Author Topic: 5 actions Trump can take NOW to reclaim our border from the Mexican cartels  (Read 413 times)

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
5 actions Trump can take NOW to reclaim our border from the Mexican cartels
Daniel Horowitz · November 7, 2019   

Try to think of any other foreign entity – a country, terrorist group, or criminal group – that devastates our country as much as the Mexican cartels. They control our border – both sides of it – and have operatives in every state fueling the entire drug crisis, gangs, crime, and an endless flow of illegal immigrants who cause a massive fiscal drain and cultural transformation of our communities. Why have we gone to war with everyone but them? Will that change in light of the murder of Americans by the cartels?

It’s good that there is finally some media and policy focus on the Mexican cartels. Sadly, it came at the cost of an American family living in a Mormon community in Mexico. Three mothers of the LeBaron family were driving in three separate SUVs in two locations eight miles from each other in the Sonora province, just 50 miles from the international border with New Mexico, on Monday. Cartel gunmen opened fire on the three vehicles and then torched them, killing and burning the three mothers, as well as six children, including twin babies. Six other children were wounded, and there are reports some of them were initially kidnapped but managed to escape.

The president called for action against the cartels and implied he’d be willing to help Mexican President Andrés Manuel López Obrador (AMLO) militarily against the cartels, a gesture that was rebuffed by the leftist president of Mexico. However, Trump can focus the fight on the cartels closer to home – at the border itself and in the interior of our country, where the cartels and their contractors are operating with impunity.

Here’s the reality of the cartels at the border that nobody realizes: They have created an entire business model on the premise that our government will not treat them as a hostile enemy. Were that to change, as powerful as the cartels seem today, they’d be crushed quite easily. Thus, Trump’s strategy should not hinge upon cooperation of AMLO and the Mexican military. We must seize control of our own destiny and at least protect our own country from the cartels.

To that end, here are five ideas the Trump administration should pursue:

https://www.conservativereview.com/news/5-actions-trump-can-take-now-reclaim-border-mexican-cartels/
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Mitt Romney wanted to be President, and is said to have wanted to be Sec. of State, under Trump.

He has famiial ties, to the region in Mexico.

If he is anything close to being the fine, talented fellow he has promoted imself to be, he should volunteer to take on this problem, for his country.

I am one hundred percent, serious.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Chosen Daughter

Mitt Romney wanted to be President, and is said to have wanted to be Sec. of State, under Trump.

He has famiial ties, to the region in Mexico.

If he is anything close to being the fine, talented fellow he has promoted imself to be, he should volunteer to take on this problem, for his country.

I am one hundred percent, serious.

I know, Mitt should do it because Trumps too busy right now.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
You really post some excellent articles @Chosen Daughter

And I truly admire a lot of your thoughts, position, moral compass on these matters. You are very informed and share your knowledge.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
1) Reorient the mission of Border Patrol and the military
2) Shut off all immigration requests between ports of entry
3) Designate the cartels as terrorists
4) Declare war on sanctuary cities
5) Document cartel crimes and incidents

Offline Chosen Daughter

You really post some excellent articles @Chosen Daughter

And I truly admire a lot of your thoughts, position, moral compass on these matters. You are very informed and share your knowledge.

I feel the same about you @TomSea .  I appreciate your posts about Syria also. 

I like Conservative Review.  They are not nevertrump but they don't just go along either.  I want the news and good insight from the pod casts with Daniel Horowitz and Steve Deace.  I will take them over FOX any day.