Author Topic: Trump asked donors if they're in favor of clemency for Blagojevich: report  (Read 157 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Trump asked donors if they're in favor of clemency for Blagojevich: report
By Zack Budryk - 10/31/19 10:55 AM EDT

President Trump asked donors in Chicago how many of them supported him granting clemency to former Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich (D), who was sentenced to 14 years in prison on corruption charges in 2012, according to The Wall Street Journal.

At the Monday fundraiser at the Trump International Hotel in Chicago, Trump asked hundreds of donors for a show of hands in favor of clemency, with a majority raising their hands, according to the newspaper, citing six people who were present.

“He made the statement, and I looked at him and went, ‘No,’” Rep. Mike Bost (R-Ill.) said Wednesday, according to the newspaper. “And then he asked the crowd, ‘Well, who thinks we should?’”

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/468296-trump-asked-donors-if-theyre-in-favor-of-clemency-for-blagojevich-report
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Re: Trump asked donors if they're in favor of clemency for Blagojevich: report
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2019, 02:18:45 am »
No, why is he so worried about clemency for that liberal?
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.