Author Topic: Envy is a symptom of Trump Derangement Syndrome  (Read 682 times)

rangerrebew

Envy is a symptom of Trump Derangement Syndrome
« on: November 03, 2019, 01:01:36 pm »
November 3, 2019
Envy is a symptom of Trump Derangement Syndrome
By Peter Skurkiss

Trump derangement syndrome (TDS) is a mental disorder in which a person has effectively been driven insane due to his hatred of Donald Trump, to the point where he abandons all logic and reason.  Such people are impervious to facts that contradict their preconceived notions of the president.

As to a syndrome, it's a group of symptoms that consistently occur together and indicate the presence of a particular mental or physical disease.  For example, symptoms for the onset of diabetes include things like increased thirst and urination, insulin resistance, high belly fat, blurred vision, and so on.

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2019/11/envy_is_a_symptom_of_trump_derangement_syndrome.html

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: Envy is a symptom of Trump Derangement Syndrome
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2019, 01:20:19 pm »
I've long said this is one of the driving forces behind TDS:

FTA:

Envy leads a person to hate another just for having or achieving something good.  As Schoeck puts it: "[e]nvious is defined a disgruntled emotional state arising from the possessions or achievements of another, a spiteful wish that the other should lose them."  This hatred for the success of another stems from the belief that the person doing the envying is not capable or competent enough to achieve a similar success.  His goal therefore becomes not to gain what the other has as in the case of jealousy, but to destroy it.  In this process, a person's mental state is so disordered that he is even willing to destroy himself if it will hurt the person of his envy. [...]

Trump's opponents hate him not for his mistakes, tweets, or manners, but for his achievements — achievements they themselves could never produce.  They are even highly envious of Trump's wife, Melania, a most gracious and beautiful first lady, especially when contrasted with the oafish Michelle Obama.  The media are loath to report anything good about Melania and take gratuitous shots at her at every opportunity.  Why?  They want to damage Melania only because she's the wife of Donald Trump.  That is hate inspired by envy.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2019, 02:04:37 pm »
Nonsense.

These screeds say more about the accuser than the accused... By reason of projection, the accuser reveals the things which attracted him... And such a shallow reasoning is revealed...

I oppose Tump outright.
But I have no need of fame. Nor of riches. Nor of a high-maintenance woman. What is there to envy? And setting those things aside, as they mean nothing to me, what is left to judge the man to his favor?

Very little.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2019, 02:31:01 pm »
Nonsense.
These screeds say more about the accuser than the accused... By reason of projection, the accuser reveals the things which attracted him... And such a shallow reasoning is revealed...  I oppose Tump outright. But I have no need of fame. Nor of riches. Nor of a high-maintenance woman. What is there to envy? And setting those things aside, as they mean nothing to me, what is left to judge the man to his favor?   Very little.
@roamer_1

I believe Trump's behavior meets the psychological criteria for Malignant Narcissism.  I would not envy him for having that.  He went into bankruptcy four or five times.  I would not envy his behavior for causing multiple bankruptcy.  He wouldn't pay companies who worked on his projects and some went bankrupt due to that.  I don't envy such behavior.  He lies constantly, every day, I don't envy his lies.   Just like you, I will not vote for him in 2020.

Offline xyno

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2019, 02:52:59 pm »
Envy is part of the human condition of which we all suffer to some degree.  I am confident in saying this however:  There is nothing about the President I envy. 

That said, I expect I'll vote for him.  Alternatives are none in my view.  I'll reconcile that with my virtue later.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2019, 02:55:28 pm »
@roamer_1

I believe Trump's behavior meets the psychological criteria for Malignant Narcissism.  I would not envy him for having that.  He went into bankruptcy four or five times.  I would not envy his behavior for causing multiple bankruptcy.  He wouldn't pay companies who worked on his projects and some went bankrupt due to that.  I don't envy such behavior.  He lies constantly, every day, I don't envy his lies.   Just like you, I will not vote for him in 2020.

Narcissist for sure, @Victoria33 , though I haven't the credz to assign 'malignant'... But otherwise I agree with you.

:beer:

Offline aligncare

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2019, 03:20:20 pm »
Whether envy is or isn’t a part of TDS is a minor point. TDS is psychologically real—DSM simply hasn’t caught up yet.

Doubt that? Then what is it we are seeing last 4 years in newspapers, magazines, blogs, at sports stadiums, preschools, fast food restaurants and with the talking heads at ABCNNBCBS and in cities big and small?

And why are people showing up in mental health offices with symptoms of anxiety disorders whose onset happen to coincide with Trump’s election?

I am reminded of President Reagan’s words: Don’t be afraid to see what you see.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2019, 03:23:33 pm »
I wish I had his money, but I certainly don't envy anything else about Trump. I'll gladly vote for him next year over whatever Marxist clown the Dems nominate, but there's nothing about Trump's character that I envy.
Melania is alright, but I'm quite happy with a wife who isn't quite as high rent. In fact, my wife has more dough than I do.
If Trumpsters want to believe their hero is perfect and people who don't like him simply do it out of envy, they can go right ahead and think that.
George Soros probably has more dough than Trump, and I certainly don't wish I was Soros or any other corrupt billionaire.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2019, 03:31:46 pm »
There is not a single thing about Donald Trump that I envy.  Not one.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2019, 03:34:28 pm »
Whether envy is or isn’t a part of TDS is a minor point. TDS is psychologically real—DSM simply hasn’t caught up yet.

Doubt that? Then what is it we are seeing last 4 years in newspapers, magazines, blogs, at sports stadiums, preschools, fast food restaurants and with the talking heads at ABCNNBCBS and in cities big and small?

And why are people showing up in mental health offices with symptoms of anxiety disorders whose onset happen to coincide with Trump’s election?

I am reminded of President Reagan’s words: Don’t be afraid to see what you see.

Nah... The very same thing happened across the entire width of Dubya's administration. It ain't nothing special to have the liberals get all verklempt. They'd have done the very same for any Republican... and have over and again.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2019, 04:04:37 pm »
Nah... The very same thing happened across the entire width of Dubya's administration. It ain't nothing special to have the liberals get all verklempt. They'd have done the very same for any Republican... and have over and again.

True.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2019, 05:31:42 pm »

@musiclady

Nor I,but I fully intend on voting for him on election day.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2019, 05:51:18 pm »
I oppose Tump outright.
But I have no need of fame. Nor of riches. Nor of a high-maintenance woman. 

:silly:

« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2019, 05:51:54 pm »

How about Melania?   :laugh:

« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2019, 06:06:49 pm »
Nah... The very same thing happened across the entire width of Dubya's administration.

Nah...had they envied W they would have tried to strip him of his power and personal wealth.  But not even his political enemies found anything enviable about the man.

« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2019, 06:08:38 pm »
That said, I expect I'll vote for him.  Alternatives are none in my view.  I'll reconcile that with my virtue later.

Then you don't suffer from TDS  :beer:

Online roamer_1

« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2019, 06:10:58 pm »
:silly:

Dunno what you see as funny in that @Right_in_Virginia
I wouldn't want a damn thing Tump's got. And not because he's Tump.
Hard for me to envy that which I abhor. There ain't a single thing in that Back-east way that I admire.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2019, 06:12:00 pm »
Nah...had they envied W they would have tried to strip him of his power and personal wealth.  But not even his political enemies found anything enviable about the man.

They did try.

« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2019, 06:24:38 pm »
Dunno what you see as funny in that @Right_in_Virginia

Your post sounded so bitter, roamer, I didn't know whether to laugh or cry.  I chose to laugh.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2019, 06:28:36 pm »
Your post sounded so bitter, roamer, I didn't know whether to laugh or cry.  I chose to laugh.

@Right_in_Virginia
I ain't bitter at all. Why would I be bitter for what I don't want?
I just don't see success the same way as y'all...
Nor wealth.
Nor power.
Nor women, apparently.

What is there to envy?
« Last Edit: November 03, 2019, 06:29:38 pm by roamer_1 »

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2019, 06:28:51 pm »
Then you don't suffer from TDS  :beer:

I don't know of any Briefers who I would claim have "TDS,"  just many who simply don't like him.  Envy doesn't come into it here, maybe it does in the meat world.  Envy is considered to be a major character flaw for most of us.  I don't envy anybody, not even those wealthier than I.  Why would I?  It wouldn't improve my situation at all.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2019, 06:36:08 pm »
@Right_in_Virginia
I ain't bitter at all. Why would I be bitter for what I don't want?
I just don't see success the same way as y'all...
Nor wealth.
Nor power.
Nor women, apparently.

What is there to envy? 

:laugh:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2019, 06:37:07 pm »

@Right_in_Virginia

That's not it. They were afraid of Babs. The CLINTONS were afraid of Babs,which is why they didn't try to screw the Bush Crime Family out of their cut of the Chinese trade deal payoffs.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2019, 06:41:59 pm »
@Right_in_Virginia

That's not it. They were afraid of Babs. The CLINTONS were afraid of Babs,which is why they didn't try to screw the Bush Crime Family out of their cut of the Chinese trade deal payoffs.

Well @sneakypete your thesis certainly helps explain this: