Author Topic: What's on the ballot across the country on Tuesday  (Read 298 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
What's on the ballot across the country on Tuesday
« on: November 03, 2019, 04:57:37 pm »
What's on the ballot across the country on Tuesday
By Reid Wilson - 11/03/19 10:10 AM EST

Voters head to the polls across the country on Tuesday to decide a host of critical elections that will shape social and fiscal policy — and offer an early hint about the state of the electorate a year before the 2020 presidential election.

Here are the critical races to watch as the results come in early next week:

MISSISSIPPI

Voters here will choose a new governor to replace term-limited Gov. Phil Bryant (R). Lt. Gov. Tate Reeves (R) is the favorite, both because of Mississippi’s red hue and because of an arcane law that requires statewide candidates to win a majority of state legislative districts, not just the popular vote, that favors Republicans in an age of hyper polarization.

But recent polls have showed Reeves running only slightly ahead of Attorney General Jim Hood (D), one of the last Democrats to hold statewide office in the Deep South. Hood has won a majority of legislative districts before, so it’s not out of the question that Democrats could win back the governorship for the first time since Ronnie Musgrove won election in 1999.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/468347-whats-on-the-ballot-across-the-country-on-tuesday
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Re: What's on the ballot across the country on Tuesday
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2019, 11:25:52 pm »
Initiative 1000.  Special considerations for race, sex and diversity in hiring in public education, public employment and public contracting.

More liberal garbage that values one person over another and promotes their twisted diversity agenda.

976! yes for 30$ tabs which we had already voted for but without a vote they changed back.

AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Applewood

Re: What's on the ballot across the country on Tuesday
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2019, 11:45:57 pm »
City of Pittsburgh wants a half mil property tax increase, allegedly to fund maintenance and improvements of its parks"

https://triblive.com/local/pittsburgh-allegheny/pittsburgh-voters-will-be-asked-for-tax-increase-to-fund-city-parks/

I don't live in the city, but if I did, I'd vote "no."  The city and county in the past have done taxes or tax increases supposedly dedicated for a particular purpose.  And every time it seems the money somehow disappears.