Author Topic: They Asked if People Would Rather Kill a Human or a Sentient Robot Part 2  (Read 13335 times)

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Re: They Asked if People Would Rather Kill a Human or a Sentient Robot Part 2
« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2019, 02:28:28 am »
And...

Epstein didn't kill himself.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2019, 11:53:05 am »
@Gefn

5G isn't staring back at a 45 caliber barrel. It is a 45 blowing your head off.

I m definitely serious about this. The frequency range and the permeation.

"Climate change" will be the most "real" change. And I am Talking about the whether. Not the the weather.

Two different threads. One recent that there is a place that wifi is prohibited. I think that was posted by @Applewood. The irradtion from human polluted Electomagntetic radiation made those intruments useless.

There was another thread posted that the Chinese shield pregnant women from wifi. The Chinese? Protecting women from high (frequency) short microwave exposure? 5g is a weapon.

I posted the relevant info on robot 1.

Interestinly enough.

Most of the "new" AI  info isn't the same when I started robot 1.

This tells me four things>

1. They don't understand it

2. They can't contriol it.

3 They don't care.

4. You will buy it.

@bigheadfred I’ve read enough on 5G to know my next phone will be 4G. I don’t want to upgrade that high. Thanks buddy.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #27 on: December 01, 2019, 05:25:21 pm »
I saw this in the paper this morning, and thought of this thread (click to embiggen):

@bigheadfred
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #28 on: December 01, 2019, 05:30:50 pm »
Janet from the”Good Place” got smarter each time she “died” or got rebooted.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #29 on: December 07, 2019, 12:07:49 am »
Hat tip to @DeerSlayer

A>B>C>D is not science, it is unintelligent

http://theevolutionfraud.wordpress.com/

Swear to GOD/ I am going to update this thread more regularly.

This link is a good start.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #31 on: December 07, 2019, 04:19:46 pm »
Facebook's Head of AI Says the Field Will Soon ‘Hit the Wall’

The Wall

/snip

JP: Deep learning and current AI, if you are really honest, has a lot of limitations. We are very very far from human intelligence, and there are some criticisms that are valid: It can propagate human biases, it’s not easy to explain, it doesn't have common sense, it’s more on the level of pattern matching than robust semantic understanding.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2019, 04:23:51 pm by bigheadfred »

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #32 on: December 07, 2019, 04:28:17 pm »

The Wall

/snip

JP: Deep learning and current AI, if you are really honest, has a lot of limitations. We are very very far from human intelligence, and there are some criticisms that are valid: It can propagate human biases, it’s not easy to explain, it doesn't have common sense, it’s more on the level of pattern matching than robust semantic understanding.

Doesn't bode well for the "Sentience" part of the discussion.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #33 on: December 07, 2019, 04:30:06 pm »

The Wall

/snip

JP: Deep learning and current AI, if you are really honest, has a lot of limitations. We are very very far from human intelligence,

and there are some criticisms that are valid: It can propagate human biases, it’s not easy to explain, it doesn't have common sense, it’s more on the level of pattern matching than robust semantic understanding.

My key point here is the fact that it may be impossible to somehow imbue "common sense" into an
AI. Mostly because "common sense" is a vanishing point.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #34 on: December 07, 2019, 04:53:11 pm »
My key point here is the fact that it may be impossible to somehow imbue "common sense" into an
AI. Mostly because "common sense" is a vanishing point.

Heck, there are a lot of flesh and blood humans running around without common sense.  "Common sense" isn't common.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #35 on: December 07, 2019, 07:04:11 pm »

Robots Are Very Bad News for Millennial Workers

The rise of populist politicians across the rich world has led to a profound rethinking of the way developed economies work. In particular, the impact of automation on the labor market, and the disappearance of routine manufacturing jobs, has been blamed for the electoral successes of leaders such as U.S. President Donald Trump and Italy’s Matteo Salvini.

Yet there are profound differences in what determines the economic winners and losers on the two sides of the Atlantic. In the U.S., the main factor deciding whether a worker can prosper in the age of robots appears to be education. Conversely, in the European Union, it seems to be whether staff have strong protection in their employment contracts — as many older industrial workers do here.

https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/articles/2019-12-07/why-the-automation-of-jobs-is-much-worse-for-millennial-workers?srnd=premium

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #36 on: October 06, 2020, 02:46:08 am »
Time. To fire it up.  I do the doo with the doodoo.

@Quix @dancer  @AllThatJazzZ

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #37 on: October 06, 2020, 02:55:01 am »
The point here is that every person I know is tense, fearful, combative, virulent.

And they really can't tell you why.

I can.

Robot I. They are programming people nonstop. That incessant force to disabound your humanity grinds  deep in the oyster.  Me. The oyster. I'll take your shit and make that true grit and form a pearl around it.

That is the mindset I have. 

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #38 on: October 06, 2020, 02:57:07 am »
Pay attention. This video is from 1992.

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #40 on: October 06, 2020, 03:09:32 am »
Fixing the brain isn’t just an engineering problem
By Nicole Wetsman Sep 29, 2020, 10:00am EDT

Neuralink

Elon Musk’s Neuralink: what’s science and what’s not

Elon Musk wants everyone to get brain surgery. Specifically, he wants everyone to get a brain implant — the brain-machine interface created by his company, Neuralink. He says it will be able to solve any number of medical conditions — including paralysis, anxiety, and addiction.

Machines that connect to the human brain and translate the electrical signals to a computer have been around since 2006. Since then, neuroscientists and engineers have made incremental improvements to that technology. Musk’s Neuralink slots into that work: the company developed a system of thin wires that snake into the brain, which may cause less damage than the usual rigid spikes. But Musk’s ambitions also go far beyond altering the architecture of machine-brain devices. Apart from treating brain-based medical conditions, he also said during a recent press event that, eventually, Neuralink’s device could enable things like telepathy or interactions between the brain and artificial intelligence.

More at link
« Last Edit: October 06, 2020, 03:10:21 am by bigheadfred »

Offline Quix

• Times R a changin' Walk with God!
« Reply #41 on: October 06, 2020, 03:20:31 am »

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

THANKS THANKS SOBERING.
Forgive all; In all things Thank God; Love all. Love 1st, most & always... BE CALM & DO THE NEXT LOVING THING.
POTTERY SITE ON ETSY: https://www.etsy.com/shop/ACTIVELOVE
QUIX thread for Quix GLOBALISM, UFO ETC topics here:http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php?topic=206517.new#new WILLIAM TOMPKINS Disclosure bk thread: http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,224639.0.html . Calling: To afflict the comfortable & comfort the afflicted[/

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #42 on: October 06, 2020, 03:28:47 am »

See, Fred?  We kept it exactly how you left it!
I will NOT comply.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #43 on: October 06, 2020, 07:49:27 am »
Pay attention. This video is from 1992.

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1
Sorry, catching up here.

The biggest reason the Soviet planning didn't work?

In two words, Human Nature.

Even as individuals we display random seeming (to an outside observer, ad sometimes to ourselves) behaviour, desires, urges to do, learn, create, various things which are outside our ordinary day to day pattern of behaviour.

It might be something as simple as seeing what's behind that rock over there, taking a different route just for the heck of it, or diving into a new subject that strikes our fancy. While sweeping generalizations can be made in retrospect, simply put, humans are not completely predictable and the Devil is in the details. Who would have known some guy importing beach pebbles from Mexico by the dump truck load and sticking them in little cages with an inexpensive but cute pamphlet would become a millionaire selling "Pet Rocks"? Or there would be fights in supermarkets over "Tickle Me Elmo"?

While much of that is marketing, something which appeals often not to the rational nature of people, but which is designed to make people want things they often do not need, our wants ultimately drive us to do extraordinary things, above and beyond the relatively mundane basics.  Not only that, but those 'basics' are different, depending on where and how you live, that commonly the ultimate reflection of your personal wants and needs.

Three of the six vehicles in the 'fleet' are 4wd capable, one an all wheel drive, the others 2WD, but all have tires far more aggressive than those which might be seen as practical in a more temperate and urban climate, all of necessity. (Not every day necessity, but for those times when you absolutely have to get somewhere and nothing less will do.)  Where I grew up, those would be seen as 'overkill', but here, they are rather tame examples compared to the common pickups with lift kits, oversized tires and wheels, and other modifications: mine are pretty much factory stock.

No central planning department in a nation as broad and varied as this one will succeed, because it is not in human nature to have identical wants or needs, outside of that for fundamental survival: food, clothing, water, shelter, breathable air, at a temperature we can survive or with the means to alter that to a level which supports human life (up or down).

The successful use of an AI to interface with humans would have to be capable of dealing not just with the rational things humans do, but the irrational, the impulsive, the tweaks that occur in a daily routine from curiosity, spotting or noticing something new, and the rational improbabilities of being delayed by stopping to help someone, having an urge to see an old friend, or any of the myriad other things that slow a human down, right down to slowing down or stopping to admire a particularly beautiful sight. Human motivation may sometimes be predictable, but not always, and there is the bugaboo.

The other issue, and one that will ever remain with any attempt to quantify human behaviour is that not all answers will be honest or complete, adding yet another level of complexity to the equations.

With data which are based on generalizations or questionable honesty, garbage in, garbage out. Every AI would have to develop its own personality. Which means that with even the most careful handling, some of them just won't be wired right...the fodder for horror movies, or plot twists from the HAL 9000 on.

As to the original question, at the start of this all, well, it would depend on the human or the machine. I'd be biased in favor of keeping the human, generally, because of a species bias, not to mention the Commandment against murder, but that begs the question of whether a truly sentient machine would have a soul.

And that circles back to our learned responses to the idea of pain or mortality, are we thinking any more than a machine programmed to react the same way? Or do our proclaimed instincts go even deeper?

Good stuff Fred, thanks.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #44 on: October 06, 2020, 08:27:48 am »

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1
Yep. I have been aware of the AGENDA 21 bit since Clinton was in office.

People look at you strange and don't even bother to go to the UN site and read all the buzzwords, like "sustainable", the new meaningless term for describing most anything, like 'organic sustainably grown cage free eggs from vegan free range chickens' or some other word salad nonsense designed to impress the gullible into paying more for essentially the same product. It's a friggin' cackleberry. If it isn't straight from the farm still warm from the hen's ass it's likely weeks old, anyway.

Anyway, that's why towns in North Dakota have traffic circles instead of 4-way stops and traffic lights at road junctions, even though the traffic circles guarantee snowdrifts in the road, and are difficult to plow. (I can't begin to count the number of wrecks that have occurred at those things, especially where large semi trucks have to go through them).
One of the main highways through here was designated a NAFTA Highway under Bush, and that fits in with his Daddy's New World Order... It's all related and part of the same plan.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #45 on: October 07, 2020, 12:18:31 am »
Thanks for the invite to your person. @dancer

I am a grandfaughter to four. Cabinetmaker.

I t all of my shit on front street. Dox me? I dox myself.

I am a convicted killer.

I read many things. I watch many videos. I have been watching the shitshow all my ife. All my life.

I do my  own research. Whether I share it or not in publc is different.

I intentionally live in BF Idaho in a trailer house. You want that? You want what I "don't" have? Come take it. I'll help you load it.

But if you try to take what I do have. You will die

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #47 on: October 08, 2020, 01:30:23 am »

Laugh now.

Cry later.

David Paulides.

If you were a father that cared you would do some research.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #48 on: October 08, 2020, 01:46:40 am »

I watched a TED talk on the problem with AGI. They set up a little video game to have the player figure out a simple obstacle course.

A stick figure player traversing a simple obstacle course.  Jump crawl whatever from different sized and spaced blocks.

A human playing tries to figure out each block scenario. The AGI comes to the first obstacle. Creates for itself one giant leg and steps over the entire course. In one shot.

This is the problem with AGI. No real world applicabiity.

What do YOU think an ASI will do?

@Smokin Joe
« Last Edit: October 08, 2020, 01:50:16 am by bigheadfred »

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #49 on: October 08, 2020, 03:59:22 am »
David Paulides.

Ran into him a while back... He lives up this way nowadays. I don't buy his whole thing, but I buy some of it. Folks do weird things when thy get lost in the woods. Crazy stuff. so it seldom makes sense, at least to me. But sometimes the conditins go past crazy, and those times he talks about, I listen.