Author Topic: Whistleblower's Attorney Threatens Legal Action Against Journalists For Outing Their Client  (Read 218 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Whistleblower's Attorney Threatens Legal Action Against Journalists For Outing Their Client
Beth Baumann

|
Posted: Nov 03, 2019 5:57 PM

The Ukrainian whistleblower's legal team has repeatedly maintained the notion that their client's anonymity is important and is protected under the Whistleblower Protection Act of 1989.

According to the legal team's statement released on Thursday, the government isn't the only party responsible for protecting the whistleblower's identity. The media has a responsibility as well. Should a journalist or media outlet publish the whistleblower's name, they could face legal recourse:

Accordingly, we neither confirm nor deny the identity of the Intelligence Community Whistleblower. Our client is legally entitled to anonymity. Disclosure of the name of any person who may be suspected to be the whistleblower places that individual and their family in great physical danger. Any physical harm the individual and/or their family suffers as a result of disclosure means that the individuals and publications reporting such names will be personally liable for that harm. Such behavior is at the pinnacle of irresponsibility and is intentionally reckless.

more
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/bethbaumann/2019/11/03/whistleblowers-attorney-threatens-legal-action-against-journalists-for-outing-th-n2555815
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline jpsb

And what happened to the right to face your accuser? I do believe a Constitutional guaranteed right takes precedent over
any laws written by Congress.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
I actually read the intelligence whistleblower law and several interpretations, and no where did I see anything about the individuals ID requiring anonymity, especially in the media.

Nutty liberal lawyers doing what nutty liberals do - besainting their protected peoples with qualities not found in the law or the Constitution.
The Republic is lost.

Offline PeteS in CA

Accordingly, we neither confirm nor deny the identity of the Intelligence Community Whistleblower.

Riiiii-ight. :silly: You're breathing threats of legal action because some media people are calling out the wrong guy! :silly: Not buying that bridge, bungling legal beagles. Either media people have called out the right guy or one of the leakblower's sources which will lead to exposure of the leakblower.

And the only way the leakblower is in more danger than I am is if the murder rate of where he lives is higher than the murder rate of where I live.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline PeteS in CA

I actually read the intelligence whistleblower law and several interpretations, and no where did I see anything about the individuals ID requiring anonymity, especially in the media.

Nutty liberal lawyers doing what nutty liberals do - besainting their protected peoples with qualities not found in the law or the Constitution.

The longer the leakblower is annoymorous the longer public examination of his credibility is delayed, and the more - or so the Dems hope - his narrative is fixed in the public mind.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
The longer the leakblower is annoymorous the longer public examination of his credibility is delayed, and the more - or so the Dems hope - his narrative is fixed in the public mind.

Precisely.  That is the ground-game of "perception."  Perception beats out Reality every time.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: