Author Topic: Libertarians relish spoiler role in Kentucky governor’s race as Bevin trails  (Read 1111 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Yep. No denying it.
Knock yourself out.
Just don't expect me to help.

I love it when you spin so fast you knock your own self out.   :laugh:

Offline roamer_1

I love it when you spin so fast you knock your own self out.   :laugh:

Didn't spin a single thing. Don't see how you see it that way.

Offline kevindavis007

Libertarians: Helping Democrats win elections since 1971.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Assholes.  Why they would torpedo a Congervative Governor for their own selfish purposes is beyond me...especially since it opens the door for a Corruptacrat like Andy Beshear.

Their joy may still be all for naught however.

What kind of despicable fiend relishes in the tears of their political opponents?

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
What kind of despicable fiend relishes in the tears of their political opponents?

I suppose what's irritating about it is the fact that libertarians and conservatives should be fairly natural allies, and the Republicants have strayed from conservatives.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline roamer_1

I suppose what's irritating about it is the fact that libertarians and conservatives should be fairly natural allies [...]

In fact, they are.

and the Republicants have strayed from conservatives.

Strayed? You are much too kind.

Offline kevindavis007

Assholes.  Why they would torpedo a Congervative Governor for their own selfish purposes is beyond me...especially since it opens the door for a Corruptacrat like Andy Beshear.

Their joy may still be all for naught however.

@txradioguy

Sounds like the Libertarian Party if Illinois. A bunch of Assholes.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
In fact, they are.

Strayed? You are much too kind.

Hey, watch that!  I don't need to be getting a reputation for being "kind." :smokin:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

I suppose what's irritating about it is the fact that libertarians and conservatives should be fairly natural allies, and the Republicants have strayed from conservatives.
Agreed.  Libertarians and Conservatives used to have lots of common goals.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=akYYm47pCP4

This debate is moderated by Charles C W Cooke, about 3 months old, and interesting on many levels.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Got a good friend who's a big libertarian but chooses to work within the GOP now after giving up on them years ago because they are such backbiting, purist a-holes.

They are basically the woke, cancel culture, SJW version of libertarian. Utterly toxic and hostile, and only care about taking down Republicans.
The Republic is lost.

Offline roamer_1

This debate is moderated by Charles C W Cooke, about 3 months old, and interesting on many levels.

Thanks for that... It's in my queue.

Offline roamer_1

Got a good friend who's a big libertarian but chooses to work within the GOP now after giving up on them years ago because they are such backbiting, purist a-holes.

They are basically the woke, cancel culture, SJW version of libertarian. Utterly toxic and hostile, and only care about taking down Republicans.

Big L libertarians are not the problem.  That they have enough swing to take out a governor means that a whole lot of liberty minded folks found them to be more palatable than the Republican offering.

Here's your sign.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
Big L libertarians are not the problem.  That they have enough swing to take out a governor means that a whole lot of liberty minded folks found them to be more palatable than the Republican offering.

Here's your sign.

I wonder then how much liberty mindedness they're going to get out of a woke, nutbat crazy Democrat governor.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I wonder then how much liberty mindedness they're going to get out of a woke, nutbat crazy Democrat governor.

Good news! They'll get what they asked for, good and hard.  I am sorry for my friends stuck in the target zone.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Libertarians have a  few very good positions but open borders is definitely not among them. 
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

I would venture about zero.  But what the heck do I know.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

It should be scary how they don't see a difference.

Offline aligncare

Hey, watch that!  I don't need to be getting a reputation for being "kind." :smokin:

I called you diplomatic on another thread. You can’t run away from who you are. Admit it, you’re a nice guy.

(Remember me when I start the next flame war. That’s, aligncare  wink77)

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
It should be scary how they don't see a difference.

I'm probably a good quarter libertarian in my ideology. Somewhat idealist, somewhat pragmatic.

Too many libertarians are purist, hermetically sealed zealots with zero sense of tactical or strategic thinking.

They would be far more effective to work within the GOP v. just knee-jerk flipping the bird at the mere mention of Republicans.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I called you diplomatic on another thread. You can’t run away from who you are. Admit it, you’re a nice guy.

(Remember me when I start the next flame war. That’s, aligncare wink777  )

Gotcha covered... :cool:
I will NOT comply.

Offline roamer_1

I'm probably a good quarter libertarian in my ideology. Somewhat idealist, somewhat pragmatic.

Too many libertarians are purist, hermetically sealed zealots with zero sense of tactical or strategic thinking.

They would be far more effective to work within the GOP v. just knee-jerk flipping the bird at the mere mention of Republicans.

Maybe they, like me, are sick of 30 years or better, of flat out betrayal... and can predict what 'working within the Republican party' will bring.

Offline roamer_1

@Once-Ler

REACTION: I was actually rather disappointed in this debate... Rather shallow from both sides, with absolutely *NO* interest in the appropriate level of government wrt governmental responsibilities. Federalism was entirely absent, which is a sad thing because in federalism Conservatives and Libertarians often find unity.

This would be a good base debate to tear apart from both sides and winnow down to the increment.
Thanks again for the link.

@Once-Ler

REACTION: I was actually rather disappointed in this debate... Rather shallow from both sides, with absolutely *NO* interest in the appropriate level of government wrt governmental responsibilities. Federalism was entirely absent, which is a sad thing because in federalism Conservatives and Libertarians often find unity.

This would be a good base debate to tear apart from both sides and winnow down to the increment.
Thanks again for the link.

Thanx for your reaction @roamer_1