Author Topic: Trump says he's considering attending Russia's May Day parade  (Read 543 times)

Online corbe

Trump says he's considering attending Russia's May Day parade
« on: November 08, 2019, 06:01:45 pm »
Trump says he's considering attending Russia's May Day parade

By Morgan Chalfant - 11/08/19 11:05 AM EST

President Trump said Friday he is considering visiting Russia next year to attend its May Day Parade.

“I was invited. I am thinking about it. It is right in the middle of our campaign season,” Trump told reporters at the White House.

Trump said he would like to attend the parade, which Russian President Vladimir Putin invited him to earlier this year, but indicated he may not because it is in the middle of the 2020 presidential campaign season.

“It’s a very big deal, celebrating the end of the war,” Trump told reporters. “I appreciate the invitation, it’s right in the middle of the political season.”

<..snip..>

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/469591-trump-says-hes-considering-attending-russias-may-day-parade
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online corbe

Re: Trump says he's considering attending Russia's May Day parade
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2019, 06:04:32 pm »
Harris swipes at Trump on Russia: 'Always nice to spend time with supporters on the campaign trail'

By Rachel Frazin - 11/08/19 12:32 PM EST

Sen. Kamala Harris (D-Calif.) on Friday suggested that President Trump was going to spend time with "supporters" after the president said he was considering going to Russia's May Day Parade next year.

"Always nice to spend time with supporters on the campaign trail," the 2020 presidential hopeful tweeted in reference to Trump's comments, jabbing at him over his relationship with Russia.

<..snip..>

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/469606-harris-swipes-at-trump-on-russia-always-nice-to-spend-time-with-supporters
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2019, 06:29:31 pm »
Harris swipes at Trump on Russia: 'Always nice to spend time with supporters on the campaign trail'

By Rachel Frazin - 11/08/19 12:32 PM EST

Sen. Kamala Harris (D-Calif.) on Friday suggested that President Trump was going to spend time with "supporters" after the president said he was considering going to Russia's May Day Parade next year.

"Always nice to spend time with supporters on the campaign trail," the 2020 presidential hopeful tweeted in reference to Trump's comments, jabbing at him over his relationship with Russia.

<..snip..>

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/469606-harris-swipes-at-trump-on-russia-always-nice-to-spend-time-with-supporters

He seems to like controversy that's for sure.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2019, 06:53:20 pm »
He seems to like controversy that's for sure.

Everybody needs a hobby, I guess. :shrug:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline montanajoe

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2019, 07:02:36 pm »
Putin probably made him an offer he could not refuse.....

As one who has spent a lot of time outside of the United States I've been amazed by how the Russian mafia permeates every aspect the international tourist industry. In order to build his world wide hotels the Trump organization undoubtedly has had extensive dealing with the Russian mafia.

The Russians make our mafia look like a bunch of boy scouts. They are ruthless, mortally efficient and an arm of Russian foreign policy with Putin as its head.

Trump would undoubtedly and reasonably, IMO, fear the Russian mafia far more than the "deep state" here.... :shrug:

Offline bilo

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2019, 07:19:32 pm »
Putin probably made him an offer he could not refuse.....

As one who has spent a lot of time outside of the United States I've been amazed by how the Russian mafia permeates every aspect the international tourist industry. In order to build his world wide hotels the Trump organization undoubtedly has had extensive dealing with the Russian mafia.

The Russians make our mafia look like a bunch of boy scouts. They are ruthless, mortally efficient and an arm of Russian foreign policy with Putin as its head.

Trump would undoubtedly and reasonably, IMO, fear the Russian mafia far more than the "deep state" here.... :shrug:

Or, Trump just like stirring the pot.

I doubt Trump fears much of anything. I've never seen someone so happy to fight. He relishes it and he just won't quit once it starts. It's probably why a majority of women won't vote for him.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2019, 08:10:07 pm »
Its no wonder he has been invited.  He has been so helpful to Russia in Syria.  He's a bold sucker isn't he?
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2019, 08:17:30 pm »
Its no wonder he has been invited.  He has been so helpful to Russia in Syria.  He's a bold sucker isn't he?

Right on cue.  Do you really think he intends to do it, in the middle of his Campaign? 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2019, 08:27:42 pm »
Or, Trump just like stirring the pot.

I doubt Trump fears much of anything. I've never seen someone so happy to fight. He relishes it and he just won't quit once it starts. It's probably why a majority of women won't vote for him.

But, they sure as heck don’t mind marrying a rich alpha male to take care of them. —Hey, it’s true no matter how much women say they want a sensitive guy who cries at movies. They can sell that story down the street. No one’s buying it.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2019, 08:29:09 pm »

Above all, we shouldn't foster good relations with Russia. That would be a disaster.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2019, 08:31:33 pm »
Right on cue.  Do you really think he intends to do it, in the middle of his Campaign?
There are lots of rats and NTs who think the President colluded with Russia to effect the 2016 elections, like I do.  This story is to get us riled up and angry so we will respond in anger about America's warming relations with dictator and invader Putin.  I doubt President Trump is really considering a Mayday visit to Moscow, at least I hope so.

« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2019, 08:32:49 pm »
Above all, we shouldn't foster good relations with Russia. That would be a disaster.
@skeeter
Agreed.  Russia is an aggressive invader of other countries.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2019, 08:33:24 pm »

You’re such a diplomat. Me. I’d say she’s chasing yet another media laser beam. Oh, look!

Even my cat eventually figures it out and tires of that game.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2019, 08:35:30 pm »
There are lots of rats and NTs who think the President colluded with Russia to effect the 2016 elections, like I do.  This story is to get us riled up and angry so we will respond in anger about America's warming relations with dictator and invader Putin.  I doubt President Trump is really considering a Mayday visit to Moscow, at least I hope so.

After 22 months and 10's of Millions of $$$, Mueller could not find evidence of Russian Collusion, and you probably saw the reports last march-April, and saw Mueller testify about it to Congress.  Yet, you still believe in it. **nononono*
I will NOT comply.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2019, 08:37:31 pm »
After 22 months and 10's of Millions of $$$, Mueller could not find evidence of Russian Collusion, and you probably saw the reports last march-April, and saw Mueller testify about it to Congress.  Yet, you still believe in it. **nononono*

Facts be damned, they KNOW.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2019, 08:41:02 pm »
@skeeter
Agreed.  Russia is an aggressive invader of other countries.

We shouldn't have friendly relations with countries that have aggressively invaded another.

A moral foreign policy for sure, if a bit impractical.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2019, 08:55:58 pm »

Looks like he is.  Syria is a disaster.  And Russia is a winner. 

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2019/10/15/russian-troops-take-over-key-u-s-outpost-syria-after-withdrawal/3985962002/

Trump tries to make Syria about people who have been fighting for centuries.  He wouldn't dare go into detail about who gains and how it affects allies in the ME.  How it affects the world.  And the possible resurgence of ISIS. 

Trumps friend Erdogan is going to send ISIS fighters back to their original countries.  Trump even acknowledged that some will come here.  Without formal plans to contain these people I think that makes for exporting terrorism.  At least they were confined in prisons guarded by the Kurds in Syria.  The news today says that ISIS is calling for their people to set fires throughout Europe and the U.S.

https://www.foxnews.com/world/isis-terror-network-wildfire-us-europe-threat-media-outlet

AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2019, 09:07:52 pm »
What you saw and I saw are two different movies.  Reading the Mueller report convinced me President is someone I can't trust to do the right thing.  Watching Mueller testify solidified my opinion.  I understand you don't want to see it from my POV, so you are not going to see it, and in reality you don't see it.  That's OK, you share that opinion with of a lot of very fine people.  People who I have admired for many years prior to President Trump. 

I admire you too @Cyber Liberty I know we share a love of our country, our Constitution, our military, and our community.  You express that love with honest debate to the best of your formidable abilities, and good nature.  I am honored to share this forum with you.  I am sorry we disagree about President Trump.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2019, 09:14:59 pm »

I am not into Trump games or trying to decide if there is some ulterior motive for saying you are going to a Russian parade.  I can imagine that some people will have spin for this, but not interested.

Offline LottieDah

« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2019, 09:25:16 pm »
Hey Mr. President haven't you heard that who ever stirs the pot should be forced to lick the spoon? 

Offline bilo

« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2019, 10:13:21 pm »
But, they sure as heck don’t mind marrying a rich alpha male to take care of them. —Hey, it’s true no matter how much women say they want a sensitive guy who cries at movies. They can sell that story down the street. No one’s buying it.

You are so spot on!

A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home