General Category > Music Threads

Share What you are listening to NOW? Thread Deux

<< < (2/536) > >>

Formerly Once-Ler:

--- Quote from: TomSea on November 08, 2019, 09:47:31 pm ---@Once-Ler  Thanks for posting that band "Piper", very interesting.  At one point, there was actually a rock band with bagpipes in it. I guess, that was a different band but all the same, "Sail Away" is good listening.

--- End quote ---
@TomSea

I usually don't comment on music videos, so you are more than welcome if I tuned you into something you never heard before, and I'm glad to return the favor.  This thread is way too fun.  2 weeks ago I learned Van Halen did not write a song that I love called Where Have All the Good Times Gone, and I got to hear earlier versions by the Kinks and David Bowie.

in 1981 when Squire's Don't Say No album was released I entered high school.  Even though the heavy metal and hard rock of KISS, ACDC, BOC, Judas Priest, Iron Madien, Scorpions, April Wine, Ozzy, Black Sabbath, Pink Floyd, and Led Zeppelin filled my desire for aggressive music, Squire's Don't Say No was the soundtrack of my freshman year and many frustrating sexual encounters for the girls of Sun Prairie High School.  It was the soundtrack of my life for at least a couple years. 

I don't think many of the Squire fan could stomach bag pipes in fact the only song I can think of that pulls it off is...

www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-Op1Mng4oY

Formerly Once-Ler:
Jackson Browne Block.  Turn the volumn to 7 or maybe even as high as 8.  Dance like no one is watching you, but I am and I'm laughing at you, but I'm secretly jealous.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=rukvfk9a6rY
Jackson Browne - The Load Out/Stay

8888crybaby

www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzQM_NfT-Jc
Jackson Browne - Boulevard

www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBz6aWqYsNs
David Lindley - El Rayo X

David Lindley was Jackson Browns' guitarist.

corbe:
Parker McCollum - "Hell of a Year"

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

TomSea:
Santa Esmeralda - Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6k2z_4vQUu8

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Nice extended disco-versions of this are out there, will go with this.

PeteS in CA:
Disco s .........

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version