Author Topic: WS Game Six: From chaos to bedlam and Game Seven  (Read 1681 times)

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Re: WS Game Six: From chaos to bedlam and Game Seven
« Reply #25 on: October 30, 2019, 09:05:41 pm »
Was surprised and a bit disappointed from Juan regarding his bat-carrying upmanship routine.

"I thought it was cool!"   Here I thought he'd wish he could shove that bat up Bregman's ass rounding third.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
« Reply #26 on: October 30, 2019, 09:31:03 pm »
Lost a lot of respect for Martinez and the Nats.  His little 4 year old temper tantrum made him look like the only guy in baseball history who had a bad post season call.  We didn't make that much of last year's Joe West gem.....

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

@catfish1957

Agree. I took my dog outside between innings and was shocked to return in time to see the replay of the hissy fit thrown by Martinez. O!M!G! It seemed so over the top, especially in light of the ensuing at-bat that padded their lead.

In my most vivid imagination, I could never see AJ behaving in such a fashion. Even the hissy fit I had in my living room when Joe West cheated Altuve out of a home run didn't hold a candle to his, and mine was quite animated. Some of that exasperation was left over from the very crucial bad call that robbed him of a run in Fenway a few weeks prior. (See Reddick's tweet.) To this day, the 2018 record book in my head has Astros at 104 games and Red Sox at 107. 

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #27 on: October 30, 2019, 10:22:59 pm »
Having played, enjoyed and watched the game of baseball, I have NEVER seen somebody carry their bat to 1st base...and having it end up on the playing field where the 1st basement stands.

Don't give me "...caught up in the moment" bullshit".

Jose Altuve was cringing in the dugout wondering WTF?   

Later during the inning, they showed Bregman with a towel over his head, being held by Altuve...and when you saw Bregman's face, you knew he had been crying tears.

OK....  I'm 73..Old school, but I realize the game has changed.   

600 more HRs this season than the previous.   It's freaking pinball out there.   BORING.   

Now, I want to see more creative expressions between the plate and 1st base after the ball goes over the fence.

IMO, Juan Soto is baseball's Mark Gastineau....who, with tribal dance over a sacked QB, changed the NFL forever.

He shocked the MLB Network panel, when he thought it was cool....Bregman's routine...and he wanted to do it too!

Davey Martinez said no way Jose....er Juan.   
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #28 on: October 30, 2019, 10:27:49 pm »
And one more thing....to all you ASTRO fans here.

Don't give me any shit about how "petty" Martinez was.

Second and Third....NOBODY OUT in the 7th inning of an elimination game of the WORLD BLEEPING SERIES?????

vs.

Man on 1st....with one out.

Turner had no place to go....he ran a direct straight line.   The glove came off a fraction of a second....a FRACTION....before his foot hit the middle of the bag.

It was a piss-poor throw.

And it's a good God Damned thing it didn't figure in the scoring.

Thank you.....     :2popcorn:

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #29 on: October 30, 2019, 10:42:21 pm »

Second and Third....NOBODY OUT in the 7th inning of an elimination game of the WORLD BLEEPING SERIES?????

vs.

Turner had no place to go....he ran a direct straight line.   The glove came off a fraction of a second....a FRACTION....before his foot hit the middle of the bag.

The umps got the call right despite the Martinez, and now your, histrionics @DCPatriot.  The rule has been there forever and all the pros know it. 
« Last Edit: October 30, 2019, 10:45:02 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
« Reply #30 on: October 30, 2019, 10:44:01 pm »

vs.

@DCPatriot

Do me a favor. Place me on your ignore list and I'll do the same for you. I'm not at all fond of profanity-laced replies -- especially ones that use the Lord's Name in vain.

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #31 on: October 30, 2019, 11:55:12 pm »
Just for the record, Astros manager A.J. Hinch says Turner didn't interfere with a blessed thing . . .

Houston Astros' AJ Hinch sides with Washington Nationals' Trea Turner on controversial Game 6 call

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #32 on: October 31, 2019, 12:04:09 am »
Just for the record, Astros manager A.J. Hinch says Turner didn't interfere with a blessed thing . . .

Houston Astros' AJ Hinch sides with Washington Nationals' Trea Turner on controversial Game 6 call

Never-the-less it was still the correct call.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #33 on: October 31, 2019, 04:27:56 am »
Never-the-less it was still the correct call.

22222frying pan

Earl         David