Author Topic: Share What you are listening to NOW? Thread Deux  (Read 186717 times)

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Share What you are listening to NOW? Thread Deux
« on: November 08, 2019, 09:11:16 pm »
« Last Edit: November 09, 2019, 05:24:31 am by Cyber Liberty »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Re: Re: Share What you are listening to NOW? Thread Deux
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2019, 09:33:22 pm »
Vandenberg Block.  Turn it up.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Lr6gmFFu-c
Lost in a City

www.youtube.com/watch?v=1H8cKsyZY14
Welcome to the Club

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2019, 09:34:07 pm »
Bookmark
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2019, 09:47:31 pm »
@Once-Ler  Thanks for posting that band "Piper", very interesting.  At one point, there was actually a rock band with bagpipes in it. I guess, that was a different band but all the same, "Sail Away" is good listening.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2019, 09:55:15 pm »

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2019, 10:27:22 pm »
@Once-Ler  Thanks for posting that band "Piper", very interesting.  At one point, there was actually a rock band with bagpipes in it. I guess, that was a different band but all the same, "Sail Away" is good listening.
@TomSea

I usually don't comment on music videos, so you are more than welcome if I tuned you into something you never heard before, and I'm glad to return the favor.  This thread is way too fun.  2 weeks ago I learned Van Halen did not write a song that I love called Where Have All the Good Times Gone, and I got to hear earlier versions by the Kinks and David Bowie.

in 1981 when Squire's Don't Say No album was released I entered high school.  Even though the heavy metal and hard rock of KISS, ACDC, BOC, Judas Priest, Iron Madien, Scorpions, April Wine, Ozzy, Black Sabbath, Pink Floyd, and Led Zeppelin filled my desire for aggressive music, Squire's Don't Say No was the soundtrack of my freshman year and many frustrating sexual encounters for the girls of Sun Prairie High School.  It was the soundtrack of my life for at least a couple years. 

I don't think many of the Squire fan could stomach bag pipes in fact the only song I can think of that pulls it off is...

www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-Op1Mng4oY

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2019, 11:07:47 pm »
Jackson Browne Block.  Turn the volumn to 7 or maybe even as high as 8.  Dance like no one is watching you, but I am and I'm laughing at you, but I'm secretly jealous.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=rukvfk9a6rY
Jackson Browne - The Load Out/Stay

8888crybaby

www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzQM_NfT-Jc
Jackson Browne - Boulevard

www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBz6aWqYsNs
David Lindley - El Rayo X

David Lindley was Jackson Browns' guitarist.

Online corbe

Re: Share What you are listening to NOW? Thread Deux
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2019, 04:05:16 pm »
Parker McCollum - "Hell of a Year"

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2019, 07:37:54 pm »
Santa Esmeralda - Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6k2z_4vQUu8

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Nice extended disco-versions of this are out there, will go with this.

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2019, 10:55:14 pm »
Disco s .........

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2019, 11:08:57 pm »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2019, 11:10:52 pm »

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

One of my all-time favorites!    Flutes and harmony......   ;)
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2019, 11:14:30 pm »

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

When The Morning Comes..... Hall & Oates

Online corbe

« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2019, 11:41:09 pm »
Tom Petty And The Heartbreakers - Don't Come Around Here No More

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2019, 12:01:56 am »
Actually, there are unwritten rules here, not to discuss politlics and not be insulting to others' music, as if we need to hear Eric Burdon croak out that song for a millionth time, he didn't write it and in fact, if one researches it, I think "Don't let me be misunderstood" does have some Spanish background in how it was written and the Flamenco dancers are fine too, so that's a bit of slam on them too and some of these people have a much more geographic relation to Spain than Newcastle:

Baccara - Yes I can boogie

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Moskau- Genghis Khan

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Nossa - Mas Que Nada

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Captain Jack - Iko Iko

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

« Last Edit: November 10, 2019, 12:09:14 am by TomSea »

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2019, 01:14:42 am »
Thanks, @TomSea

@corbe

The title of the Thread is "Share what you're listening to NOW"!!   

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Caribbean Breeze.....

Online corbe

« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2019, 01:20:36 am »
   I figure you've gotta be pretty hard up to argue politics in here with all the available options elsewhere in this Forum, with that being said:

Big Bad Don - The Ballad Of Donald Trump

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2019, 01:23:40 am »

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Hammond Model B3....in all its glory.

Booker T.....   The Cool Dude

« Last Edit: November 10, 2019, 01:29:59 am by DCPatriot »

Online corbe

« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2019, 01:25:50 am »
Gregg Giarelis - Five Years Of Trouble

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2019, 03:14:52 am »
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Don't_Let_Me_Be_Misunderstood

"Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood" is a song written by Bennie Benjamin, Horace Ott and Sol Marcus for the singer and pianist Nina Simone, who first recorded it in 1964. "Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood" has been covered by many artists, most notably by The Animals, whose blues rock version of the song became a transatlantic hit in 1965. A 1977 four-on-the-floor disco rearrangement by disco group Santa Esmeralda was also a hit.

Nina Simone original
Composer and arranger Horace Ott came up with the melody and chorus lyric line after a temporary falling out with his girlfriend (and wife-to-be), Gloria Caldwell. He then brought it to writing partners Bennie Benjamin and Sol Marcus to complete. However, when it came time for songwriting credits, rules of the time prevented BMI writers (Ott) from officially collaborating with ASCAP members (the other two), so Ott instead listed Caldwell's name on the credits.

"Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood" was one of five songs involving the writing of Benjamin and Marcus, presented for Nina Simone's 1964 album Broadway-Blues-Ballads. There, it is taken at a very slow tempo and arranged around harp and other orchestral elements; a backing choir appears at several points. Simone sings it in her typically difficult-to-categorize style. Horace Ott's involvement did not end with his initial songwriting; he was the arranger and orchestral conductor for the entire album. Backed with "A Monster", "Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood" was released as a single in 1964, but failed to chart.
The Animals' lead singer Eric Burdon would later say of the song, "It was never considered pop material, but it somehow got passed on to us and we fell in love with it immediately." The Animals sped up the tempo and made prominent use of a guitar and organ riff that was picked out and expanded from an element that originally appeared in the Simone recording's outro.

The song was recorded in November 1964. The group gained a trans-Atlantic hit in early 1965 from their rendition, rising to number 3 on the UK Singles Chart, number 15 on the U.S. pop singles chart, and number 4 in Canada.

Song writer Horace Ott was born in South Carolina; singer Nina Simone was born in North Carolina; both are black.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online corbe

« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2019, 06:03:17 pm »
Van Morrison - I'm Not Feeling It Anymore

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Offline TomSea

« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2019, 09:37:04 pm »
Bolivian music, not bad, they are the ones along with others down there with those pipes one hears:

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

I don't know why they associate that song with female military.

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1
« Last Edit: November 10, 2019, 09:42:16 pm by TomSea »

Online corbe

« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2019, 02:41:48 am »
F**k All The Perfect People Part II (The Last Video) - Chip Taylor

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Chip Taylor WHISPER AMEN

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

NOTHIN' (I Suppose) ~ Chip Taylor

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1
« Last Edit: November 11, 2019, 02:56:15 am by corbe »

Online corbe

« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2019, 03:31:19 am »
Frank Zappa - Camarillo Brillo

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2019, 02:02:25 am »

www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYRTK62pVWQ
I'd love to change the world - Ten years after

www.youtube.com/watch?v=igf59pLZMd8
Always Somewhere - Scorpions
« Last Edit: November 13, 2019, 02:10:44 am by Once-Ler »