Author Topic: How French Healthcare Compares to the US System  (Read 788 times)

Offline OfTheCross

If a well-regulated militia be the most natural defense of a free country, it ought certainly to be under the regulation and at the disposal of that body which is constituted the guardian of the national security.

Online DB

Re: How French Healthcare Compares to the US System
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2019, 03:41:46 pm »
Which country would you rather get cancer in?:

https://www.cdc.gov/cancer/dcpc/research/articles/concord-2.htm

Offline libertybele

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2019, 01:58:07 am »
Which country would you rather get cancer in?:

https://www.cdc.gov/cancer/dcpc/research/articles/concord-2.htm

Actually, I wouldn't want to have cancer at all.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online DB

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2019, 04:28:53 am »
Actually, I wouldn't want to have cancer at all.

Nobody does. I had no symptoms from kidney cancer. Had I not gotten a CT scan for suspected diverticulitis I'd likely be dead now. I had robotic surgery at USC to remove part of my kidney about 3 years ago. So far I'm still here.

:amen: 888high58888
« Last Edit: October 29, 2019, 03:18:52 pm by libertybele »

Offline Applewood

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2019, 11:30:35 am »
All sounds well and good, as does a number of articles I've read about other health systems.  But I'm reasonably sure there are a number of downsides this video doesn't talk about.   Cost, for one.  I noticed one of the headlines featured toward the beginning says something like "Macron infuses cash" into the healthcare system.  Whose cash?  Certainly not his own.  Obviously, it comes out of the taxes the average shlub pays.  So every time Macron infuses more cash into the system, how much more in taxes does the average citizen have to pay?  Not mentioned in this video. 

And how is health care defined?  Will I still be paying for abortions, sex change operations and plastic surgery?  Am I going to be paying for those things for someone else while my replacement defibrillator (which  I will need in a few more years) will be put on hold or denied? 

Another thing:  Even if the US was to model its system after this supposedly great French health care system, you know our system will turn to [expletive].  Government has a way of screwing up smart plans and great ideas.  Government programs never work out the way they are supposedly intended.  And you know government will want to make our health care decisions for us.  Both parties really want this Medicare for All so they can have power over us - power over life and death. 

Offline libertybele

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2019, 12:51:50 pm »
All sounds well and good, as does a number of articles I've read about other health systems.  But I'm reasonably sure there are a number of downsides this video doesn't talk about.   Cost, for one.  I noticed one of the headlines featured toward the beginning says something like "Macron infuses cash" into the healthcare system.  Whose cash?  Certainly not his own.  Obviously, it comes out of the taxes the average shlub pays.  So every time Macron infuses more cash into the system, how much more in taxes does the average citizen have to pay?  Not mentioned in this video. 

And how is health care defined?  Will I still be paying for abortions, sex change operations and plastic surgery?  Am I going to be paying for those things for someone else while my replacement defibrillator (which  I will need in a few more years) will be put on hold or denied? 

Another thing:  Even if the US was to model its system after this supposedly great French health care system, you know our system will turn to [expletive].  Government has a way of screwing up smart plans and great ideas.  Government programs never work out the way they are supposedly intended.  And you know government will want to make our health care decisions for us.  Both parties really want this Medicare for All so they can have power over us - power over life and death.

Both Ted Cruz and Rand Paul came out with healthcare plan solutions that seemed to be affordable and viable.  Those plans were apparently scrapped. 

We all know O'care was/is a costly disaster.  Medicare is of course mandated and I know several doctors in my area who will no longer accept Medicare patients.  Many won't accept Medicaid.

We have friends from Canada and the healthcare there I am told is a disaster. 

I agree with you; the people of France are paying for their national healthcare plan in one way or another.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online DB

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2019, 02:26:51 pm »
@libertybele How did my previous post get edited by you? Are you the moderator?

Offline Applewood

« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2019, 03:24:54 pm »
Both Ted Cruz and Rand Paul came out with healthcare plan solutions that seemed to be affordable and viable.  Those plans were apparently scrapped. 

We all know O'care was/is a costly disaster.  Medicare is of course mandated and I know several doctors in my area who will no longer accept Medicare patients.  Many won't accept Medicaid.

We have friends from Canada and the healthcare there I am told is a disaster. 

I agree with you; the people of France are paying for their national healthcare plan in one way or another.

Some years ago I met a fella from Winnipeg who raved about Canada's health system.  At the time he had two small boys, so as with most children, they were always in and out of doctors offices and emergency rooms for one issue or another.  This man said if it wasn't for the Canadian system, he would go broke with medical bills. 

All well and good for him and his family.  They apparently didn't have any serious medical issues.  But I wonder if, God forbid, one of this man's sons had a serious illness and needed more enhanced and costly care, he would be as enthusiastic about Canada's health care system.  I'm inclined to think not.

As for the French, I expect they, like taxpayers in most other countries with government-run/financed health care, are paying not only for their own care, but for a slew of deadbeats who can't or won't pay for their own.  As I said earlier, these taxpayers may be footing the bill for sex change operations, but when they themselves need surgery for a legitimate health problem like cancer or heart disease, they might have trouble getting it.