Author Topic: Mike Bloomberg is preparing to enter the Democratic presidential primary  (Read 1029 times)

Offline Snarknado

• Anti
Re: Mike Bloomberg is preparing to enter the Democratic presidential primary
« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2019, 02:11:10 pm »
Whatever Bloomberg or any other Democrat proposes -- Medicare for All, draconian climate change regulations, increasing illegal immigration, etc. -- all have the potential to cripple the economy  Should any of these bums win the White House and the Democrats take control of both houses of congress, those measures will pass.  Then watch as your 401(k) goes down the drain.

Policies like medicaid-for-all might harm businesses, but destroying them wouldn't be his primary goal as it is for Warren and Sanders. And FWIW I think he would at least propose semi-honest ways of paying for it. Any of them would be a disaster and he's no exception, I just don't see him as quite as big a disaster as the others. Unfortunately I don't think we can count on getting another lazy, incompetent dimwit like 0bama.
---
Everything I need to know I learned in GTA

Offline skeeter

« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2019, 02:15:31 pm »

Stay away from those liters. He hates those liters.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #27 on: November 08, 2019, 03:37:32 pm »
Nothing new and exciting to distinguish Bloomberg from the rest of the pack.
There's not a dime's worth of difference philosophically between any of the dozens of Dem candidates. The only discernible differences are their genitalia (and what they do with it, in Mayor Pete's case) and ages.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online mountaineer

« Reply #28 on: November 08, 2019, 03:57:04 pm »
Josh Kraushaar   @HotlineJosh
Broadly speaking, Bloomberg’s run is a vote of no confidence that either Biden or Warren can beat Trump.

Comes the same week of the much-publicized NYT polls showing Trump competitive in the biggest battlegrounds.
5:57 PM · Nov 7, 2019·
------------------------
Matt Mackowiak
@MattMackowiak
It’s a sign that Bloomberg believes Biden can’t win the primary and Warren can’t win the general.

6:37 AM · Nov 8, 2019
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #29 on: November 08, 2019, 06:42:14 pm »
So he's going to skip Iowa, NH and SC and go straight for the knockout blow in Alabama? Sounds like a brilliant strategy to me...
@Snarknado

No, he has to get on ballot in Alabama right now because their cut off date for filing is today, Nov. 8.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #30 on: November 08, 2019, 06:50:06 pm »
Matt Mackowiak
@MattMackowiak
It’s a sign that Bloomberg believes Biden can’t win the primary and Warren can’t win the general.

6:37 AM · Nov 8, 2019

But Bloomberg  believes he can win both? 

I don't know just what the strategy is here.  Why is Bloomberg running?  Must be some ulterior motive.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #31 on: November 08, 2019, 07:12:36 pm »
But Bloomberg  believes he can win both? 

I don't know just what the strategy is here.  Why is Bloomberg running?  Must be some ulterior motive.

He’s bored. Plus, he cleaned out behind the cushions of his 17 mansions, 36 automobiles, 12 private jets and half dozen luxury yachts and pulled out a tidy $3 billion in change. He must have thought to himself, hey, I’ve got nothing better going on at the moment, why the heck not run?

Three billion in pocket change should carry him along nicely, at least through Super Tuesday.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #32 on: November 08, 2019, 07:30:46 pm »
I believe he considered the current dem line up and opts now to involve himself.

Bill Gates made the news yesterday, sending a serious message to Warren, and by extension most of the field, about high tax rate proposals.

Gates said he would consider voting for Trump, if Warren is the alternative.

I believethat, polls aside, the dems worry deeply over a repeat of Nov. 2016.

Billionaires Steyer, Bloomberg, Gates.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #33 on: November 08, 2019, 09:13:11 pm »
"Moderate" in this context refers to someone who is, broadly speaking of course, conservative on economic matters and liberal on social matters.   Bloomberg may take away your gun,  but he won't crash your 401k.
My guns are my 401K. Been investing in them for years. F**K that SOB.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis