Author Topic: Vindman testified he believed Trump demanded quid pro quo from Ukrainian aid: report  (Read 272 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Vindman testified he believed Trump demanded quid pro quo from Ukrainian aid: report
By Zack Budryk - 10/30/19 04:45 PM EDT

Lt. Col. Alexander Vindman testified Tuesday that he believed President Trump blocked military aid to Ukraine in an attempt to force Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky to publicly announce an investigation into former Vice President Joe Biden’s family, according to CNN.

Vindman said he believed there was a quid pro quo in place by July 10 after a meeting between American and Ukrainian officials. During the meeting, Vindman said Ambassador to the European Union Gordon Sondland told the officials that they needed to ensure “specific investigations in order to secure the meeting” with Trump.

The alleged quid pro quo came just two weeks before the July 25 call between the President and Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky.

In a subsequent meeting of U.S. officials, Vindman testified, "Sondland emphasized the importance that Ukraine deliver the investigations into the 2016 election, the Bidens, and Burisma,” the natural gas company Biden’s son Hunter served on the board of.

Vindman said he was not convinced the president was personally holding up the $400 million in U.S. military aid until the next month, when then-national security adviser John Bolton asked him to prepare a decision memo recommending to Trump that he release the funds.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/468199-vindman-testified-he-believed-trump-demanded-quid-pro-quo-from-ukrainian-aid
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline OfTheCross

I feel like this has already been said by other testimonies, Tex messages, and the press secretary
If a well-regulated militia be the most natural defense of a free country, it ought certainly to be under the regulation and at the disposal of that body which is constituted the guardian of the national security.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I smell a smoking gun.  Shirley We got 'im now!®
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
The nature of the "quid pro quo" is crucial.  If what was at stake was holding hostage the provision of military aid appropriated by Congress,  that is entirely different than delaying
a personal meeting between Zelensky and the President.   The evidence suggests to me that Trump held up a personal meeting, not the military aid.  Vindman's statement suggests that as well, and as for his paraphrased testimony before the kangaroo court,  I don't trust a word of it.   

The personal meeting was sought by Zelensky for his own political benefit,  and holding up the granting of such a meeting is within the prerogative of the President and has no national security implications.   I see nothing wrong with exchanging one political chit for another.     
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
What Sasha Vindman believes is irrelevant.   
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
It's his personal opinion of Trump's foreign policy....Trump committed no crime.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
It's his personal opinion of Trump's foreign policy....Trump committed no crime.

Since when are active-duty military personnel free to publically express their opinions of what the CIC does or doesn't do?
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
Vindman said he believed there was a quid pro quo in place by July 10 after a meeting between American and Ukrainian officials.

Language alert, folks.

I've warned in the past about accepting or adopting the "language" (inc. memes, themes, engineered narratives, etc.) of the enemy.

All Americans should expect that the President and those working on his behalf, demand a quid pro quo (i.e., "something for something") for every penny and iota of effort that the United States offers to any foreign nation.  Why shouldn't we?  Are we a global charity?

If you don't believe me, or your own common sense, check out Andy McCarthy's Saturday article.

The holding up of a "quid pro quo" as prima facie evidence of any wrongdoing, let alone a crime, is absolutely inane!

Don't be that guy/gal!!

:nono:

« Last Edit: October 31, 2019, 12:23:26 am by EdJames »

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran

vindmann testified, "who does this Trump think he is? State Dept. and CIA know what is best." 
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln