Author Topic: 10 Reasons I Like Donald Trump, From A Female, Former-Democrat Immigrant  (Read 165 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

10 Reasons I Like Donald Trump, From A Female, Former-Democrat Immigrant
The Federalist, Nov 4, 2019, Saritha Prabhu

As a voter who lives far away from the Beltway bubble, I increasingly find myself harboring an uncomfortable secret: I like Donald Trump, and think he’s the perfect president for these times.

Now, I know that’s a big no-no. In fact, I probably should keep it to myself. After all, the mainstream media has been working non-stop to make me and countless others hate the president and see him as Public Enemy No. 1.

I’m also decidedly not the kind of voter who is supposed to like Trump; in fact, all my intersecting identities are supposed to hate Trump with a vengeance: I’m a woman, a legal immigrant, a person of color (never liked the term), a former Democrat, and a third-party voter in 2016.

Liking Trump openly is very difficult these days, and it is not recommended that you do so. It’s especially difficult in the social circles I move in.

Enumerating the reasons Trump is alright is especially necessary because of the constant vituperation he faces everyday from different liberal quarters. Here are 10 reasons I like Trump.

Read more:  https://thefederalist.com/2019/11/04/10-reasons-i-like-donald-trump-from-a-female-former-democrat-immigrant/

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: 10 Reasons I Like Donald Trump, From A Female, Former-Democrat Immigrant
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2019, 11:26:51 pm »
First, he is sui generis, a singularly unique individual who has single-handedly transformed almost everything about American politics,  [...]

Second, by loudly questioning everything in his unorthodox way he has made us re-examine many things [...]

Third, he loves America [...]

Fourth, he says what he thinks, is remarkably accessible, and is probably the only president who can’t seem to resist answering questions thrown at him.   [...]

Fifth, he is clearly a non-ideologue and pragmatic  [...]

Continued .....

Offline aligncare

Re: 10 Reasons I Like Donald Trump, From A Female, Former-Democrat Immigrant
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2019, 11:33:26 pm »
Rush loved this article so much he read it on air and went over it point by point.

I’m sure many of us agree with her. It’s just that she articulated it so well.

Excellent synopsis of Trump’s impact on the political landscape.