Author Topic: It’s Time For Republicans To STOP Whining About The ‘Process’ And Defend This President  (Read 315 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
It’s Time For Republicans To STOP Whining About The ‘Process’ And Defend This President

Scott Morefield

Posted: Nov 02, 2019 12:01 AM

After weeks of behind-closed doors testimony and years of hoping for this day, the Democratic-led House of Representatives finally passed an official vote formalizing its ongoing impeachment inquiry, thus paving the way for public hearings and testimony about whether or not President Donald Trump committed “high crimes and misdemeanors” in his July 25 phone call with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky.

While the only “bi-partisan” aspect of that vote went to the “no’s,” with two Democrats voting with the GOP, it looks like the wheels of impeachment are finally beginning to officially grind toward what we all knew, ever since Democrats won the House in 2018, would be its inevitable conclusion. We all knew it, we just didn’t know exactly what the triggering event would be, what lame Trumpian malfeasance some pencil-necked Deep State “whistleblower” would point and shriek at as the final straw, the ultimate “threat to our Democracy” that they believe just might warrant enough GOP “Well, I never!” crowd support to topple Trump this time.

So, this was it, apparently. This phone call to Ukraine’s president, the one where Trump asked for an investigation into a possible crime possibly committed by someone named Biden, who may or may not face Trump in the general election a year and a half later. Oh, and for an investigation into 2016 election interference, because we can’t forget what’s REALLY offending Democrats, notwithstanding all their hysterics about the Bidens being untouchable and ‘besides it’s been proven they’ve never committed any crimes ever.’ Start looking there, and some of the wrong people might start getting indictments.

more
https://townhall.com/columnists/scottmorefield/2019/11/02/its-time-for-republicans-to-stop-whining-about-the-process-and-defend-this-president-n2555774
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline skeeter

The problem with this article is the process is a farce. Ignoring it and simply going on defense legitimizes it.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
The problem with this article is the process is a farce. Ignoring it and simply going on defense legitimizes it.

:yowsa: Absolutely right!  :beer:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!

I'll second @Bigun 's post!    :patriot:   
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
This process argument. To abandon it , has been a liberal talking point since the house vote the otherday.   That means we must not abandon the point.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline skeeter

@Bigun @DCPatriot

Continually dancing to their tune is not a winning strategy. There's a grand jury at this moment looking into democrat lawbreaking and all our side does is continue to react to rat media lies.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
This process argument. To abandon it , has been a liberal talking point since the house vote the otherday.   That means we must not abandon the point.

@The Ghost

I agree. You don't really beat anyone until you beat them at their own game and make it obvious they are sleezy liars and criminals.

Played right,this could lead to major resignations to avoid prosecution. Not that we should accept conditions unless they are willing to testify to conspiracies and name names.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline aligncare

Should articles of impeachment get to the Senate I thought Mark Levin had the best response.

Levin said McConnell should refuse the articles as being the product of an illegitimate and flawed process and simply refuse to consider them. It’s within his powers to do so. Case closed.

If McConnell were to do this, he would redeem himself in my eyes. But, what are the chances? McConnell is deeply imbedded in the swamp and I suspect secretly wouldn’t mind it if Trump were to vanish.

Edit: ...so he can get back to business as usual (and as profitable).
« Last Edit: November 02, 2019, 02:48:54 pm by aligncare »

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
@The Ghost

I agree. You don't really beat anyone until you beat them at their own game and make it obvious they are sleezy liars and criminals.

Played right,this could lead to major resignations to avoid prosecution. Not that we should accept conditions unless they are willing to testify to conspiracies and name names.

"Major resignations" my butt!    Six (6) of them need to swing by the neck until dead.   On the Washington Mall.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
"Major resignations" my butt!    Six (6) of them need to swing by the neck until dead.   On the Washington Mall.

Near the reflecting pool. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@DCPatriot

That could work for me,too. I'd even volunteer to tug on the ankles.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!