Author Topic: CANADA: Storm moves barge trapped above Horseshoe Falls for 101 years closer to the edge  (Read 309 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Storm moves barge trapped above Horseshoe Falls for 101 years closer to the edge

Known as the Iron Scow, the barge is the site of a historic rescue in 1918
Christine Rankin · CBC News · Posted: Nov 01, 2019 3:52 PM ET | Last Updated: November 1

Thursday's storm moved the deteriorated iron scow at the top of Horseshoe Falls closer to the edge. Niagara Parks staff are monitoring the situation. (Niagara Parks)

Strong winds and rains during Thursday night's storm have moved the historic iron scow at the top of Canada's Horseshoe Falls, which had been stuck in the same place for more than 100 years — and now, it's closer to the edge.

In a press release, Niagara Parks said that the deteriorated dumping scow, which is similar to a barge, used to be lodged in the upper rapids above the falls, but has shifted down river.

Read more at: https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamilton/iron-scow-horseshoe-falls-1.5344845

I know, it seems like I've posted quite a few world news stories but I couldn't resist on this? Has one ever heard of such a thing? And why might this have not been reported here?  You get some nutty news stories from our Northern neighbor. Who could ever imagine this?    00drama

I don't know where this Scow would be in relation to this picture but it is certainly a lovely site, if one has been to Niagara Falls.

« Last Edit: November 02, 2019, 10:09:14 am by TomSea »