Author Topic: They Asked if People Would Rather Kill a Human or a Sentient Robot Part 2  (Read 13320 times)

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Who needs heaven when you can evolve into a laser beam..?

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
If you were able to become a digitized immortal would you be willing, able, or unable to kill yourself or any other sentient "being"?

She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
GOOGLE AI

http://ai.googleblog.com/2019/10/quantum-supremacy-using-programmable.html

Quantum Supremacy Using a Programmable Superconducting Processor

Wednesday, October 23, 2019

(unformatted)

Posted by John Martinis, Chief Scientist Quantum Hardware and Sergio Boixo, Chief Scientist Quantum Computing Theory, Google AI Quantum Physicists have been talking about the power of quantum computing for over 30 years, but the questions have always been: will it ever do something useful and is it worth investing in? For such large-scale endeavors it is good engineering practice to formulate decisive short-term goals that demonstrate whether the designs are going in the right direction. So, we devised an experiment as an important milestone to help answer these questions. This experiment, referred to as a quantum supremacy experiment, provided direction for our team to overcome the many technical challenges inherent in quantum systems engineering to make a computer that is both programmable and powerful. To test the total system performance we selected a sensitive computational benchmark that fails if just a single component of the computer is not good enough. Today we published the results of this quantum supremacy experiment in the Nature article, “Quantum Supremacy Using a Programmable Superconducting Processor”. We developed a new 54-qubit processor, named “Sycamore”, that is comprised of fast, high-fidelity quantum logic gates, in order to perform the benchmark testing. Our machine performed the target computation in 200 seconds, and from measurements in our experiment we determined that it would take the world’s fastest supercomputer 10,000 years to produce a similar output.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Reinvent the wheel. Wheel there is still "time".

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Skip the New Terminator, and Watch This Unnerving Robo-Apocalypse Instead

This is how the robots will take over.
imageBy Courtney Linder   
Oct 28, 2019

A Los Angeles-based production studio has filmed a terrifying video that features killer robots acting in place of soldiers.
    The YouTube clip has already amassed over two million views in just two days.
    Don't freak out: this video is a parody. We repeat, parody. No need to stock up on canned goods and hide in your basement (yet).

There are some legitimate arguments that robotic technology and the military are, uh, absolutely horrifying. Some students and faculty at Carnegie Mellon University feel uneasy about the new Army AI research base on campus and Google employees protested working on an AI project for the U.S. Pentagon.

Then again, who doesn't love a good killer robot flick?

Terminator: Dark Fate is out in theaters this weekend, but this video might be even scarier due to some unnerving realism. Corridor Digital, an L.A. production studio that specializes in visual effects, has filmed a wet-your-pants level parody video that depicts a future full of robotic soldiers, eliminating the need for human intervention.

Are We There, Yet?

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
FWIW, I heard this new terminator movie realy sucks.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Face recognition and the ethics of AI

September 09, 2019 in Artificial Intelligence

https://www.ben-evans.com/benedictevans/2019/9/6/face-recognition

We worry about face recognition just as we worried about databases - we worry what happens if they contain bad data and we worry what bad people might do with them

It’s easy to point at China, but there are large grey areas where we don't yet have a clear consensus of what ‘bad’ would actually mean, and how far we worry because this is different rather than just because it’s just new and unfamiliar

Like much of machine learning, face recognition is quickly becoming a commodity tech that many people can and will use to build all sorts of things. ‘AI Ethics’ boards can go a certain way but can’t be a complete solution, and regulation (which will take many forms) will go further.  But Chinese companies have their own ethics boards and are already exporting their products.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Want $125k? Just Donate Your Face to Some Humanoid Robots

https://www.popularmechanics.com/technology/robots/a29514131/humanoid-robot-face/

Additive manufacturing company Geomiq is asking for volunteers to send in photos of their face to be considered for a new line of humanoid robots.
    If selected, the person signing over the rights to their likeness will receive over $125,000 in compensation.
    The client is mysterious, but Geomiq says the company is working on robots for elderly care, and those prototypes will be produced next year.

Need a pile of cash, fast? Have a face? Then step right up to waive the copyrights to it. In exchange, you'll receive about $125,000. And best of all, one day you'll see your mug on an army of humanoid robots.

Geomiq, an additive manufacturing and machining startup based in London, is looking for a person to fork over their face for a new line of human-looking robots. Full stop.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Wave after wave of military expenditures for dinosaur tech.

Article after article.

Why not? Anyone career military is brainwashed into dinosaur thinking. Anyone who thinks "boots on the ground" is the answer...

uh huh

War amongst human beings is as psychotic as you can get.

War Pigs

There are two different wars.

Figure it out.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Now.

Here is a question for you.

You get the tech. You are trans humanised. You are bionic.

Better, stonger, faster.

And then THEY send you an "update".

Don't ask me, ask the admins. @Cyber Liberty  @mystery-ak @Sanguine.

Updates are dangerous wild animals.

The question I asked above.

If your update fails or causes some kind of crash...will you still be "sentient"?

Think about it.

Or shoot first and don't even question it.

Because I am asking the question now.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Re: They Asked if People Would Rather Kill a Human or a Sentient Robot Part 2
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2019, 11:30:21 pm »
Explainer: Is the US losing the artificial intelligence arms race?

By: James Johnson, Middlebury Institute of International Studies

The Dogs Of War

The U.S. government, long a proponent of advancing technology for military purposes, sees artificial intelligence as key to the next generation of fighting tools.

Several recent investments and Pentagon initiatives show that military leaders are concerned about keeping up with – and ahead of – China and Russia, two countries that have made big gains in developing artificial-intelligence systems. AI-powered weapons include target recognition systems, weapons guided by AI, and cyberattack and cyberdefense software that runs without human intervention.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2019, 11:30:57 pm »
Now.

Here is a question for you.

You get the tech. You are trans humanised. You are bionic.

Better, stonger, faster.

And then THEY send you an "update".

Don't ask me, ask the admins. @Cyber Liberty  @mystery-ak @Sanguine.

Updates are dangerous wild animals.

That would be a huge concern, @bigheadfred.  I don't think I would cotton to the notion that my OS could be updated without my knowledge or permission, like Microsoft does with Windows, and for that very reason.  I don't want to be "killed" and have some coder in Redmond saying "Ooops!  Oh, well."

Or have my personality altered.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2019, 11:32:01 pm by Cyber Liberty »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2019, 11:46:08 pm »
That would be a huge concern, @bigheadfred.  I don't think I would cotton to the notion that my OS could be updated without my knowledge or permission, like Microsoft does with Windows, and for that very reason.  I don't want to be "killed" and have some coder in Redmond saying "Ooops!  Oh, well."

Or have my personality altered.

After all the articles that social media is harmful, what could possibly go wrong here?

I am planning on posting some information on the use of psychedelics for their therapeutic value, and not as an argument for their legalization, vs. manmade psycho...add various adjectives. virtual reality, etc.

As a hint, the U.S. Go and well-educated individuals were doing a ton of research into the subject until the 60's counter-culture hit and then there was a complete stop. No research. At least on the public front. Plants, chemicals, and their properties deemed Schedule 1 by the fed/gov.

You can't have the people given the ability to choose their reality. Not now.

I happen to think there is going to be a schism between people who tech and people who go back to nature. People from every statum of society.

@OfTheCross

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2019, 11:50:42 pm »
Schism

"I know the pieces fit 'cause I watched them fall away
Mildewed and smoldering, fundamental differing
Pure intention juxtaposed will set two lover's souls in motion
Disintegrating as it goes testing our communication…
"

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2019, 03:56:04 pm »
After all the articles that social media is harmful, what could possibly go wrong here?

I am planning on posting some information on the use of psychedelics for their therapeutic value, and not as an argument for their legalization, vs. manmade psycho...add various adjectives. virtual reality, etc.

As a hint, the U.S. Go and well-educated individuals were doing a ton of research into the subject until the 60's counter-culture hit and then there was a complete stop. No research. At least on the public front. Plants, chemicals, and their properties deemed Schedule 1 by the fed/gov.

You can't have the people given the ability to choose their reality. Not now.

I happen to think there is going to be a schism between people who tech and people who go back to nature. People from every statum of society.

@OfTheCross

I think we already see that.  @roamer_1

Fred, see what you think of this one:  https://www.bbc.com/news/stories-50211901

Online roamer_1

« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2019, 04:04:00 pm »
I think we already see that.  @roamer_1

Huh @Sanguine ??

I am a computer tech. I probably know more about tech than 90% of y'all...
That I also am a hillbilly, and prefer to return to a country life means I am also a Luddite according to many. In fact, many tumpsters suggest that I am ignorant because of my location on the planet, and my lifestyle... That I am somehow disconnected...

So I am on both sides of this particular issue. In what way am I exampled?

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2019, 04:12:45 pm »
Huh @Sanguine ??

I am a computer tech. I probably know more about tech than 90% of y'all...
That I also am a hillbilly, and prefer to return to a country life means I am also a Luddite according to many. In fact, many tumpsters suggest that I am ignorant because of my location on the planet, and my lifestyle... That I am somehow disconnected...

I just thought you were a good example of both.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2019, 10:56:56 pm »

You've described your own paradox. Unless you can't see it. @roamer_1

I'll look at the link later, @Sanguine I am too tired right now. Straight ten hours on a jobsite with no breaks and no lunch.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2019, 11:08:48 pm by bigheadfred »

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2019, 10:58:20 pm »
I couldn’t kill either.

And I would like a pair of ducks
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2019, 11:10:10 pm »
I couldn’t kill either.

And I would like a pair of ducks

Real ones?

Cause if it walks like a duck...

Online roamer_1

« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2019, 11:59:20 pm »
You've described your own paradox. Unless you can't see it. @roamer_1

But it isn't a paradox @bigheadfred ... I would prefer to go the Luddite route, but realize how big gov can use tech to fence me in... So I keep my fingers in it, skittering across the belly of the beast, so that I know how to subvert it. I figure to need that sort of thing before too long.

See? Makes sense to me.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2019, 09:50:50 am »
But it isn't a paradox @bigheadfred ... I would prefer to go the Luddite route, but realize how big gov can use tech to fence me in... So I keep my fingers in it, skittering across the belly of the beast, so that I know how to subvert it. I figure to need that sort of thing before too long.

See? Makes sense to me.

Right.

I get the rationale.

I am saying you are serving two masters.

PM  if you want the details (why I think that)

Online roamer_1

« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2019, 02:37:08 am »
Right.

I get the rationale.

I am saying you are serving two masters.

PM  if you want the details (why I think that)

Well @bigheadfred ... I PM'd you a while back and never heard back from you... What gives?
 :shrug:

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2019, 03:24:57 am »
Freddy really hates roombas huh?

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2019, 02:23:56 am »
@Gefn

5G isn't staring back at a 45 caliber barrel. It is a 45 blowing your head off.

I m definitely serious about this. The frequency range and the permeation.

"Climate change" will be the most "real" change. And I am Talking about the whether. Not the the weather.

Two different threads. One recent that there is a place that wifi is prohibited. I think that was posted by @Applewood. The irradtion from human polluted Electomagntetic radiation made those intruments useless.

There was another thread posted that the Chinese shield pregnant women from wifi. The Chinese? Protecting women from high (frequency) short microwave exposure? 5g is a weapon.

I posted the relevant info on robot 1.

Interestinly enough.

Most of the "new" AI  info isn't the same when I started robot 1.

This tells me four things>

1. They don't understand it

2. They can't contriol it.

3 They don't care.

4. You will buy it.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2019, 02:24:53 am by bigheadfred »