Author Topic: The Downfall of Conservatism, Inc.  (Read 1167 times)

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: The Downfall of Conservatism, Inc.
« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2019, 04:48:26 pm »
Wow, just wow. I think we can say you are in total la-la land if you can't even acknowledge the budgets Trump has signed/demanded and the lack of cuts in any democrat demands.

@Sighlass

One of us is in denial if they think Trump has the political ability to cut budgets already passed,and I suspect it is the one that wants to blame Trump for budgets passed by the Dims and their alleged Republican butt-buddies.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #26 on: November 06, 2019, 04:50:56 pm »
@musiclady

WHAT "moral standards of the 50's? Abortion,prostitution,theft,bribery,poitical corruption,clergy humping little boys,etc,etc,etc,was rife but just not talked about in "polite company".

You have a right to want to live in any sort of imaginary world you want,but you do NOT have the right to create worlds that never existed.

Wow, pulling a Clinton ... definition of what is is... and then twisting it to say a few deviants were the norm.

Edit: Yes we all know their is nothing new under the sun (sin wise), but we are talking norm, not mainstreaming.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2019, 04:53:15 pm by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #27 on: November 06, 2019, 04:51:33 pm »
Everything good happening today is temporary - reducing the size of government by starving the beast is the only way the progressives don't eventually consume everything. And there is no one on the scene with the will and courage to do what it'll take.

:yowsa: And that cannot and will not happen for so long as we continue to put up with our current Marxist tax code and it's attendant IRS!

http://fairtax.org
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #28 on: November 06, 2019, 04:55:36 pm »

I base that off the fact that Trump has control over what Congress appropriates.  It it at his discretion whether or not that money gets either spent or returned to the Treasury.  And for the record, Trump's first two budgets were passed by a Republican Congress.  So no, Trump doesn't get a free pass.

So you are so delusional you think that Trump could be away with shutting down the government by refusing to sign budgets,when he has the whole DNC and most of the alleged RNC dipping their fingers in that well?

He is a President that was elected by the people,not a dictator.

We are soon approaching another stop-gap spending bill to keep the deficit spending flowing.  I will bet my house that Trump signs whatever bill Pelosi and McConnell send him.

And his options are what,to shut down the government to make losing re-election an absolute certainty on top of having the Dims and RINO's voting for it anyhow?

Do you also shoot yourself in the foot before going jogging?

Or are you one of those cretins that only cares about seeing the "outsider" fail,even if it means the destruction of our Republic?

Offline skeeter

« Reply #29 on: November 06, 2019, 04:56:57 pm »
:yowsa: And that cannot and will not happen for so long as we continue to put up with our current Marxist tax code and it's attendant IRS!

http://fairtax.org

Yep. They can blame the president, the congress, the takers, etc all they want, but there is NO SINGLE person, office or department that can make it happen. Dramatic, permanent reform will have to come directly from the taxpayers.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #30 on: November 06, 2019, 05:08:36 pm »
@Hoodat

Were any of them named Trump?

Yes.  He could have vetoed legislation, but chose not to.  I will not discuss the relative merits of his approach, but it's a fact he signed off on it.   :shrug:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #31 on: November 06, 2019, 05:13:10 pm »
“Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it ... The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure that it is right; the spirit of liberty is the spirit which seeks to understand the minds of other men and women; the spirit of liberty is the spirit which weighs their interests alongside its own without bias.”

Learned Hand
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #32 on: November 06, 2019, 05:18:55 pm »
How would you prefer he handle them? What options does he, or any president, have available? Walk me through it.

He could start by offering bonuses to his department heads to be handed out to the members of each department.  These bonuses will reflect a percentage of money left unspent at the end of each fiscal year.  A Sept spending freeze will go a long way towards achieving that.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #33 on: November 06, 2019, 05:19:28 pm »

@roamer_1

HorseHillary! What you are fighting for is something that never existed anywhere but in your fevered imagination.  You have been supporting nothing but losers selling America down the tubes while whispering sweet nothings in your ear to make you feel good about yourself.

YOU HAVE BEEN "PLAYED FOR A FOOL",and still haven't realized it.

ROTFLMAO!!!

SURE @sneakypete ... Pay no attention to the bare fact that I exited the Republican party (*SPIT*) almost a decade ago precisely because they are losers selling out America. I sure as hell ain't the one getting played. It's the ones who want me to vote for what I oppose that are being played... You know, folks like you, bawling because I will not support yet another idiot clown, and a  buffoon to boot... And the big government he represents.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #34 on: November 06, 2019, 05:21:21 pm »
But, yeah, Trump has actually accomplished much of what the conventional conservative politicians have been promising but not delivering for decades I have no idea why they even now refuse to soften their attitude.

Because it isn't true.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #35 on: November 06, 2019, 05:26:49 pm »
“Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it ... The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure that it is right; the spirit of liberty is the spirit which seeks to understand the minds of other men and women; the spirit of liberty is the spirit which weighs their interests alongside its own without bias.”

Learned Hand

Thats the truth, as painful to acknowledge as it may be. It ain't up to the president, it's up to us.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #36 on: November 06, 2019, 05:28:17 pm »
He could start by offering bonuses to his department heads to be handed out to the members of each department.  These bonuses will reflect a percentage of money left unspent at the end of each fiscal year.  A Sept spending freeze will go a long way towards achieving that.

While that works in a private corporation it would amount to nothing more than an empty gesture at the federal level, like Trump refusing a salary.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #37 on: November 06, 2019, 05:35:43 pm »
Yes.  He could have vetoed legislation, but chose not to.  I will not discuss the relative merits of his approach, but it's a fact he signed off on it.   :shrug:

@Cyber Liberty

Yeah,above all let's not discuss political realities.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #38 on: November 06, 2019, 05:38:51 pm »

@Hoodat

Give bonuses to bureaucrats for doing what they are already getting paid to do?  Yeah,THAT ought to go over good with the taxpayers.

The ONLY effective way to do this is to not propose or vote for inflated budgets to start with.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #39 on: November 06, 2019, 05:41:43 pm »
@Hoodat

Give bonuses to bureaucrats for doing what they are already getting paid to do?  Yeah,THAT ought to go over good with the taxpayers.

The ONLY effective way to do this is to not propose or vote for inflated budgets to start with.

15% of the budget is discretionary - available to be cut. And every member of congress depends upon bringing home a chuck of that cash for their re-election. They will see that it is spent, and then some, in spite of who gets a bonus if its not.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #40 on: November 06, 2019, 05:43:09 pm »
ROTFLMAO!!!

SURE @sneakypete ... Pay no attention to the bare fact that I exited the Republican party (*SPIT*) almost a decade ago precisely because they are losers selling out America. I sure as hell ain't the one getting played. It's the ones who want me to vote for what I oppose that are being played... You know, folks like you, bawling because I will not support yet another idiot clown, and a  buffoon to boot... And the big government he represents.

@roamer_1

You just go ahead and keep living in your fantasy world where you think holding your breath until you turn blue is an effective political tool.

Tell us all,oh wise one,who we should vote for that will change things in the first two years he is in office.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #41 on: November 06, 2019, 05:45:42 pm »
Because it isn't true.

@roamer_1

Maybe not in the alternative reality you live in,but in the REAL world he has accomplished a lot of things the alleged Republicans before him only promised to do,and has tried to do much more but been blocked by the Dims and their alleged Republican comrades.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #42 on: November 06, 2019, 05:49:30 pm »
@Cyber Liberty

Yeah,above all let's not discuss political realities.

@sneakypete

I see your point (and agree), but I really am not interested in re-litigating that particular can of worms.   :shrug:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #43 on: November 06, 2019, 05:53:24 pm »
@sneakypete

I see your point (and agree), but I really am not interested in re-litigating that particular can of worms.   :shrug:

@Cyber Liberty

Truth to tell,neither am I. Just thinking about it makes my head hurt.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #44 on: November 06, 2019, 05:54:06 pm »
@roamer_1

You just go ahead and keep living in your fantasy world where you think holding your breath until you turn blue is an effective political tool.

Tell us all,oh wise one,who we should vote for that will change things in the first two years he is in office.

LOL! Well according to all y'all, Tumpy already has - That is the supposed reason I am given to vote for him... Changing your tune @sneakypete ?

And I ain't holding my breath. I am just voting for the candidate most aligned with my own views, like our forefathers instructed, and really the only sane thing to do. I am no longer impressed by candy thrown by the clown at the front of the parade.

I want the real thing.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #45 on: November 06, 2019, 05:55:03 pm »
@Cyber Liberty

Truth to tell,neither am I. Just thinking about it makes my head hurt.

Same here. :thud:
I will NOT comply.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #46 on: November 06, 2019, 06:01:28 pm »

LOL! Well according to all y'all, Tumpy already has - That is the supposed reason I am given to vote for him... Changing your tune @sneakypete ?

@roamer_1  Why would I change my tune when I am right and you are wrong?

And I ain't holding my breath. I am just voting for the candidate most aligned with my own views, like our forefathers instructed, and really the only sane thing to do.

Well,since you are not going to vote for Trump,that must mean you are voting for Buttplug because he is going to be the only other candidate.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #47 on: November 06, 2019, 06:05:15 pm »
@roamer_1  Why would I change my tune when I am right and you are wrong?

@sneakypete
Nah... Everything he has done disappears like a fart in a windstorm, if not this election, then the next.
You ain't right.

Well,since you are not going to vote for Trump,that must mean you are voting for Buttplug because he is going to be the only other candidate.

LOL! If those are the choices, then I won't even bother to get out of bed. But that ain't right. I have found a Conservative to vote for in every election since I left the Republicans.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #48 on: November 06, 2019, 06:14:38 pm »
Wow, pulling a Clinton ... definition of what is is... and then twisting it to say a few deviants were the norm.

Edit: Yes we all know their is nothing new under the sun (sin wise), but we are talking norm, not mainstreaming.

Correct. The above mentioned sins were recognized as sins in the 50s.

Now they are praised as being good things.

Btw, @sneakypete you are supposed to have me on Ignore. Please do not ping me again with your amoralism. If you do so again I will report your post to the mods.

Thanks.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #49 on: November 06, 2019, 07:10:12 pm »
The downfall of conservatism, inc. is not a political surprise, nor is the reason a mystery.  Politics is a people game.  The approachable, likable candidate is the one the people will turn to; it's human nature. 

Sanctimonious and judgmental by nature, most political conservative candidates and their spokespeople are inherently unapproachable and unlikable --- downright off-putting.

Occam's razor.