: August 01, 2021, 11:58:12 pm »
The Who - "Baba O'Riley "  (One group unfortunately that I did not get to see).

www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2KRpRMSu4g

"Pinball Wizard"

www.youtube.com/watch?v=288cvHTOn_k

Online Hoodat

« Reply #1091 on: August 06, 2021, 05:54:33 pm »
The Who  -  The Punk and the Godfather

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online Hoodat

« Reply #1092 on: August 06, 2021, 05:57:29 pm »
Moody Blues  -  The Story In Your Eyes

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online libertybele

« Reply #1093 on: August 07, 2021, 12:39:40 am »
Dire Straits - "Money for Nothing"  :shrug:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zOjRlVpAOQ

Online libertybele

« Reply #1094 on: August 07, 2021, 12:41:40 am »
Moody Blues  -  The Story In Your Eyes

Great tune!   The Moody Blues is one of my favorite groups. So much talent!!
« Last Edit: August 07, 2021, 12:44:04 am by libertybele »

Online libertybele

« Reply #1095 on: August 07, 2021, 12:52:58 am »

Moody Blues-Lovely To See You

www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhkiAdPmu3o

Online libertybele

« Reply #1096 on: August 08, 2021, 08:34:56 pm »
Animals - "House of the Rising Sun"

www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-43lLKaqBQ

Online libertybele

« Reply #1097 on: August 08, 2021, 08:41:17 pm »
....another song with 'New Orleans' in the lyrics.....  Kid Rock "New Orleans"

www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUiG6-D_Tg0

Come on
I'm goin' down to New Orleans to see about a friend of mine
I'm goin' down to New Orleans and leavin' all of this behind
Headin' south from Detroit
I got Cajun cookin' on my mind
When I get to New Orleans someone gonna treat me right
Yeah in a town like New Orleans someone gonna treat me right
I'll be high 10 Rollin' till the early morning break daylight

Online libertybele

« Reply #1098 on: August 08, 2021, 08:51:01 pm »
The Highwaymen "City of New Orleans"

www.youtube.com/watch?v=RnGJ3KJri1g