Author Topic: NATO calls on Russia to return Crimea to Ukraine  (Read 298 times)

rangerrebew

NATO calls on Russia to return Crimea to Ukraine
« on: November 01, 2019, 01:26:31 pm »

NATO calls on Russia to return Crimea to Ukraine
 Friday, November 1, 2019 8:04:37 AM

Representatives of the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) met with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky and the Ukrainian government in Kyiv on Thursday. The topics of the meeting included matters related to the NATO-Ukraine partnership, the situation in eastern Ukraine, and Russia’s significantly increased military presence in Crimea, which is “part of the larger model of Russia’s aggressive actions in the region”.

In a statement, the NATO-Ukraine commission emphasizes the illegality of Russia’s seizure of the peninsula. The alliance calls on the Russian government to return control of Crimea to Ukraine, and to give international monitoring organizations access to the peninsula.

http://uawire.org/nato-calls-on-russia-to-return-crimea-to-ukraine

rangerrebew

Re: NATO calls on Russia to return Crimea to Ukraine
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2019, 01:27:49 pm »
There's about as much chance of that as returning northern California to Russia. tri22

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2019, 10:39:17 pm »
ranger wrote:
"There's about as much chance of that as returning northern California to Russia..."

Drat.
I'm for gettin' rid of California any way we can, and I don't care WHO the place is "given to".
Sumpin' tells me that the Russians would do a better job running it, than the democrat-communists do now.

(a Fishrrman "not sure if it's serious, or not..!" post)

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2019, 10:57:04 pm »
Do they even know why Crimea went to the Ukraine in the first place?

Khrushchev only did it to win over the Ukrainians during the power struggle after Stalin's death.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2019, 11:20:20 pm »
Wow, based on the comments it looks like our foreign policy is now pro dictator Russia.  I don't know when that changed.  We used to support Ukraine.  And we would have never let Kurds run to Bashir Al Assad for assistance because we wouldn't help.  Orange is good, Communist Russia good, Extremist Erdogan friend...……. who would have thought?
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2019, 11:52:48 pm »
Wow, based on the comments it looks like our foreign policy is now pro dictator Russia.  I don't know when that changed.  We used to support Ukraine.  And we would have never let Kurds run to Bashir Al Assad for assistance because we wouldn't help.  Orange is good, Communist Russia good, Extremist Erdogan friend...……. who would have thought?
Not our circus not our clown.  You NeoCon you.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.