Author Topic: Republican-controlled Kentucky Legislature could decide outcome of gubernatorial election  (Read 280 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Republican-controlled Kentucky Legislature could decide outcome of gubernatorial election
by Emily Larsen
 | November 06, 2019 04:01 PM

Republican Kentucky Gov. Matt Bevin’s refusal to concede Tuesday’s razor-thin gubernatorial election to Democratic challenger Andy Beshear could result in a weeks-long process ultimately decided by the Republican-controlled state legislature and a bitter partisan political fight.

Beshear, currently Kentucky’s attorney general, received nearly 5,200 more votes than Bevin Tuesday, amounting to a 0.36% lead.

Bevin asserted that he would not concede to Beshear in part because of “irregularities” in the election, but did not mention what those were. “We want the process to be followed, and there is a process,” he said.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/republican-controlled-kentucky-legislature-could-decide-outcome-of-gubernatorial-election
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
All these people cheering the Beshear win are in for a surprise.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

All these people cheering the Beshear win are in for a surprise.

Why?  Have they even started finding ballot boxes yet?  A few trunkloads, and it's in the bag.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Why?  Have they even started finding ballot boxes yet?  A few trunkloads, and it's in the bag.

It will start with recanvassing.  Then go to a recount if Bevin chooses to do that and if a court approves it. Though there is no provision for a recount for the Gubanatorial races in the Commonwealth.

However...from the article:

Instead, the second step for a contested election for governor outlined in Kentucky statutes is the creation of a randomly-selected board of three state senators and eight state House representatives to create an 11-person board. The board reports its findings in a joint session of the General Assembly, which then decides the results of the contested election.

Both houses are Republican controlled and they picked up seats last night.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2019, 09:31:37 pm by txradioguy »
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
I've come to the conclusion that state laws should be revised so that elections must be won by 50% + [at least] 1 vote.

Anything less, and the two highest-polling candidates should be subject to a runoff.
Doesn't Louisiana do this already?

Actually, I would approve of a Constitutional Amendment requiring this for EVERY election in the country (excluding the presidential contest, of which the Constitution already provides adequate instructions).

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

I've come to the conclusion that state laws should be revised so that elections must be won by 50% + [at least] 1 vote.

Anything less, and the two highest-polling candidates should be subject to a runoff.
Doesn't Louisiana do this already?

Actually, I would approve of a Constitutional Amendment requiring this for EVERY election in the country (excluding the presidential contest, of which the Constitution already provides adequate instructions).

Oh, hell no!

How we run elections in my city/county/state is our business. 
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.