Author Topic: Pompeo Blasts Communism, Unveils New Reagan Statue in Berlin  (Read 319 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Pompeo Blasts Communism, Unveils New Reagan Statue in Berlin
« on: November 08, 2019, 10:16:34 pm »
Pompeo Blasts Communism, Unveils New Reagan Statue in Berlin
Katie Pavlich|   @KatiePavlich
Posted: Nov 08, 2019 3:30 PM

Secretary of State Mike Pompeo was in Germany this week to mark the 30th anniversary of the fall of the Berlin Wall, which is officially on Sunday.

During his visit, Pompeo joined U.S. Ambassador to Germany Richard Grenell to unveil a statue of President Ronald Reagan at the U.S. Embassy and blasted communism during a speech to mark the occasion.

"Thirty years, and we stand on a piece of real estate that was part of the kill zone, a place along the border – it was a no man’s land.  I’d seen that from the other side, and I had two instances where I saw people try to make a break across that very space – not here, but in another part.  I think we’re also well acquainted with the famous – most famous, perhaps – President Reagan’s famous words where he said: 'tear down this wall.'  I want to just make sure we reflect on why he said it, because I think it’s very telling for what our duty is as we move forward," Pompeo said at the event.  "Look at something else he once said.  He said, quote, 'Freedom is not the sole prerogative of a chosen few.  It is the universal right of all of God’s children.'  Everyone, everywhere is entitled to that freedom."

Read more at: https://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2019/11/08/pompeo-blasts-communism-unveils-new-reagan-statue-in-berlin-n2556173

Did anyone post this yet? Berlin got a statue of Reagan today.

30 years since the Wall came down.

Reagan statue unveiled in Berlin at Cold War speech site
    By DAVID RISING Associated Press

BERLIN (AP) — The U.S. Embassy in Berlin unveiled a statue of Ronald Reagan on Friday at a site overlooking the location of the former president's iconic speech imploring the Soviet Union to remove the Berlin Wall.

Secretary of State Mike Pompeo called the inauguration of the work a "monumental moment" before helping remove the cover from the larger-than-life statue on the Embassy's terrace, at eye-level with the top of the landmark Brandenburg Gate.

Saturday marks the 30th anniversary of the fall of the Berlin Wall, and Pompeo was winding up a two-day trip to multiple cities and towns for commemorations.

https://www.stltoday.com/news/world/reagan-statue-unveiled-in-berlin-at-cold-war-speech-site/article_2555f20e-1e95-5317-a951-f48e60eca26f.html
« Last Edit: November 08, 2019, 10:19:23 pm by TomSea »

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Re: Pompeo Blasts Communism, Unveils New Reagan Statue in Berlin
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2019, 02:22:09 am »

© Provided by The Associated Press Together with United States Ambassador in Germany Richard Grenell, right, and Fred Ryan Board Chairman of the Reagan Foundation, left, Secretary of State Mike Pompeo unveils a statue of former President Ronald Reagan on the top of United States embassy in Berlin, Germany, Friday, Nov. 7, 2019. AP Photo/Markus Schreiber)

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/reagan-statue-unveiled-in-berlin-at-cold-war-speech-site/ar-BBWsPRQ?OCID=ansmsnnews11

I had problems finding an image of this earlier, so for those enthused over this, enjoy.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2019, 02:52:37 am »
Some considerations:

At the time Reagan made his historic speech in Berlin, He stated "Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall."

Staffers/advisors warned him to NOT say that.

In this era, democrats, the left-media, and weak Republicans, believe those staffers should hold power to force the President to follow their opinions.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2019, 01:51:53 pm »
Gee, I was about to post this. Glad I looked before I made a duplicate thread
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️