Author Topic: Why is the Trump campaign funneling money to Donald Trump Jr. and Kimberly Guilfoyle?  (Read 498 times)

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Why is the Trump campaign funneling money to Donald Trump Jr. and Kimberly Guilfoyle?
by Brad Polumbo
 | October 31, 2019 04:27 PM

President Trump promised to “Drain the Swamp”of corruption during his history-making run for the Oval Office. Little did we know he planned to replace it with a presidential campaign working to enrich his family members.

At least, this shady behavior is alleged by new reporting from the University of Florida student newspaper The Alligator. The paper reports that Trump campaign official Caroline Wren directly emailed the university’s student body president and requested that he bring Donald Trump Jr., Kimberly Guilfoyle, and Republican National Committee official Tommy Hicks to campus for a paid speaking opportunity. The emails coordinating this event have been posted publicly, and it appears Wren signed off in her official capacity as national finance consultant for the Trump campaign.

The students obliged, and Trump Jr. and Guilfoyle hosted a well-attended campus event on Oct. 10. There’s nothing wrong with this, of course, as it’s good to have diverse campus speakers, and they’re both prominent pro-Trump voices whose perspectives are worth hearing. If student groups want to host them, they should.
However, in this case, Trump Jr. received $50,000 in speaking fees funded by student tuition per The Alligator. That is not something the president's reelection campaign ought to be facilitating. The Washington Post’s Radley Balko took a critical tone to the whole affair, deploring that “Trump Jr. got $50K in mandatory student dues to come campaign for his dad.”

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/why-is-the-trump-campaign-funneling-money-to-donald-trump-jr-and-kimberly-guilfoyle
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Online MajorClay

He is on a book tour.

Offline aligncare

He is on a book tour.

You me to say book authors can get a speaking fee?  Sounds shady to me.  happy77

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Why is the Trump campaign funneling money to Donald Trump Jr. and Kimberly Guilfoyle?
He knows the GOP will defend it.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
You me to say book authors can get a speaking fee?  Sounds shady to me.  happy77

He's writing a book?  Does he have any experience doing that?
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
At least, this shady behavior is alleged by new reporting from the University of Florida student newspaper The Alligator.
OK, first of all, really, a college newspaper? One step above a blog. If that. :silly:

Second of all, this is hardly earth-shattering corruption. It's been a long-established practice for politicians to slip their friends and family onto the campaign expense report as the "campaign treasurer" or things like that. Let's not act like Trump originated this. Sketchy yes, but hardly unprecedented.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline mountaineer

He's writing a book?  Does he have any experience doing that?
I don't know, but seems to me the best - and only - experience for writing a book is writing a book. Same with anything.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
OK, first of all, really, a college newspaper? One step above a blog. If that. :silly:

Second of all, this is hardly earth-shattering corruption. It's been a long-established practice for politicians to slip their friends and family onto the campaign expense report as the "campaign treasurer" or things like that. Let's not act like Trump originated this. Sketchy yes, but hardly unprecedented.
But....but....... TRUUUMP  9999hair out0000

Offline libertybele

Exactly.  I think you'd be very hard pressed to find a college that wasn't heavily geared toward liberalism. 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.