Author Topic: Trump, Lifelong New Yorker, Declares Himself a Resident of Florida  (Read 746 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
NY Times by Maggie Haberman 10/31/2019

The president filed a “declaration of domicile” last month saying that his property in Palm Beach will be his permanent residence.

He came of age in Queens, built Trump Tower, starred in “The Apprentice,” bankrupted his businesses six times, and drew cheering crowds and angry protesters to Fifth Avenue after his election. Through it all, President Trump — rich, bombastic and to many Americans the epitome of a New Yorker — was intertwined with the city he called his lifelong home.

No longer.

In late September, Mr. Trump changed his primary residence from Manhattan to Palm Beach, Fla., according to documents filed with the Palm Beach County Circuit Court. Melania Trump, the first lady, also changed her residence to Palm Beach in an identical document.

Each of the Trumps filed a “declaration of domicile” saying that the Mar-a-Lago Club, Mr. Trump’s resort in Palm Beach, will be their permanent residence.

More: https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/31/us/politics/trump-new-york-florida-primary-residence.html

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Donald Trump Switches Primary Residence from New York to Florida
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2019, 01:29:18 pm »
Joshua Caplan 1 Nov 2019

President Donald Trump, a lifelong New Yorker, has switched his primary residence from Manhattan to Palm Beach, Florida, according to the New York Times.

Documents filed with the Palm Beach County Circuit Court show the president and first lady Melania Trump submitted a “declaration of domicile” stating their permanent residence is the Mar-a-Lago Club.

“If I maintain another place or places of abode in some other state or states, I hereby declare that my above-described residence and abode in the State of Florida constitutes my predominant and principal home, and I intend to continue it permanently as such,” the president’s document reportedly reads. “I formerly resided at 721 Fifth Avenue,” the filing adds in reference to Trump Tower in New York.

An unnamed source conveyed to the Times that the couple’s decision to change his primary residence was for tax purposes.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2019/11/01/donald-trump-switches-primary-residence-from-new-york-to-florida/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
Trump, Lifelong New Yorker, Declares Himself a Resident of Florida
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2019, 01:35:35 pm »
He came of age in Queens, built Trump Tower, starred in “The Apprentice,” bankrupted his businesses six times, and drew cheering crowds and angry protesters to Fifth Avenue after his election. Through it all, President Trump — rich, bombastic and to many Americans the epitome of a New Yorker — was intertwined with the city he called his lifelong home.

No longer.

In late September, Mr. Trump changed his primary residence from Manhattan to Palm Beach, Fla., according to documents filed with the Palm Beach County Circuit Court. Melania Trump, the first lady, also changed her residence to Palm Beach in an identical document.

Each of the Trumps filed a “declaration of domicile” saying that the Mar-a-Lago Club, Mr. Trump’s resort in Palm Beach, will be their permanent residence.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-lifelong-new-yorker-declares-himself-a-resident-of-florida/ar-AAJFly0
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Re: Trump, Lifelong New Yorker, Declares Himself a Resident of Florida
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2019, 01:40:41 pm »
Wise move for several reasons. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online kevindavis007

Re: Donald Trump Switches Primary Residence from New York to Florida
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2019, 01:50:45 pm »
Don't blame him.   I guess he is the first President to be from Florida, and I think the first sitting President to move a primary residence from one state to another while in office.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2019, 02:10:00 pm »
'Good riddance': New York governor cheers Trump changing residency to Florida
"It's not like Mr. Trump paid taxes here anyway," New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo said. "He's all yours, Florida."

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/good-riddance-new-york-governor-cheers-trump-changing-residency-florida-n1074966?cid=sm_npd_nn_fb_ma&fbclid=IwAR2gO-fNvUn5F_rbSp8iwoQTGFlJ1T5kJxz3btwQXgQ9bMc_4EA6vHEQ22s
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2019, 02:17:40 pm »
'Good riddance': New York governor cheers Trump changing residency to Florida
"It's not like Mr. Trump paid taxes here anyway," New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo said. "He's all yours, Florida."

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/good-riddance-new-york-governor-cheers-trump-changing-residency-florida-n1074966?cid=sm_npd_nn_fb_ma&fbclid=IwAR2gO-fNvUn5F_rbSp8iwoQTGFlJ1T5kJxz3btwQXgQ9bMc_4EA6vHEQ22s

Classy guy that Cuomo. 

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2019, 02:22:11 pm »
One more millionaire fleeing NY that won't pay a dime in NY Income taxes.

Cuomo must be so proud.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2019, 02:25:39 pm »
Don't blame him.   I guess he is the first President to be from Florida, and I think the first sitting President to move a primary residence from one state to another while in office.
You may wish to take a reading pill.

He is from New York as he was born in NYC, not Florida.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online kevindavis007

« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2019, 02:42:10 pm »

Dude, I'm basing it on residence.. When Lincoln was President  he was FROM ILLINOIS.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Online roamer_1

« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2019, 03:01:40 pm »

You can take the boy out of New York City... But you can't take New York City out of the boy.  **nononono*

Offline Wingnut

« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2019, 03:03:44 pm »
You can take the boy out of New York City... But you can't take New York City out of the boy.  **nononono*

Half of NYC expats live in trumps new zipcode. 

Online roamer_1

« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2019, 03:04:47 pm »
Half of NYC expats live in trumps new zipcode.

You are proving my point.

Online libertybele

« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2019, 03:06:46 pm »
Florida has no state tax nor tax on pensions, I'm surprised they stayed in NY for as long as they did.

Welcome to Florida President Trump and first Lady Melania.  Our governor that you supported is doing one heck of a job!  Glad you're here.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Wingnut

« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2019, 03:07:41 pm »
You are proving my point.

I didn't know you had a point.  Is snark a point now?

Online libertybele

« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2019, 03:12:05 pm »

IMHO the President has changed, yes, he will always have his NY roots, but I believe he's also learned from them and probably has realized what a cesspool it really is.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2019, 03:13:45 pm »
IMHO the President has changed, yes, he will always have his NY roots, but I believe he's also learned from them and probably has realized what a cesspool it really is.

I don't think he's changed a whit.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2019, 03:17:24 pm »
President Nixon was a New York resident when he was elected in 1968, but switched to California in January 1970, :pondering:

Los Angeles Times (1/9/1970)
« Last Edit: November 01, 2019, 03:20:14 pm by Once-Ler »

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2019, 03:21:35 pm »
Florida has no state tax nor tax on pensions, I'm surprised they stayed in NY for as long as they did.

Welcome to Florida President Trump and first Lady Melania.  Our governor that you supported is doing one heck of a job!  Glad you're here.

FLORIDA
Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) Job Approval:
Approve 72%
Disapprove 17%University of North Florida 10/14-20

https://www.unf.edu/uploadedFiles/aa/coas/porl/FLStatewideGovernorPollwCross.pdf

@libertybele @The Ghost

« Last Edit: November 01, 2019, 03:23:23 pm by EdJames »

Online roamer_1

« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2019, 03:22:58 pm »
I didn't know you had a point.  Is snark a point now?

Naw. They tell me down in Florida, the further south you go, the further north you go...

Online corbe

« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2019, 03:23:46 pm »
Why Trump's kids are probably celebrating his move to Florida

Quentin Fottrell

1 hr ago

President Trump announced a move Thursday night that’s popular with billionaires.

In a series of tweets, President Trump said he has moved his permanent residence to Palm Beach, Fla., and said he had been “treated very badly by the political leaders of both the city and state” of New York. “Few have been treated worse,” he said, through he added New York “will always have a special place in my heart!”

The New York Times first reported the move, citing documents filed in Florida by Trump and his wife, Melania, that said their primary residence was now Trump’s Mar-a-Lago resort. The Times reported the move was primarily for tax purposes. Florida does not have a state income tax or inheritance tax. The Times also said the move will not affect the effort by New York’s attorney general to try to obtain Trump’s federal tax records.

Florida is one of seven states with no state income tax, according to Gibbs Law Office, an estate-planning firm based in the state. “When combined with the warm climate, the friendly tax policy that allows for no income taxes and no Florida estate and inheritance taxes makes Florida an immensely popular retirement destination,” it says.

“Estate and inheritance taxes in Florida work essentially the same way,” the firm adds. “The state government doesn’t charge any ‘federal death tax,’ but qualifying Florida estates are still responsible for estate taxes owed to the federal government. And Florida residents who inherit property from out-of-state may still have to pay inheritance taxes to the other state.”

<..snip..>

http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/personalfinance/why-trumps-kids-are-probably-celebrating-his-move-to-florida/ar-AAJGwCh?ocid=ientp
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Wingnut

« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2019, 03:39:45 pm »
FLORIDA
Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) Job Approval:
Approve 72%
Disapprove 17%University of North Florida 10/14-20

https://www.unf.edu/uploadedFiles/aa/coas/porl/FLStatewideGovernorPollwCross.pdf

@libertybele @The Ghost

That's a fact Jack.😄

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2019, 07:20:56 pm »

Was New York values in 2016 and still is.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.