Author Topic: Trump and Melania are BOOED by crowd chanting 'lock him up'  (Read 2190 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Trump and Melania are BOOED by crowd chanting 'lock him up'
« Reply #50 on: October 29, 2019, 11:27:13 pm »
My 13yo grandson has Autism....not something I would wish on any family..it is heartbreaking 8888crybaby
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

« Reply #51 on: October 29, 2019, 11:29:47 pm »
@sneakypet:  I have good friends with an Autistic son.  He does display some of the things you mentioned.  Anyone who would make fun a child whether they are Autistic or not is a monster.

Again, IMHO society is too quick to label children these days.  Sometimes parents can apply for govt. money for their child's ailments and therein lies a huge problem --- greedy, lazy parents/guardians.  I recently learned that if you have a child with asthma you can get $$ to assist with a better air conditioner which utilizes a special filter.  There are all kinds of 'freebies' out there these days -- it truly is amazing who some know how to play the system for maximum benefit.

Growing up we had kids that were disruptive, overly active or had trouble reading and with other tasks.  These days we apply labels; ADD, ADHD, autistic, delayed learner, etc., etc., -- yes parents/guardians can get $$ to help with these kids as long as they can get a doctor to clinically diagnose and label the child and a school that has a program to assist.  Dead wrong.  Probably the majority of these kids only need their parents/guardians to spend a little time with them and work with them.  Very sad.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #52 on: October 29, 2019, 11:41:21 pm »
My 13yo grandson has Autism....not something I would wish on any family..it is heartbreaking 8888crybaby

@mystery-ak

Take heart. Unless it is a severe case,it will get better the closer he gets to adulthood. Puberty is like a hammer from hell on kids who are Autistic. The chemical changes really affect the autism. Like life wasn't already confusing enough for a 12 year old going through Puberty,right?

My symptoms pretty much disappeared after age 16. Enlisted in the Army,went to jump school,and spent 5 years in SF,with no problems. Life was a living hell from about age 10 or 11 to age 15,though. I have no way of proving it,but looking back I suspect it was pretty bad for most kids that weren't autistic,too.

Have your daughter or son try to get him involved in classes for something he can obsess on other than himself and how awkward he is.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2019, 11:42:46 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #53 on: October 29, 2019, 11:52:29 pm »
@mystery-ak

Take heart. Unless it is a severe case,it will get better the closer he gets to adulthood. Puberty is like a hammer from hell on kids who are Autistic. The chemical changes really affect the autism. Like life wasn't already confusing enough for a 12 year old going through Puberty,right?

My symptoms pretty much disappeared after age 16. Enlisted in the Army,went to jump school,and spent 5 years in SF,with no problems. Life was a living hell from about age 10 or 11 to age 15,though. I have no way of proving it,but looking back I suspect it was pretty bad for most kids that weren't autistic,too.

Have your daughter or son try to get him involved in classes for something he can obsess on other than himself and how awkward he is.

He is a severe case...they are trying to teach him to read...his best subject is math go figure
He goes to a Life Skills school that has worked wonders with him. Teaching him how to live and take care of himself in the outside world...To look at him you would never know..he just spent the weekend with us and helped with the outside chores.,,and played gin with grandma..lol.. He has no friends his age and is drawn to younger kids that are at his level..but we try to discourage it as he too is almost 6' tall and doesn't know his own strength..he doesn't understand...I cry as I write this as it is like I said heartbreaking..
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #54 on: October 30, 2019, 12:22:19 am »

I don't know. All I know is the claim has been made often,and I have never seen or heard it denied.

@sneakypete

Melania Trump attorney threatens lawsuit over Barron autism video
Washington Times, Nov 29, 2016

“This law firm represents First Lady–elect Melania Trump and her 10-year-old son, Barron Trump. A video was posted at YouTube recently speculating that Barron might be autistic. He is not,” Mr. Harder, of Harder Mirell & Abrams LLP, wrote in a letter obtained by Us Weekly. “The video includes the hashtag ‘StopTheBullying’ but yet the video itself is bullying by making false statements and speculation about a 10-year-old boy for the purpose of harassing him and his parents.”

TMZ reported that Mrs. Trump is not threatening to sue Ms. O’Donnell, but she wants the creator of the YouTube video to remove it and issue an apology.

The video’s creator, James Hunter, updated its description on Monday to announce that he would delete it and apologize.

“I’ve been in contact with Melania Trump’s lawyer,” he wrote. “This video will be deleted in 24 hours and I will publish a full retraction and apology to Melania and Barron Trump.”

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/nov/29/melania-trump-attorney-threatens-lawsuit-over-barr/?utm_source=GOOGLE&utm_medium=cpc&utm_id=chacka&utm_campaign=TWT+-+DSA&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIx4bL_9jC5QIVGqSzCh0DcACPEAMYASAAEgL3O_D_BwE   

« Last Edit: October 30, 2019, 12:26:21 am by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #55 on: October 30, 2019, 04:11:16 am »
@sneakypete

@Right_in_Virginia

I don't get it. Why would an apology be necessary? Would you apologize if you claimed he were left-handed,or had one blue and one green eye?

Or had MS?

Autism is a medical condition people are born with. It doesn't come from committing some sort of crime,and it's nothing to be ashamed of. I freely admit to being autistic. Frankly,I was relieved to find out it was a medical condition with a name.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #56 on: October 30, 2019, 05:56:35 am »
@Right_in_Virginia

I don't get it. Why would an apology be necessary? Would you apologize if you claimed he were left-handed,or had one blue and one green eye?

Autism is a medical condition people are born with. It doesn't come from committing some sort of crime,and it's nothing to be ashamed of. I freely admit to being autistic. Frankly,I was relieved to find out it was a medical condition with a name.

I am happy for you that you are relieved and open about your medical condition @sneakypete  but this wasn't about you.

The video and chatter about Barron were designed to ridicule and demean a then 10 year child because his last name is Trump.

Anything categorized under the National Institute of Mental Health as a developmental disease is ripe for abuse.  Mental retardation is also a recognized medical condition, but that does not stop some from throwing the condition at someone as a profound insult.  Autism was used in this way when it was thrown at Barron. 

The motivation behind the untrue video was deleterious; and this calls for an apology.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #57 on: October 30, 2019, 12:41:54 pm »
I am happy for you that you are relieved and open about your medical condition @sneakypete  but this wasn't about you.

The video and chatter about Barron were designed to ridicule and demean a then 10 year child because his last name is Trump.

Anything categorized under the National Institute of Mental Health as a developmental disease is ripe for abuse.  Mental retardation is also a recognized medical condition, but that does not stop some from throwing the condition at someone as a profound insult.  Autism was used in this way when it was thrown at Barron. 

The motivation behind the untrue video was deleterious; and this calls for an apology.

@Right_in_Virginia

I see it as more like "insulting" someone for calling them a "geek" or a "brainiac".

The truth is the people who think people with autism are retarded are the ones who are "slow".

Autism is much more of a personality/emotional disorder than a mental disorder. Saying Autistic people are "lacking in the social graces" is a gross understatement. They don't mean to be rude anymore than anyone means to be colorblind,but they just don't "get it" and never will. Most learn to understand they need to "play the game" in order to get along with people,but they never really understand it as anything more than a theory they have to play along with in order to function in what passes for society. PLEASE note it is not that they have contempt for it or the people who are "social",they just don't understand it.

I have written on TBR before about a kid I went to school with who was 13 or 14 when I met him,and he was severely autistic. To the point where his little sister,also VERY bright,but much closer to normal than he was,had to hold his hand and walk him to school in the mornings because if she didn't,it was likely he would have just walked out in front of a car and be ran over. He was so busy doing advanced match problems in his head that he just couldn't be bothered to pay attention to minor irritants like cars. Freddie COULD speak and reason with people if he wanted,but he was just too busy having "fun" in his head with math to be bothered with mere people. He honestly didn't know how to tie his shoes. Not because he COULDN'T have learned how,but he was just too busy thinking of other things to be bothered to learn something that trivial. Chances are he would have left home naked and barefoot if it hadn't of been for his sister and his mother. He was ok with other people tying them for him,though. I witnessed this myself one day in the hallway,when a girl spotted a untied shoelace,and ordered him to stop so she could tie it for him. He stopped without saying a single word,and stood there speechless without moving until she finished,stood up,and told him he could go.

To give you some idea of his gifts,he created a remote control robot for the school science fair,and actually stood behind it and tried to explain it to the people who asked. The "body" was a plastic dish tub,and IIRC,it rolled on his sister's skates. He built all the electronics himself. He was 13 or 14 at the time,and this was around 1962. He would sleep in science class,and if someone had a question the teacher couldn't answer,he would have somebody wake up Freddy and ask him. He wasn't the slightest bit embarrassed to ask,either. Nor should he have been.

This was a small rural high school with only a few hundred children,and you would THINK these kids would have picked on him,but they didn't. If anything they adopted him,and everybody kept an eye on him to make sure he didn't wander off or hurt himself. When school ended every day,one or another of the kids that lived in town would take him by the hand and walk him to the library where his mother worked,and he would sit in there reading books and doing math problems until it was time to go home.

The funniest "Freddy Story" I remember was a VERY attractive 15 year old girl was going nuts because she couldn't get Freddy to notice her. She would do stuff like hide behind a hall buttress or wall locker,and jump out right in front of him with her arms spread so he would bump into her,and she could hug him and mash her boobs against him to try to get his attention. Even that didn't work. She told me one day "I'm going to jump that boy's bones if it's the last thing I ever do!" Pretty much all the boys,including me,would have done damn near anything to hump her,but she was only interested in Freddy because he was just too busy to think about her.

Freddy was really fortunate in so many ways,including being lucky enough to have been born to a mother who understood the problem,but I can't think of him without feeling sorry for him. Even though he was perfectly happy "living in his head" with the world of math,the rest of life that the rest of us experience will remain as big a mystery to him as his beloved theoretical math problems  are to us.

In his case Autism was both a blessing and a curse.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #58 on: October 30, 2019, 12:55:41 pm »
@Right_in_Virginia

The truth is the people who think people with autism are retarded are the ones who are "slow". 

I agree, wholeheartedly @sneakypete   Haters truly suck. 

Offline thackney

« Reply #59 on: October 30, 2019, 03:05:01 pm »
@sneakypete

Have you watched the movie "The Accountant"?

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2140479/

From your experiences, would you consider it a realistic portrayal?  Not of all of course but do the reactions, such as extreme frustration at not being allowed to finish, fit some?
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #60 on: October 30, 2019, 09:49:10 pm »
@sneakypete

Have you watched the movie "The Accountant"?

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2140479/

No,I haven't.

From your experiences, would you consider it a realistic portrayal?  Not of all of course but do the reactions, such as extreme frustration at not being allowed to finish, fit some?

@thackney

Yes,indeed.  We do tend to be more than a little anal. Which was really frustrating as a kid,but I learned to adjust a little as I got older. Still don't like to be told I have to stop when I am in the middle of doing something,though. I'm just not as obvious about it anymore.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #61 on: October 30, 2019, 10:22:25 pm »

He is a severe case...they are trying to teach him to read...

@mystery-ak

I am sorry to hear that. Being "locked up" in a "prison" of your own mind is a special kind of hell. The good news is that he is still young,and there is a chance he will get better. Especially today,when people are much more aware of Altruism,and there are even treatments for it that help them adjust and adapt. "Adapt" is the big word. Young people who are autistic don't adapt to changing conditions very well.

As for your grandson and his severe case,MY theory,and worth every nickel it cost you,is that there are strong indications that the most severe autistics are the brightest,and one of the problems that makes them this way is the thoughts "flow threw their consciousness" too quickly to be thoroughly absorbed,and that the frustration over catching only a part of the flow is what makes  them lose their grip. Remember,people with autism tend to be VERY anal and focus their complete attention on what it is they are doing and thinking about,and after thinking almost exclusively about something for hours,and then coming to a dead end by losing your train of thought,which is something that happens multiple times every day to severely autistic children. Sure,it happens to everyone occasionally,but not multiple times a day,every day of their lives.

and his best subject is math go figure

Not hard to figure at all. It's almost stereotypical. Math is about logic,conclusions,and facts,not speculation that can be wrong. It is absolute. It is either right,or it is wrong. Absolute heaven for a autistic child. No gray areas they can't understand.

The movie "Rain Man" was about an autistic child that was a math whiz in his head,but didn't know how to communicate with regular people.

I was doing college level math in my head when I was in the 5th grade (or so I was told 20 years later),and my teacher got in touch with my parents and told them she wanted to have me put in a special class in high school for advanced students. My parents,neither of whom went beyond the 5th grade didn't understand what was going on, told me as an adult they didn't agree with it because they were afraid the high school students would pick on me. Little did they know that nobody in elementary school tried to pick on me after I discovered an alternate use for baseball bats when I was in the 3rd grade. Once people understand you WILL smack them with one if they get pushy,they seem to lose all interest in getting pushy,and life can go back to being peaceful.

Still,I missed a golden opportunity. Who knows,there is a possibility I wouldn't have quit school and joined the army out of boredom if that had gone through?

He goes to a Life Skills school that has worked wonders with him. Teaching him how to live and take care of himself in the outside world...To look at him you would never know..he just spent the weekend with us and helped with the outside chores.,,and played gin with grandma..lol.. He has no friends his age and is drawn to younger kids that are at his level..but we try to discourage it as he too is almost 6' tall and doesn't know his own strength..he doesn't understand..

I gotta tell ya,that is a whole damn PILE of good news! You will most likely think back on this a few years from now and he is an adult,and remember what I wrote about the hormonal changes of puberty being like a nuke going off inside the body and mind of an autistic child. Those are very powerful hormones,but by the time he is an adult they will no longer be a factor. Yes,he will still be autistic,but he will understand what is going on at an intellectual level,and be able to cope with it.
I cry as I write this as it is like I said heartbreaking..

Take heart. It WILL get better in a few years. It did for me,and the people of my generation didn't have the help or programs of the children of today.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2019, 10:26:11 pm by sneakypete »

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #62 on: October 30, 2019, 10:27:41 pm »
They were in the swamp and the place is loaded with swamp creatures feeling threatened.

That was the problem?  I am guessing, all democrats?  That was so tacky and classless.  I don't know anything about sports.  President could not even enjoy a game? 

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #63 on: October 30, 2019, 10:37:51 pm »

That was the problem?  I am guessing, all democrats?

@LegalAmerican

Most,but not all. Some are known by other aliases,but they are all swine eating from the same government trough.

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #64 on: October 30, 2019, 11:19:00 pm »
Again, IMHO society is too quick to label children these days.  Sometimes parents can apply for govt. money for their child's ailments and therein lies a huge problem --- greedy, lazy parents/guardians.  I recently learned that if you have a child with asthma you can get $$ to assist with a better air conditioner which utilizes a special filter.  There are all kinds of 'freebies' out there these days -- it truly is amazing who some know how to play the system for maximum benefit.

Growing up we had kids that were disruptive, overly active or had trouble reading and with other tasks.  These days we apply labels; ADD, ADHD, autistic, delayed learner, etc., etc., -- yes parents/guardians can get $$ to help with these kids as long as they can get a doctor to clinically diagnose and label the child and a school that has a program to assist.  Dead wrong.  Probably the majority of these kids only need their parents/guardians to spend a little time with them and work with them.  Very sad.

......... :thumbsup:

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #65 on: October 30, 2019, 11:24:14 pm »

So, so sorry, for everyone. My only grandchild has asthma, and that is very disruptive, but nothing like what you go through.  It seems, I could love him more than my kids!  lol

Offline LottieDah

« Reply #66 on: October 31, 2019, 12:23:08 am »
My friend passed away in January of this year and her autistic 41 year old son is having a difficult time dealing with her loss.  He was always unable to express his emotions and has bottled up his sadness of losing his mother so much so that he began getting paralyzing migraine headaches, tremors, robotic speech patterns and assorted aches and pains.  His father took him to a neurologist for all types of testing and there was nothing physically wrong with him.  His brother is his only friend and recently married and moved out.  He is lonely since he always had problems making friend. 

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #67 on: October 31, 2019, 01:37:38 am »
My friend passed away in January of this year and her autistic 41 year old son is having a difficult time dealing with her loss.  He was always unable to express his emotions and has bottled up his sadness of losing his mother so much so that he began getting paralyzing migraine headaches, tremors, robotic speech patterns and assorted aches and pains.  His father took him to a neurologist for all types of testing and there was nothing physically wrong with him.  His brother is his only friend and recently married and moved out.  He is lonely since he always had problems making friend.

Since you knew his mother, are you able to be THERE for him?  So sad.

Offline LottieDah

« Reply #68 on: October 31, 2019, 10:06:08 am »
@Legal American:  My husband and I do what we can to help especially since he and his dad live close by.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #69 on: October 31, 2019, 10:18:33 pm »
He is a severe case...they are trying to teach him to read...his best subject is math go figure
He goes to a Life Skills school that has worked wonders with him. Teaching him how to live and take care of himself in the outside world...To look at him you would never know..he just spent the weekend with us and helped with the outside chores.,,and played gin with grandma..lol.. He has no friends his age and is drawn to younger kids that are at his level..but we try to discourage it as he too is almost 6' tall and doesn't know his own strength..he doesn't understand...I cry as I write this as it is like I said heartbreaking..

My nephew's son has severe autism and some improvement was seen with immunotherapy.  My daughter's friend is a mother of 6 and all have some degree of autism.  I don't know how she does it!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.