Author Topic: Democrat Raskin claims impeachment vote was bipartisan due to support from former Republican Amash  (Read 164 times)

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

After Independent Rep. Justin Amash voted in favor of an official impeachment inquiry into President Trump on Thursday, Rep. Jamie Raskin claimed the process could now be considered bipartisan, despite the fact that Amash left the Republican party in July.

"I'm sorry that there weren't at least a handful of Republicans who were willing to vote for what the GOP's basically been asking for, which is open hearings," he said on "Outnumbered."

"That's what this is," Raskin, D-Md., continued. "For open hearings and the availability of the public to participate in this process. I was happy also that the independent in the House, Justin Amash, voted with the Democrats. So it was bipartisan, or multi-partisan in that sense."

Raskin said the measure passed on Thursday is identical to the one passed during former President Bill Clinton's impeachment and assured Republicans they would be granted fair access and an equal voice in the upcoming process.
https://www.foxnews.com/media/democrats-trump-impeachment-vote-bipartisan
Anybody else think it stupid to say someone who is not a GOP member and has openly many times denounced Trump is non-partisan?
« Last Edit: November 01, 2019, 01:13:36 am by IsailedawayfromFR »
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Snarknado

• Anti
Anybody else think it stupid to say someone who is not a GOP member and has openly many times denounced Trump is non-partisan?

I'm surprised Amash didn't just change parties again before the vote - that would have made it "official"...
---
Everything I need to know I learned in GTA