Author Topic: Despite Trump’s tantrums, Sessions would be great to have back in the Senate  (Read 415 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Despite Trump’s tantrums, Sessions would be great to have back in the Senate

by Quin Hillyer
 | October 31, 2019 04:50 PM

MOBILE, Alabama — While there are good reasons for Republican former Attorney General Jeff Sessions not to run for his former Senate seat in Alabama, it bears saying that if he does run, he deserves to win.

Moreover, the people of Alabama would be well served to have him back in office.

If Sessions runs, President Trump surely won't like it. He will likely verbally eviscerate his former cabinet pick throughout the primary. Nonetheless, if Sessions wins the Republican nomination anyway, he still would be favored against fluke incumbent Democrat Doug Jones in this heavily conservative state. Besides, during a general election campaign, Trump would be too busy with his own reelection battle to waste time attacking Sessions.

Either way, Trump is wrong about Sessions. Indeed, he’s twice wrong.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/despite-trumps-tantrums-sessions-would-be-great-to-have-back-in-the-senate
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
If I lived in Alabama he would have my full support.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
My main problem with Sessions is that he's a big proponent of Civil-Asset Forfeiture.

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor

But all the Pot Legalization proponents may want him back.

How anti-marijuana Jeff Sessions became the best thing to happen to pot legalization

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2018/05/06/marijuana-legalization-jeff-sessions-colorado-washington-controlled-substance-enforcement-column/573156002/

Jeff Sessions hates marijuana. He’s made that plain in multiple colorful quotes, from stating that “good people don’t smoke marijuana” to arguing that “we need grown-ups in charge in Washington to say marijuana is … in fact a very real danger.” But he may also turn out to be the best thing that’s happened to the marijuana reform movement in Washington.

Offline aligncare

All I know is that Sessions could have saved the nation a lot of turmoil, if he had had the guts to say NUTS! when he was asked to recuse himself at the beginning of the operational Russia, Russia, Russia coup.

So, he met with the Russian ambassador? He was a senator and they all meet with ambassadors, for crippes sake! And for that, he bent over and grabbed his ankles and abandoned the president?! What a weakling.

He was an okay legislator, lousy executive.

Offline LegalAmerican

All I know is that Sessions could have saved the nation a lot of turmoil, if he had had the guts to say NUTS! when he was asked to recuse himself at the beginning of the operational Russia, Russia, Russia coup.

So, he met with the Russian ambassador? He was a senator and they all meet with ambassadors, for crippes sake! And for that, he bent over and grabbed his ankles and abandoned the president?! What a weakling.

He was an okay legislator, lousy executive.

And Sessions, begged & begged President TRUMP to have this DOJ  position, which he then recused himself FROM.  So, I say a RINO and SWAMP CREATURE.  ZERO RESPECT.   

Offline LegalAmerican

by Quin Hillyer
 | October 31, 2019 04:50 PM

MOBILE, Alabama — While there are good reasons for Republican former Attorney General Jeff Sessions not to run for his former Senate seat in Alabama, it bears saying that if he does run, he deserves to win.

Moreover, the people of Alabama would be well served to have him back in office.

If Sessions runs, President Trump surely won't like it. He will likely verbally eviscerate his former cabinet pick throughout the primary. Nonetheless, if Sessions wins the Republican nomination anyway, he still would be favored against fluke incumbent Democrat Doug Jones in this heavily conservative state. Besides, during a general election campaign, Trump would be too busy with his own reelection battle to waste time attacking Sessions.

Either way, Trump is wrong about Sessions. Indeed, he’s twice wrong.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/despite-trumps-tantrums-sessions-would-be-great-to-have-back-in-the-senate

President has 'tantrums'...BUT not the lefts or democrats?  He is attacked daily, 24/7 , since May 1915!  All kind of lies, and slander about him, but he should just 'take" it?  Even this article is slander.  I don't support SESSIONS in anyway for being the coward and swamp creature that he IS!.  ONLY the swamp media would support Sessions.  There is your proof.

JUST FYI from 2016

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1