Author Topic: President Trump Is Challenging California’s Sanctuary Law In The Supreme Court  (Read 439 times)

rangerrebew

President Trump Is Challenging California’s Sanctuary Law In The Supreme Court

Oct. 28, 2019
    Kevin Daley

*The Trump administration is asking the Supreme Court to toss a California law barring state authorities from cooperating with federal immigration officials.

*The California Values Act, or SB 54, bans law enforcement from transferring criminal aliens to immigration authorities or sharing personal information about migrants.

*The parties in the case are playing somewhat against type: Trump is relying on a liberal Supreme Court precedent to argue for expansive federal power, while California is using federalism principles to defend its law.

The Trump administration has asked the Supreme Court to quash California’s migrant sanctuary law, which broadly prohibits state and local law enforcement from cooperating with federal immigration authorities.

https://www.dailysignal.com/2019/10/29/trump-challenges-californias-sanctuary-law-at-supreme-court/

« Last Edit: October 30, 2019, 05:10:21 pm by The Ghost »

Offline thackney

Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
President Trump Is Challenging California’s Sanctuary Law In The Supreme Court

Excellent! I wish him every success!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline PeteS in CA

Corrected the link.

@The Ghost has anyone besides me in public posts explained to @rangerrebew what he does that creates this problem?
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline thackney

@The Ghost has anyone besides me in public posts explained to @rangerrebew what he does that creates this problem?

For years
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
GREAT news.
I think the court will go Mr. Trump's way, 5-4.

"Federalism" does not come into play here.
What DOES matter is the supremacy of federal law over state laws that would serve to negate or nullify federal law.