Author Topic: Costco Bows Down to Sharia Law – They’ve Officially Gone TOO FAR!  (Read 686 times)

rangerrebew

Costco Bows Down to Sharia Law – They’ve Officially Gone TOO FAR!
Emmanuel Emmanuel

A man reported a controversial trip to Costco.

When he arrived at refrigerated section of the store to choose some cuts of meat for the family, he spotted chicken breasts that were already boneless and vacuum sealed.

Americannews:

He was about to purchase the chicken, when he saw a sign that read “Certified Halal.” Instantly, the man was offended. Halal is the term that means that the meat is lawful to eat for a devout Muslim, but it differs vastly from terms like “Kosher” and here’s why.

For lawful meat in Islam, the animal must be killed while the butcher faces Mecca, and either the butcher cries “Allah Akbar” or a tape plays the words over the loud speaker. The process is one of idol worship.

According to the man, serving the meat in the store is an attempt to force American communities to submit to Sharia law.

https://threepercenternation.com/2019/07/costco-bows-down-to-sharia-law-theyve-officially-gone-too-far/

rangerrebew

Sure I believe this.  I'm sure Costco told all their suppliers to rearrange the slaughter areas so they can face east. *****rollingeyes*****

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Sure I believe this.  I'm sure Costco told all their suppliers to rearrange the slaughter areas so they can face east. *****rollingeyes*****
TO be certified halal (or Kosher) there is a procedure to be followed as the animal is slaughtered. Otherwise, it isn't Halal of Kosher. Simple as that.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
For lawful meat in Islam, the animal must be killed while the butcher faces Mecca, and either the butcher cries “Allah Akbar” or a tape plays the words over the loud speaker. The process is one of idol worship.

That is such an incredible piece of bullshit right there I don't know where to begin on stating how false that claim is.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

You'd be a fool if you actually believe that.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
That is such an incredible piece of bullshit right there I don't know where to begin on stating how false that claim is.

threepercentnation should be on the banned source list.  They are full of more shit than a Christmas Goose at Obama's palatial mansion.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
threepercentnation should be on the banned source list.  They are full of more shit than a Christmas Goose at Obama's palatial mansion.

I've watched how animals are slaughtered in order to be considered Halal and eaten the meat as well in more than a couple Muslim countries.  No one is facing East and no one is yelling “Allah Akbar”.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I've watched how animals are slaughtered in order to be considered Halal and eaten the meat as well in more than a couple Muslim countries.  No one is facing East and no one is yelling “Allah Akbar”.

Not doubting you in the least.   
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Not doubting you in the least.

I know you don't.  Just putting that out there for others.  Honestly I'm amazed how much food prepared by the locals I've eaten and I'm still here to talk about it LOL!

Offline PeteS in CA

"Halal" means certain standards of the religion of Islam are followed in the slaughtering. Costco sells Halal meat because there is market demand for it. As best I can tell, Costco has been selling Halal meat in at least some locations for years.

"Kosher" means certain standards of the Jewish religion are followed in the slaughtering. Costco sells Kosher meat because there is market demand for it.

If you don't want Halal meat, buy the ham or pork chops.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2019, 11:44:30 pm by PeteS in CA »
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline roamer_1

If you don't want Halal meat, buy the ham or pork chops.

As a Torah observant Christian, the view from the other way around: I prefer kosher foods or Halal foods secondarily, because both adhere to something more than Torah-kosher... Guaranteed kosher according to my own interpretation of the concept (which is admittedly looser that both).  And as a Christian, I do not care about whatever ritual nonsense may have been offered over the meat, because by Apostolic decree, meat in the market which had been sacrificed to idols is meat after all, and just fine to purchase.

Offline Texas Yellow Rose

• Native Texan
@txradioguy
Reply #3 Agree
Reply #4 Agree
Reply #6 Agree
Thank you

@roamer_1
Reply #10
Well said!

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Hard to believe that any supermarket would carry only Halal/Kosher chicken. If you don't want it, then buy the regular chicken. Or buy chicken somewhere else on the way home. Who cares? If it doesn't sell, they will stop providing it.

Aside: Halal/Kosher meats are going to be significantly more expensive than regular meats. So if you don't have a need for it, it is not worth the expense. Also, Muslims eat Kosher foods, but Jews do not eat Halal foods. Halal food is not considered Kosher by observant Jews. Halal and Kosher are not the same at all. For example Muslims eat camels and other things, which are not Kosher according to Judaic Law.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
@txradioguy
Reply #3 Agree
Reply #4 Agree
Reply #6 Agree
Thank you

@roamer_1
Reply #10
Well said!

@Texas Yellow Rose you're welcome ma’am.   

Offline roamer_1

Also, Muslims eat Kosher foods, but Jews do not eat Halal foods. Halal food is not considered Kosher by observant Jews. Halal and Kosher are not the same at all. For example Muslims eat camels and other things, which are not Kosher according to Judaic Law.

Right... But in the American system, the biggest problem for me is avoiding pork and pork products - Which is surprisingly hard to do, at least in preprocessed foods. As an example, I bought a particular turkey based Italian sausage for years before I found out by happenstance that they pack the sausage in a pork intestine. And the packaging does not tell you that.

I am not kosher according to Judaic law - the whole milk/meat thing as an instance... Not my bag. I cannot find that in Torah. So Judaic Kosher, while it is overly strict to me, pretty well means that my own interpretation is always satisfied - If the packaging has a kosher mark, I know I can eat it.

Likewise Halal - If it has a halal mark, it will not have pork in it. Now, I ain't trying to eat camel... But camel is not present in the American food system anyway.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
The meat milk thing is controversial. Exodus 23 says do not boil a kid (baby goat) in the milk of its mother. OK, got it. But what does that have to do with not eating a cheeseburger? The rabbis extended the meaning of this simple sentence to mean not to eat any meat with any cheese, including chicken. That seems a bit absurd. Can't imagine why?

This is akin to shaluach ha kin in Deut 22. Shoo away the mother bird before taking the eggs and you should not eat the mother bird and her eggs in the same meal. However, Jews eat chickens and eggs in the same meal all the time. How could anyone know if the eggs came from the chicken they are eating? You cannot know that.

I'm only saying that several of the rules of Kosher do not make logical sense. So, don't worry about it too much. It's the thought and the effort that counts.

In terms of Kosher chicken or Kosher turkey in a remote rural area, most observant Jews would have their own chickens/turkeys and simply Kosher them by themselves. It is not that hard to do. And it is the only way to be sure of what you are eating.

You can get vegan/vegetarian sausage casings on Amazon which should be good enough. Or Halal, if you are remote and can't get Kosher, Halal is better than pork. Cool man. Keep up the good fight.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline verga

Right... But in the American system, the biggest problem for me is avoiding pork and pork products - Which is surprisingly hard to do, at least in preprocessed foods. As an example, I bought a particular turkey based Italian sausage for years before I found out by happenstance that they pack the sausage in a pork intestine. And the packaging does not tell you that.
I am not trying to sound like a jerk here and am asking a serious question. I always thought this was common knowledge.I used to make sausage as a kid with my family and you went to the butcher and picked up container of casings and it said on them pork intestines packed in salt.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline thackney

I am not trying to sound like a jerk here and am asking a serious question. I always thought this was common knowledge.I used to make sausage as a kid with my family and you went to the butcher and picked up container of casings and it said on them pork intestines packed in salt.
http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/Smileys/default/th_beerchug.gif

That is not the only type of sausage casing made.

https://www.sausagemaker.com/sausage-casings-s/1922.htm
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline verga

In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.