Author Topic: Share What you are listening to NOW? Thread Deux  (Read 193073 times)

Offline roamer_1

Re: Share What you are listening to NOW? Thread Deux
« Reply #1025 on: July 17, 2021, 02:48:26 am »
I never saw the vid, dunno if I want to 'cause I like the song as it is.

Watched the video - one of the few the actually made the song better, gotta admit. Ben Foster is one of the better character actors out there today. Lone Survivor, etc.

Yeah - What he intends the song to be is wasted without the video... It stunned me - I knew the song beforehand, but the vid jacks that song way up.

TOUGH to watch... But WOW. Both barrels, right in the feelz.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #1026 on: July 17, 2021, 02:52:22 am »
Yeah - What he intends the song to be is wasted without the video... It stunned me - I knew the song beforehand, but the vid jacks that song way up.

TOUGH to watch... But WOW. Both barrels, right in the feelz.
Long as we're talking Chris Stapleton, two of the best today's country has to offer... IMHO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZLBVi_0ENU

:beer:

« Last Edit: July 17, 2021, 02:54:39 am by skeeter »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1027 on: July 17, 2021, 01:41:36 pm »
@sneakypete

An interesting part - Everyone thinks she 'finally did it', and there he is in the bar with the ring... but the closing scene is him, back on station, standing by her hospital bed. She lived through it, and there he is, back to take on some more.

@roamer_1

No,she died. Think back on it. The whole video is about now,and then flashbacks,and then now again. The last scene shows him standing at her bed in a dark hospital room. The room is dark because she is dead and no one will be rushing in and needing light to hook up equipment and work. It is a flashback HE is having as he sits drinking in the bar and looking at her wedding ring.

The wedding ring is another tip-off that she is dead. Otherwise he wouldn't have it.

BTW,did you notice that Chris Stapleton is the bartender?

It is so damn sad. Pointless. Real.

An absolute heartbreaker,I don't care who you are.

BTW,DAMN YOU for making me go back to You Boob. I won't get  a damn thing done for the rest of the day,now.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1028 on: July 17, 2021, 01:59:13 pm »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qt8wiGInALs&list=PLUSJYY0h3giy44I2pkaWLs3ls54TiFTMH&index=1

If you have never heard Mike Farris,you are going to be in for a big treat.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1029 on: July 17, 2021, 02:01:14 pm »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #1034 on: July 17, 2021, 07:41:03 pm »

BTW,DAMN YOU for making me go back to You Boob. I won't get  a damn thing done for the rest of the day,now.

@sneakypete

Yeah, I know, right? I get sucked into black folks reacting to Country music... It is simply fascinating. And if I get on a roll, it might be dawn too soon  :laugh: :beer:

Offline libertybele

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #1036 on: July 18, 2021, 07:46:52 pm »
Janis Two-fer

Get it While You Can

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline libertybele

« Reply #1037 on: July 18, 2021, 07:53:40 pm »
Janis Two-fer

Get it While You Can

888high58888 888high58888

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #1038 on: July 18, 2021, 08:35:33 pm »
"Mandy" (love the piano in this song)

www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfG_tF6J_jw
« Last Edit: July 18, 2021, 08:36:43 pm by libertybele »

Offline libertybele

« Reply #1039 on: July 18, 2021, 08:45:56 pm »
Piano instrumental -- Air Supply  --- "Making Love Out of Nothing at All"  (I could listen to piano music all day long).

www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fM13cC8m9o

Offline libertybele

« Reply #1040 on: July 18, 2021, 11:34:17 pm »
Ok --- so here's the story; the Clark family got to have lunch and meet Marty Stuart and Connie Smith, both whom I've never heard of, but nonetheless these kids nailed it!  I especially enjoyed watching Cash who plays the bass guitar, he gave it his all. For your entertainment....(love these kids)  Here are Colt Clark and the Quarantine Kids playing "Hillbilly Rock". 

www.youtube.com/watch?v=tm2TrdlqY0w

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #1041 on: July 19, 2021, 12:39:36 am »
Ok --- so here's the story; the Clark family got to have lunch and meet Marty Stuart and Connie Smith, both whom I've never heard of[...]

Never heard of Marty Stuart?? C'mon man...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CtLn4S2agwc

Offline libertybele

« Reply #1042 on: July 19, 2021, 12:52:22 am »
Never heard of Marty Stuart?? C'mon man...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CtLn4S2agwc

No, I truly hadn't until tonight.  I really did enjoy the song -- I watched the kids perform it twice and then watched Marty Stuart.  It is a good song.

Offline AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
« Reply #1043 on: July 19, 2021, 04:55:48 am »
Ok --- so here's the story; the Clark family got to have lunch and meet Marty Stuart and Connie Smith, both whom I've never heard of, but nonetheless these kids nailed it!  I especially enjoyed watching Cash who plays the bass guitar, he gave it his all. For your entertainment....(love these kids)  Here are Colt Clark and the Quarantine Kids playing "Hillbilly Rock". 

www.youtube.com/watch?v=tm2TrdlqY0w

So fun! That little boy on the bass could have a career ahead of him as a guitarist.

I'm going back to 1964 tonight and listening to Glen Campbell do a Roger Miller song. How I long for the days of real country music.  :shrug:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGeiK0R9DTE&t=9s

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #1044 on: July 20, 2021, 12:52:50 am »
"Blue Eyes Crying In the Rain" -- Willie

www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFqwAgbKQ6I

Offline libertybele

« Reply #1045 on: July 20, 2021, 01:01:26 am »
 "Blue Spanish Eyes"  - Willie Nelson and Julio Iglesias    (This song brings very special memories; I danced with my father to this song at my wedding -- I miss him dearly)

www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJdUAdnbpMI

Online Hoodat

« Reply #1046 on: July 20, 2021, 04:38:25 am »
Van Halen  -  Bottoms Up

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
« Reply #1047 on: July 20, 2021, 11:23:17 am »
Brothers, sisters, come on down to that river
Guaranteed you'll never be the same
There's a fountain flowing from the heart of the Savior
Bring your sins and all your guilty stains
Let that river of life wash it all away

River of Life - Mac Powell

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #1048 on: July 20, 2021, 12:25:52 pm »
Greatest hits of ELO
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline PeteS in CA

If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.