Author Topic: NEWS FROM EWC: Navy Improving Mine Warfare Capabilities to Counter Russia, China  (Read 182 times)

rangerrebew

NEWS FROM EWC: Navy Improving Mine Warfare Capabilities to Counter Russia, China
10/23/2019
By Connie Lee

ANNAPOLIS, Md. — The Navy must improve its mine warfare capabilities as it faces an era of great power competition, said one top Navy mine official Oct. 22.

China and Russia are the “world’s most advanced and prolific miners,” with Iran and North Korea not far behind, said Sam Taylor, mine warfare senior leader at the Navy’s program executive office for unmanned and small combatants.

These adversaries have large quantities of advanced mines that "absolutely have the ability to impact what we want to do,” he said at the National Defense Industrial Association’s annual Expeditionary Warfare Conference in Annapolis, Maryland. “It's critical that we get after it and stay after it."

https://www.nationaldefensemagazine.org/articles/2019/10/23/news-from-ewc-navy-improving-mine-warfare-capabilities-to-counter-russia-and-china