Author Topic: A Denver Business Is Fined For Not Picking Up Other People’s Poop  (Read 1389 times)

Offline PeteS in CA

https://hotair.com/archives/jazz-shaw/2019/11/12/denver-business-fined-not-picking-peoples-poop/

A Denver Business Is Fined For Not Picking Up Other People’s Poop

Upon seeing this story, you might be tempted to think it was about San Francisco, but it actually takes place in Denver, Colorado. Jawaid Bazyar is the owner of a communications company named FORETHOUGHT.net. His building is adjacent to an alley where groups of homeless people, prostitutes and drug addicts hang out. Recently, the problem has spiraled out of control and people have been urinating and defecating in the alley, along with leaving discarded hypodermic needles on the ground.

Despite having complained to the police repeatedly, nothing seemed to change and Bazyar grew distraught at the prospect of his employees having to clean up the potentially hazardous waste. The city of Denver responded by issuing him a citation and fining him for not keeping the property clean.
The point the owner is trying to make with the city is that he and his employees are neither trained nor equipped to deal with human waste and hypodermic needles, both of which could potentially carry disease. He describes it as a health hazard and blames the city for not enforcing laws against drug use, prostitution, public defecation and camping on the alleys and sidewalks.

The city disagreed and has informed him that he will be facing additional fines and fees as long as he continues to fail to clean up the alleyway.

I'm sure some of SF's Board of Stuporvisors will be taking notes when they read of this.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online roamer_1

Re: A Denver Business Is Fined For Not Picking Up Other People’s Poop
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2019, 11:51:00 pm »
REALLY? I would have thought the alley would be city property.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2019, 12:30:42 am »
REALLY? I would have thought the alley would be city property.
Perhaps it's like sidewalks. City property, but the business owner is responsible for shoveling the snow. When it comes to alleys, they may be city property, but it's still up to the Mr. Bazyars of Denver to don the hazmat suits and shovel up the poo.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online roamer_1

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2019, 02:49:22 am »
Perhaps it's like sidewalks. City property, but the business owner is responsible for shoveling the snow. When it comes to alleys, they may be city property, but it's still up to the Mr. Bazyars of Denver to don the hazmat suits and shovel up the poo.

Seems silly to me... But then what do I know. I have never had a sidewalk in my life.  :shrug:

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2019, 09:55:42 am »
Just flush all that stuff out into the street....
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online mountaineer

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2019, 12:50:27 pm »
Just flush all that stuff out into the street....
He ought to scoop it up, put it in boxes, and deposit them at City Hall.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline thackney

Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2019, 02:32:56 pm »
Correct me if I get something wrong, but:

* Colorado and Denver attract and enable bums;

* Denver refuses to protect this guy's property from trespassing bums;

* Fines the guy because the bums attracted, enabled, and protected by Denver crap and urinate in his alley and he doesn't have the means to clean it up safely.

BTW, Colorado is not in the Ninth Circuit, so the insane Boise decision is not binding on Colorado cities.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

rangerrebew

« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2019, 04:46:41 pm »
Denver Business Fined for Refusing to Pick Up Poop of the Homeless People
Mike Vance Mike Vance November 13, 2019   

A Denver business owner is being fined by the City of Denver for refusing to clean up feces from the homeless people who defecate on a daily basis in front of his business. It has now at a point where the business owner is being taken to court.

Jawaid Bazyar is the CEO of an internet service provider in Colorado. When he talks about the city it sounds like many describe San Francisco. He said the city has turned into a “bathroom stall” with crime, feces and used syringes all over the place.

“The wall is a bathroom stall. They lean up against it and let it rip,” Bazyar said to FOX31 KDVR. “In downtown Denver, that’s nonstop now, just piles of poop.”

https://thinkamericana.com/denver-business-fined-for-refusing-to-pick-up-poop-of-the-homeless-people/

rangerrebew

« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2019, 04:48:50 pm »
If he does pick it up, he should take it to the capitol and throw it on the front lawn. 888sunglass

Offline Mod1

« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2019, 05:08:00 pm »
Threads merged

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2019, 05:43:08 pm »
Setting aside the feces aspect, several OC Calif. cities are engaged with lawsuits where judges have ordered cities, to provide homeless housing.

Thecities in turn, have tried buying suitable properties,  but neighbors push back, NIMBY.

Lawmakers in Sacramento, need to pass laws to confine problem people.

Lawmakers have avoided their jobs, which should be to provide parameters for involuntary confinement.

Civil libertarians, have foisted an ongoing experiment, with how much impact citizens will accepts, of wandering addicts, mental defectives, criminals, etc.

« Last Edit: November 14, 2019, 07:18:41 pm by truth_seeker »
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline PeteS in CA

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2019, 05:26:05 pm »

https://www.whenshtf.com/threads/58091-It-is-now-legal-to-Defecate-and-Urinate-on-Denver-sidewalks

Before the vote, all violations of the Denver municipal code were punishable by up to a year in jail and/or a fine of up to $999. The new ordinance creates a brand new sentencing category that carries out different penalties. Most municipal offenses will carry a maximum of 300 days in jail and up to a $999 fine. The new ordinance creates “Class 1” and “Class 2” offenses.

Class 2 offenses, which carry a maximum 60-day jail sentence and no fine.

Sitting or lying in the public right-of-way
Unauthorized camping on public or private property prohibited
Urinating or defecating in public
Panhandling
Curfews and closures
Storage and loading
Prohibitions
Solicitation on or near street or highway
The “class 2” offenses as so-called “quality of life” offenses that often impact the homeless community.

That’s the latest from the progressive city that seeks to ensure it “will not sacrifice” its “values or bend to a broken immigration system.”

Denver Mayor Michael Hancock (D) and some of the city officials explained that the new ordinances are designed to protect immigrants, legal and illegal, from “unintended consequences.”

Also see: https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2018/01/to_protect_illegals_from_deportation_denver_decriminalizes_pooping_on_the_pavement.html
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline cato potatoe

« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2019, 04:28:00 pm »
One of the city councilwomen has pink hair.  Not that I encourage such behavior, but I would probably scoop all of it into a box and mail it to her parents.