Author Topic: Trump Signs New Record-Low Refugee Admission Ceiling; No Arrivals Since Oct. 1  (Read 888 times)

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Trump Signs New Record-Low Refugee Admission Ceiling; No Arrivals Since Oct. 1

hree days after President Trump signed a presidential determination limiting the number of refugees to be resettled in the United States in FY 2020 to a record-low 18,000, State Department data show that not one refugee has been admitted into the U.S. in the 35 days since the fiscal year began.

Over the same 35-day period last year, 1,889 refugees were resettled in the U.S., while the equivalent admission numbers for earlier years were 1,283 in 2017, 11,343 in 2016 and 6,197 in 2015, according to the department’s Refugee Processing Center.

The determination signed on Friday sets a ceiling of 18,000 refugee admissions for FY 2020. Of those, 5,000 places are broadly allocated to applicants claiming religious persecution; 4,000 places are earmarked for Iraqis who helped the U.S. during the Iraq War; and 1,500 allocations are set aside for applicants from the northern triangle countries of El Salvador, Guatemala, or Honduras..........

https://www.cnsnews.com/article/international/patrick-goodenough/trump-signs-new-record-low-refugee-admission-ceiling-no
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Good.
Now reduce it further, next  year!

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Good.
Now reduce it further, next  year!

We can only hope!
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.