Author Topic: READ: House Democratic resolution formalizing Trump impeachment inquiry  (Read 795 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: READ: House Democratic resolution formalizing Trump impeachment inquiry
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2019, 11:46:13 pm »
The rules within the resolution outline the guidance for at least one public hearing from the HPSCI prior to transfer to Judiciary.  The Oversight Committee, Foreign Affairs Committee and Intelligence Committee are assembling publicly under the House Intelligence Committee (HPSCI) for that/those public hearing(s).

Key points from rules:

â—¾The Executive Branch will not be permitted to participate in the open HPSCI hearing.
â—¾President Trump lawyers will not be permitted to question witnesses in the open HPSCI hearing.
â—¾Ranking member of HPSCI (Nunes) may have subpoena power subject to pre-approval by Chairman Adam Schiff.  Requests must be made in writing.  Chair is not mandated to approve.
â—¾Ranking member of HPSCI (Nunes) may have ability to request witnesses subject to pre-approval by Chairman Adam Schiff. Requests must be made in writing. Chair is not mandated to approve.
â—¾Schiff (Chairman) and Nunes (Ranking member) will each have 90 minutes (aggregate) to question any witness brought before the committee.  All other committee members will have 5 minutes each, per witness. [Remember this is a member assembly of 3 committees]
â—¾The Chairman can allow contracted legal staff (Lawfare) to question witnesses, as part of his 90-minutes of available questioning.
â—¾The Chair is authorized, though not required, to make depositions public.
â—¾Upon completion of the hearing(s), the HPSCI chairman shall write a **report to the Judiciary (Nadler) with instructions of findings.  The chair may include dissent from the minority opinion therein.

[**Note: IMHO this report has already been written.  That was the purpose for the basement hearings.  All of this public testimony is for public consumption to support the premise of a constitutional impeachment proceedings.  It’s a farce.]

More:  https://theconservativetreehouse.com/2019/10/29/details-of-house-impeachment-inquiry-resolution-rules-for-open-hpsci-hearings-lawfare-staff-questioning-and-transfer-to-nadler/#more-174877

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2019, 11:50:06 pm »
This is not a vote on authorizing the impeachment inquiry, it is a vote to formalize lopsided inquiry rules and set into the public record what Adam Schiff wants set from the testimony and one-sided meetings he's been conducting in the catacombs of the Capitol.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2019, 11:56:15 pm »
Still a kangaroo court.
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2019, 12:01:50 am »
Still a kangaroo court.

I think it's worse than that.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2019, 12:17:55 am »
Looks like Pelosi does have the votes.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2019, 12:28:43 am »
I think it's worse than that.

Even in a kangaroo court the defendant might be guilty. But, Trump did nothing. Intel set him up and his administration. Democrats just ran with the ball.

Trump’s only crime—besides getting elected, is being un-politically correct, conservative to moderate, and republican. Oh, and he speaks plainly, forthrightly and he keeps his political promises. Something official Washington is unaccustomed to, maybe is even anathema to as politicians and bureaucrats who are used to being feckless as part of the job description.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2019, 12:33:13 am »
This is not a vote on authorizing the impeachment inquiry, it is a vote to formalize lopsided inquiry rules and set into the public record what Adam Schiff wants set from the testimony and one-sided meetings he's been conducting in the catacombs of the Capitol.

Just as we knew it would be. A load of democommie crap.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline OfTheCross

« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2019, 12:49:23 am »
This is what the Republicans were crying that they wanted. A vote. Now we'll get one on Thursday and it won't change a damn thing because there was nothing to change. Business as usual until the Articles are officially presented to the House.
If a well-regulated militia be the most natural defense of a free country, it ought certainly to be under the regulation and at the disposal of that body which is constituted the guardian of the national security.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2019, 12:59:31 am »
Looks like Pelosi does have the votes.

Not really...and here's why.

Sean Davis
✔
@seanmdav
This Pelosi non-impeachment resolution is hilarious. It goes out of its way to avoid authorizing a specific investigation and delegation of authority and instead repeatedly references an "investigation" that under the rules of the House doesn't even exist.

Sean Davis
✔
@seanmdav
Replying to @seanmdav
Pelosi's resolution references "the existing House of Representatives inquiry," but no such House of Representatives investigation exists, because the House of Representatives never authorized one.  And this resolution doesn't either.

Sean Davis
✔
@seanmdav
Replying to @seanmdav
Pelosi and House Democrats are clearly trying to play games with the U.S. Court of Appeals in D.C. and are hoping that the federal judges won't notice their sleight of hand in trying to claim unlimited impeachment investigative authority without actually voting to delegate it.

Sean Davis
✔
@seanmdav
Replying to @seanmdav
Democrats can't up and authorize a real investigation now, because that would be an admission that previous demands were unauthorized, nuking their current case. So they're left to play cutesy games where they reference a non-existent investigation and hope nobody will notice.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2019, 01:04:22 am »
Still a kangaroo court.

Same marsupials:

Different robes.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2019, 01:08:11 am »
They don't have the votes...

Cameron Joseph
✔
@cam_joseph
.@LeaderHoyer says he hasn't read impeachment inquiry rule, won't fully commit to a floor vote Thursday. "We're going to have to consider whether or not it's ready to go on Thursday. I hope that's the case."
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2019, 01:57:13 am »
Not really...and here's why.

That's a nice fairy tale.  I like it.  Still gonna be a vote Thursday.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2019, 02:03:50 am »
That's a nice fairy tale.  I like it.  Still gonna be a vote Thursday.

I'll suspend belief until Hoyer can show he has the votes.  What I read above suggests these are the rules Shcitt is already using, so there is less than no point in having a vote on it.  It's backfill.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2019, 02:17:25 am »
I'll suspend belief until Hoyer can show he has the votes.  What I read above suggests these are the rules Shcitt is already using, so there is less than no point in having a vote on it.  It's backfill.
I partially agree.  I think Pelosi didn't want a vote, and doesn't need a vote, closed door investigation has already made a solid case for impeachment.

But since a judge has also ruled she doesn't need a vote http://nymag.com/intelligencer/2019/10/federal-judge-howell-rules-impeachment-inquiry-is-legal.html Pelosi is just rubbing it in to keep the GOP off balance.  It's working.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2019, 02:26:48 am »
I partially agree.  I think Pelosi didn't want a vote, and doesn't need a vote, closed door investigation has already made a solid case for impeachment.

But since a judge has also ruled she doesn't need a vote http://nymag.com/intelligencer/2019/10/federal-judge-howell-rules-impeachment-inquiry-is-legal.html Pelosi is just rubbing it in to keep the GOP off balance.  It's working.
Are you sitting in the room with them?

Otherwise, how do you know this?

Please let the rest of us know how you know.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2019, 02:42:51 am »
Are you sitting in the room with them?

Otherwise, how do you know this?

Please let the rest of us know how you know.

By the weariness in the President's eyes.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2019, 02:27:04 pm »
By the weariness in the President's eyes.
Once again, a fake reporter who knows nothing.

And that is a big NOTHING.

You have no facts and just delirious opinions.

Go ahead and rant and rave.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2019, 02:30:15 pm »
Once again, a fake reporter who knows nothing.

And that is a big NOTHING.

You have no facts and just delirious opinions.

Go ahead and rant and rave.

He's a democrat troll @IsailedawayfromFR and never has been anything other.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2019, 02:56:58 pm »
This is what the Republicans were crying that they wanted. A vote. Now we'll get one on Thursday and it won't change a damn thing because there was nothing to change. Business as usual until the Articles are officially presented to the House.

Thank you for showing to everyone here you have zero knowledge of why the vote is necessary and how the impeachment process works and that you’re only capable of repeating Progressive talking points.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2019, 03:11:34 pm »

Well I damn sure hope they made a 'solid case' in their 'closed door' investigation.

There should be some guarantees in life.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2019, 03:43:36 pm »
closed door investigation has already made a solid case for impeachment.

I got news for you. The closed door investigation—with selective leaking of “witness” “testimony” by Schiff—is where the democrats are holding auditions, tryouts, out of public view, where they go fishing for someone with an odd bit of detritus to dish that might sound plausibly ominous for the president.

Well, auditions are over. Now Nancy will roll the dice. (I see snake eyes in her future.)

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2019, 03:54:05 pm »

When they write the history of this witch hunt it will not be kind to Pelosi. Under her House leadership she has brought this country closer to another civil war.  Instead of working with the Senate and White House on legislation that might move the nation forward, she chooses to take it backward and risks igniting a violent revolt. Pelosi isn’t leading, she’s following.
Why not just step aside and let Reps. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and Ilhan Omar run the party.  The Dem Party is run by kooks and wing-nuts. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2019, 03:56:19 pm »
I got news for you. The closed door investigation—with selective leaking of “witness” “testimony” by Schiff—is where the democrats are holding auditions, tryouts, out of public view, where they go fishing for someone with an odd bit of detritus to dish that might sound plausibly ominous for the president.

Well, auditions are over. Now Nancy will roll the dice. (I see snake eyes in her future.)
No doubt...especially when the Horowitz Report drops. :beer:

Offline skeeter

« Reply #24 on: October 30, 2019, 04:06:06 pm »
When they write the history of this witch hunt it will not be kind to Pelosi. Under her House leadership she has brought this country closer to another civil war.  Instead of working with the Senate and White House on legislation that might move the nation forward, she chooses to take it backward and risks igniting a violent revolt. Pelosi isn’t leading, she’s following.
Why not just step aside and let Reps. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and Ilhan Omar run the party.  The Dem Party is run by kooks and wing-nuts.

Imagine a country with an impartial mainstream media & public educational system - an AOC would be considered a political freak, if one would be possible at all.

In terms of human nature, the leftwing movement in this country isn't innate, its an illusion. It will succeed only to a point then there will be a reckoning.