Author Topic: Whistleblower attorney sends Trump cease-and-desist  (Read 156 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Whistleblower attorney sends Trump cease-and-desist
« on: November 08, 2019, 01:03:21 pm »
Whistleblower attorney sends Trump cease-and-desist
Washington Times, Nov 7, 2019

An attorney for the Ukraine whistleblower sent a letter to the White House on Thursday warning President Trump against publicly criticizing his client.

In the letter obtained by CNN and posted on its site, Andrew Bakaj told White House Counsel Pat Cipollone that Mr. Trump might bear responsibility “should anyone be physically harmed as a result of his, or his surrogates’, behavior.”

Mr. Trump has repeatedly attacked the person who complained to an inspector-general about the president’s phone call to his Ukrainian opposite number, calling him a coward and a partisan.

“I am writing to respectfully request that you counsel your client on the legal and ethical peril in which he is placing himself,” Mr. Bakaj wrote.

Mr. Bakaj also threatened legal repercussions against Mr. Trump if he did not stop his public criticism, including calls for media outlets to print the whistleblower’s name.

“I submit that it is in your client’s best interest to cease and desist in calling for the public disclosure of my client’s identity and to cease in rhetoric that may endanger their life and the lives of their family. Should anyone be physically harmed, my co-counsel, Mark Zaid, and I will not hesitate to take any and all appropriate action against your client,” Mr. Bakaj warned.

More:  https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2019/nov/7/andrew-bakaj-whistleblower-attorney-sends-donald-t/

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Re: Whistleblower attorney sends Trump cease-and-desist
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2019, 01:10:19 pm »
Little dogs always gotta bark.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline PeteS in CA

Re: Whistleblower attorney sends Trump cease-and-desist
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2019, 10:00:30 pm »
Trump did not lose his First Amendment free speech rights when he became President. As lawyerly BS and drama-queenage goes, this is almost Avenutti-grade stupid. BTW, has President Trump even uttered Ciaramella's name?

Ciaramella - or whoever else - is in greater danger from the homeless dude in front of Bakaj's office than any Trump supporter.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.