Author Topic: Share What you are listening to NOW? Thread Deux  (Read 192880 times)

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: Share What you are listening to NOW? Thread Deux
« Reply #2600 on: January 25, 2024, 11:00:03 am »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZ52lk9wjZI

RIP, Melanie.

@deb

When did she die?

She had a VERY powerful voice that rang  like a bell,and the talent  to go along with it.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
« Reply #2601 on: January 25, 2024, 11:54:32 am »
@deb

When did she die?

She had a VERY powerful voice that rang  like a bell,and the talent  to go along with it.

She died Tuesday.
Brothers, sisters, come on down to that river
Guaranteed you'll never be the same
There's a fountain flowing from the heart of the Savior
Bring your sins and all your guilty stains
Let that river of life wash it all away

River of Life - Mac Powell

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2602 on: January 25, 2024, 12:38:48 pm »
She died Tuesday.

@deb

Thank you. I was very  sorry  to see that.

I can only assume she didn't produce more albums because for some reason she didn't  want  to do so.

She sure had the talent. As I wrote above,she had a voice that rang like a bell.

Offline libertybele

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline roamer_1

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #2605 on: February 02, 2024, 04:42:48 am »
I hate the Eagles.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #2606 on: February 02, 2024, 04:43:22 am »
Van Halen  -  Big Bad Bill

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #2607 on: February 02, 2024, 05:38:43 am »

Offline libertybele

« Reply #2608 on: February 03, 2024, 01:45:12 am »
Ok, this isn't my favorite song by them, but it was so touching to watch Daddy and daughter sing this duet that I thought I'd share.

Happy Friday and happy Groundhog Day!  They were very clever and did a song from the movie with the same name to celebrate. What better song than the one that wakes Bill Murray's character up every morning?  "I Got You Babe"

....Here is Colt Clark and The Quarantine Kids -- "I Got You Babe" . Enjoy.  happy77

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9THQDBWL_e8

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2609 on: February 03, 2024, 03:03:51 am »
Those boys are in desperate need of a new barber.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #2610 on: February 08, 2024, 02:10:23 am »
Fleetwood Mac  -  Hypnotized

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline libertybele

« Reply #2611 on: February 08, 2024, 02:27:33 am »
Those boys are in desperate need of a new barber.

Yikes .... both are so talented and that's your comment?  I have to chuckle.  Anyways, I believe that their haircuts are what style kids are wearing?? 

As Bellamy gets older IMHO, she doesn't have a whole lot of talent it seems.  She was cute when she was little dancing and never missing a beat, but she's older.  She clowns around trying to be funny which is not only getting old, but  is distracting. She really hasn't taken to any instrument, nor can she sing.  Meanwhile her brothers are extremely talented.  I see this as becoming a problem in the not too near future.

I enjoyed the father, daughter duet, because their love for each other is obvious, but as for her singing, she just can't carry a tune all that well.  Someone mentioned in the comments on their website that she must be taking voice lessons...well, she's going to need a lot of them.  happy77

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
« Reply #2612 on: February 08, 2024, 03:56:40 am »
Yikes .... both are so talented and that's your comment?  I have to chuckle.  Anyways, I believe that their haircuts are what style kids are wearing?? 

As Bellamy gets older IMHO, she doesn't have a whole lot of talent it seems.  She was cute when she was little dancing and never missing a beat, but she's older.  She clowns around trying to be funny which is not only getting old, but  is distracting. She really hasn't taken to any instrument, nor can she sing.  Meanwhile her brothers are extremely talented.  I see this as becoming a problem in the not too near future.

I enjoyed the father, daughter duet, because their love for each other is obvious, but as for her singing, she just can't carry a tune all that well.  Someone mentioned in the comments on their website that she must be taking voice lessons...well, she's going to need a lot of them.  happy77

I think she’s average while her brothers are abundantly talented. Have we ever heard the boys singing?

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
« Reply #2613 on: February 09, 2024, 06:45:57 pm »

Offline AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
« Reply #2614 on: February 11, 2024, 05:10:59 am »

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

Offline corbe

« Reply #2616 on: February 17, 2024, 04:05:15 am »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #2617 on: February 17, 2024, 10:59:51 pm »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2619 on: February 17, 2024, 11:44:43 pm »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQRuu_PghAk

Gotta Steve Winwood thing going on today.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #2620 on: February 19, 2024, 02:49:15 pm »
Songs you wouldn't be allowed to record today.... 10cc - Dreadlock Holiday ... Crime in Jamaica (say it ain't so), highest crime in the world according to some stats. Fun song, and a little out of my usual comfort zone musically.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUNTk5xsxk4
« Last Edit: February 19, 2024, 02:52:38 pm by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #2621 on: February 19, 2024, 02:58:46 pm »

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #2622 on: February 19, 2024, 03:04:47 pm »
Gimme Some Lovin'

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #2623 on: February 19, 2024, 03:07:18 pm »
Dear Mr. Fantasy

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #2624 on: February 19, 2024, 03:21:19 pm »
The albums Arc of the Diver and Talking Back to the Night were recorded at Winwood's home with him playing every instrument.  Awesome talent.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-