Author Topic: Mexico-Watch Thread  (Read 6614 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Mexican security forces engaged in gun battle with armed criminal group; at least 14 dead
By Associated Press

MEXICO CITY - Mexican security forces fought an hour-long gun gunbattle Saturday with suspected cartel gunmen in Villa Union, a town in Coahuila state about an hour's drive southwest of Eagle Pass, Texas, leaving at least 14 people dead, officials said.

Coahuila state Gov. Miguel Angel Riquelme told local media four of the dead were police officers killed in the initial confrontation, and that several municipal workers were missing. He said armed group attacked local government offices, prompting state and federal forces to intervene.

The other 10 fatalities were alleged members of the Cartel of the Northeast, which the governor said had stormed the town of 3,000 residents in a convoy of trucks, sparking a response by security forces.

Read more at: https://www.fox5atlanta.com/news/mexican-security-forces-engaged-in-gun-battle-with-armed-criminal-group-at-least-14-dead

The article goes on to say the town has only 3,000 people.

I have heard sometimes, the Cartels might actually invade a municipality and that sounds like what happened here.

There seems to have been a big shootout in another part of Mexico since the members of the LeBaron family were massacred.

If the US has gun-runners, I have no problem with trying to catch them more. I know, some point to guns coming from the US as helping fuel this problem. That's not to call for gun control, we search or can search vehicles heading out to Mexico at the border points and the cartels themselves may be doing a lot of that smuggling.

rangerrebew

Maps: Mexican Drug Cartels Control Large Swath of America
« Reply #101 on: December 01, 2019, 05:51:44 pm »

Maps: Mexican Drug Cartels Control Large Swath of America
12/01/2019 ~ Ann Corcoran   

Today is map day for me!  See RRW this morning to find out if your city is a prime refugee resettlement site.

And, thanks to Richard (@highblueridge) for tipping me off to the presence of maps that show just how much of the US is under the influence of Mexican drug cartels.

According to a 2016 Business Insider story, the Sinaloa cartel controls the lion’s share of the illicit drug market in the US.

These maps are a bit outdated, but definitely still worth having a look at!

https://fraudscrookscriminals.com/2019/12/01/maps-mexican-drug-cartels-control-large-swath-of-america/

rangerrebew

Re: Maps: Mexican Drug Cartels Control Large Swath of America
« Reply #102 on: December 01, 2019, 05:52:23 pm »
It looks as though they are targeting big cities.  Gee, I wonder why? *****rollingeyes*****

Online libertybele

« Reply #103 on: December 01, 2019, 05:56:59 pm »
This comes as no surprise.  How many gang members sitting in our prison system are part of the Mexican Mafia/Cartel? 

Too many have come into this country illegally for ill intent. 

Anyone still think that they are just coming here for a job and a better life?   *****rollingeyes*****
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #104 on: December 01, 2019, 05:57:03 pm »
Drugs aren't immigrants; moving to General Discussion.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online libertybele

« Reply #105 on: December 01, 2019, 05:58:32 pm »
Drugs aren't immigrants; moving to General Discussion.

??? Mexican drug cartels aren't immigrants or illegals immigrants?

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online libertybele

« Reply #106 on: December 01, 2019, 05:59:06 pm »

Just wondering -- your call of course.

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #107 on: December 01, 2019, 06:14:30 pm »

Basically, no. If a news item is about a drug bust or a courier bust, I move it to Current Events. This being about cartels' "sales territories" and possibly not current, I moved it to GD. The purpose of such moves is forum focus.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline TomSea

« Reply #108 on: December 01, 2019, 06:21:08 pm »
This stuff can easily go into world news... there's so much news, we almost need a Mexico thread. I don't want to overemphasize the crisis either for appearances on the board at least. Of course, you can't really "overemphasize" the problem. One could post it there and then, I could merge it into a sort of floating "Mexico Watch thread" we had.

Mexico Watch

I don't mind at all, in fact, maybe more stories can be expounded on.

In fact, I"ll move it now. @PeteS in CA  , you don't always have to take it up yourself to do this. I will go ahead with this one.

I have seen these maps before. There is no problem putting the Mexico stuff in World News, in the stickied Mexico Watch thread or in forum and I will move it.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2019, 06:36:43 pm by TomSea »

Online libertybele

Re: Mexico-Watch Thread
« Reply #109 on: December 01, 2019, 06:44:19 pm »
Back on topic:  the Mexican drug cartel is targeting big cities.  They've migrated to to them to turn big cities into cesspools within our borders.  Nice.

Miami is a prime example. About 7 years ago we had to travel to Miami University Hospital for consultation.  Back then it was like going to a third world country.  I opted not to have surgery there as I feared of possibly becoming a victim during my hospital stay.  I vowed never to return to that area.

Offline j4hi

« Reply #110 on: December 01, 2019, 07:14:04 pm »
thats bleep UP

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #111 on: December 01, 2019, 07:47:29 pm »
@TomSea, a day or two ago I think I moved a story that happened in Spain to the World News forum.

Big cities tend to have two draws for smugglers: lots of potential customers; transportation/distribution hubs.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #112 on: December 01, 2019, 07:57:21 pm »
@TomSea, a day or two ago I think I moved a story that happened in Spain to the World News forum.

Big cities tend to have two draws for smugglers: lots of potential customers; transportation/distribution hubs.
One more: Anonymity.
It's easier to move in an environment where people don't know their neighbor, as opposed to small towns where everyone knows everyone else.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #113 on: December 01, 2019, 08:01:46 pm »
A motorcyclist ambushed her vehicle while she was on her way to the airport afterwards.

Don't ya just HATE it when that happens? 
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #114 on: December 01, 2019, 08:03:45 pm »

Don't ya just HATE it when that happens?
Tough to defend against. Blocked in traffic, someone splits the lane and rides up, and if they have evil intent, you're a sitting duck. Even an armored vehicle can be taken out with a satchel charge, just more collateral damage.
In the meantime, the perp rides off...

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online libertybele

« Reply #115 on: December 02, 2019, 03:00:28 am »
thats bleep UP

Welcome to The Briefing Room @j4hi   :patriot:

Offline TomSea

« Reply #116 on: December 02, 2019, 05:00:30 am »
Report: Mexican authorities arrest suspects in connection with border killings of 9 people

MEXICO CITY (Meredith) -- Several suspects have been detained by Mexican authorities in connection to the massacre of nine members of a Mormon group which occurred near the US-Mexico border in early November, according to The New York Times.

The detentions of the suspects were the result of an operation carried out by members of the Mexican armed forces and intelligence agents, The Times reports citing the office of Mexico’s attorney general.

Another suspect related to the case living in Mexico City was detained in November.

More at: https://www.azfamily.com/news/us_world_news/report-mexican-authorities-arrest-suspects-in-connection-with-border-killings/article_a85facc7-74e2-5b2f-bb30-49457d513fa5.html

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #117 on: December 02, 2019, 09:12:55 am »
"Major Strasser has been shot!

Round up the usual suspects! "

C S Lewis

Offline TomSea

« Reply #118 on: December 02, 2019, 05:03:08 pm »
Per the Lebaron family tragedy in Northern Mexico:

It's Mexico, so with justice in Mexico, to me, sometimes, it seems they just want a "fall guy", I don't think they always get the right guy. Their justice system being quite a bit below ours but they are saying they've arrested 3 people including a boss man, El Mayo (who is fairly well known) and that they are part of La Linea out of Chihuahua, more specifically, a place called Janos Chihuahua.

So, to emphasize, at this point, they are asserting blame with the Linea out of Chihuahua state, the state where Juarez is, bordering on El Paso.

https://www.infobae.com/america/mexico/2019/12/02/detuvieron-a-jefe-de-plaza-de-la-linea-por-ataque-a-los-lebaron/

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/several-individuals-were-arrested-in-connection-to-the-mexico-massacre-of-a-mormon-family-authorities-say/ar-BBXDmxK

I'm not sure the US press is reporting who they think the killers may be associated with.

Also, one of the Lebarons was in Mexico City this weekend for a protest over all of this violence.

Mexico is also making news today that with those warring cartels, one cartel went into a hospital and abducted a patient who was later found murdered. This kind of stuff has happened before. This happened in the state of Guanajuato.  It's pretty gruesome. If one just wants to read about the drug wars down there, it's just thugs, some of it is people who are still in their teens working as soldiers for the Cartels.  The NY Post has this story.

Addendum per the Lebarons above, El Paso Times publish:
Mexican media outlets reported the detentions followed the arrest of “Mario H,” alias “El Mayo,” a local leader of criminal organization nown as "La Linea," affiliates of the Juárez cartel.

Family members responded skeptically to the news, which came less than 24 hours before a scheduled meeting Monday morning with President Andrés Manuel López Obrador in Mexico City.

https://www.elpasotimes.com/story/news/world/2019/12/02/mexico-ambush-suspects-arrested-killed-9-women-and-children/2587418001/

See, family members are skeptical as they meet, Monday morning with the Mexican President. Skeptical, that's all how I'd describe it.

« Last Edit: December 02, 2019, 07:49:24 pm by TomSea »

Offline TomSea

« Reply #119 on: December 02, 2019, 05:19:24 pm »
Families in US enclave in north Mexico hold sad Thanksgiving after massacre kills 9
“I think that when our table is overflowing, we shouldn’t build a wall around it. We should build a bigger table."
Author: Associated Press
Published: 7:30 PM MST November 28, 2019
Updated: 7:30 PM MST November 28, 2019

“I think that when our table is overflowing, we shouldn’t build a wall around it. We should build a bigger table,” Widmar said in a telephone interview.

“I‘ve talked to some of these people first hand, a lot of the people that are involved in organized crime. It wasn’t their dream to be a mafioso or a sicario,” he added, referring to the Spanish word for cartel gunmen. “I’m not justifying their actions by saying this, but their opportunity was so limited that they were drawn more to committing crime to support themselves, or to meet their wants and needs.”

Widmar, 43, was born and raised in Colonia LeBaron, where farmers run cattle and grow pecans. There were about 15 people at his house for the holiday meal.

More:   https://www.12news.com/article/news/nation-world/families-in-us-enclave-in-north-mexico-hold-sad-thanksgiving-after-massacre-kills-9/75-187d4e70-ef05-49a9-b6e5-ba8f420fd54c

He says this, he's down there and he has suffered as the whole Mormon community has.  I take his words in context. Good article still. Obviously, some Mormons have fled and they probably don't see it like this.

Mexico needs a larger army and police force to handle this, I'm starting to look at this and maybe in this way, it is like ISIS, it will have to be tackled before it becomes too big and spills over into our country.

The Narcos had the submarine in that story last week, what else might they get? Something that could endanger many? We are likely, a long way off from that but we still should surely, keep track of such possibilities.

« Last Edit: December 02, 2019, 05:25:17 pm by TomSea »

rangerrebew

Clinton Colluder Protects Cartels
« Reply #120 on: December 02, 2019, 06:19:05 pm »
Clinton Colluder Protects Cartels

Mexican foreign minister Marcelo Ebrard opposes terrorist designation for murderous cartels.
Mon Dec 2, 2019 Lloyd Billingsley

Last month, a Mexican drug cartel murdered nine U.S. citizens, three mothers and six of their children, including an infant of eight months. President Trump offered help in taking down the murderers but Mexican president Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador, AMLO, turned down the offer.

In short order, President Trump announced plans to designate Mexican drug cartels as foreign terrorist organizations (FTO), a classification for which they are fully qualified. That got the attention of Mexico’s ruling class.

“Our problems will be solved by Mexicans,” AMLO told reporters. “We don’t want any interference from any foreign country.” That was no surprise from the man who said the murder of nine Americans was “lamentable,” and who announced a strategy of “abrazos, no balazos,” – “hugs not bullets” – to deal with the cartels.

https://www.frontpagemag.com/fpm/2019/12/clinton-colluder-protects-cartels-lloyd-billingsley/

Offline PeteS in CA

Re: Clinton Colluder Protects Cartels
« Reply #121 on: December 02, 2019, 06:22:27 pm »
Not related to Immigration. Moving.

rangerrebew

Death toll put at 20 for Mexico cartel attack near US border
« Reply #122 on: December 02, 2019, 06:29:21 pm »
Updated 12:57 am CST, Monday, December 2, 2019
Gerardo Sanchez, AP / Copyright 2019 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.

MEXICO CITY (AP) — Mexican security forces on Sunday killed seven more members of a presumed cartel assault force that rolled into a town near the Texas border and staged an hour-long attack, officials said, putting the overall death toll at 20.

The Coahuila state government said in a statement that lawmen aided by helicopters were still chasing remnants of the force that arrived in a convoy of pickup trucks and attacked the city hall of Villa Union on Saturday.

Gov. Miguel Angel Riquelme said late Sunday afternoon that authorities had determined the casualty count from the gunbattles stood at 14 gunmen dead and four police officers killed. He said two civilians also were slain by gunmen after being abducted.

https://www.lmtonline.com/news/texas/article/Toll-at-least-21-after-Mexico-cartel-attack-near-14873636.php

Offline TomSea

Re: Clinton Colluder Protects Cartels
« Reply #123 on: December 02, 2019, 06:41:00 pm »
An interesting story worth reading. Will merge in a day or so with Mexico-Watch.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: Death toll put at 20 for Mexico cartel attack near US border
« Reply #124 on: December 02, 2019, 10:19:31 pm »
Updated 12:57 am CST, Monday, December 2, 2019
Gerardo Sanchez, AP / Copyright 2019 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.

MEXICO CITY (AP) — Mexican security forces on Sunday killed seven more members of a presumed cartel assault force that rolled into a town near the Texas border and staged an hour-long attack, officials said, putting the overall death toll at 20.

The Coahuila state government said in a statement that lawmen aided by helicopters were still chasing remnants of the force that arrived in a convoy of pickup trucks and attacked the city hall of Villa Union on Saturday.

Gov. Miguel Angel Riquelme said late Sunday afternoon that authorities had determined the casualty count from the gunbattles stood at 14 gunmen dead and four police officers killed. He said two civilians also were slain by gunmen after being abducted.

https://www.lmtonline.com/news/texas/article/Toll-at-least-21-after-Mexico-cartel-attack-near-14873636.php

@rangerrebew

You have to be seriously delusional to militarily take on a government in public,regardless of how much money or how many thugs are on your payroll. The ONE thing no government on Earth is going to put up with is being humiliated in public by a criminal gang. The cartel leader here were from being a pain in the ass to being a government target. He ain't long for this world.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!