Author Topic: Who are the real fascists? About Proposition 205 in Tucson, AZ  (Read 1969 times)

Offline riverdale-74

Who are the real fascists? About Proposition 205 in Tucson, AZ
« on: October 29, 2019, 10:20:06 am »
Proposition 205, an initiative to declare Tucson, Arizona a sanctuary city for illegal aliens is on the ballot in Tucson on November 5, 2019. Backed by an array of leftist groups, the initiative would severely restrict the ability of law enforcement officers and city employees to determine people's citizenship status.

https://illegal-immigration.com/post/proposition-205-tucson-arizona-2019

Offline PeteS in CA

Re: Who are the real fascists? About Proposition 205 in Tucson, AZ
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2019, 07:53:09 pm »
Unless U of A is an absolute nest of conservatives, I would expect this idiocy to pass. Sadly.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2019, 07:54:48 pm »
Our Governor had the good sence to sign a law into effect that bans any city in our state from becoming a Sanctuary city.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

rangerrebew

Sanctuary city initiative divides liberal Tucson, Arizona
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2019, 06:12:05 pm »

Jonathan J. Cooper, Associated Press Updated 10:14 am CST, Sunday, November 3, 2019

Tucson is widely credited as the birthplace of the 1980s Sanctuary Movement, an effort by churches to help refugees from Central America and shield them from deportation.

Now, as President Donald Trump's immigration policies put renewed focus on the treatment of people who come to the United States without authorization, the progressive southern Arizona city is again grappling with what it means to be a city welcoming of immigrants.

Voters are deciding whether to designate Tucson as Arizona's only sanctuary city, a direct challenge to Trump and to an anti-illegal immigration law that put a global spotlight on the state nearly a decade ago. The vote Tuesday is dividing progressives in a city where many are eager to send Trump a message, but where some worry they will merely draw the ire of the president and his allies in the state Legislature.

https://www.lmtonline.com/news/texas/article/Sanctuary-city-initiative-divides-liberal-Tucson-14805836.php

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Sanctuary city initiative divides liberal Tucson, Arizona
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2019, 06:19:57 pm »
The Initiative will pass, and Tucson will give the rest of the State the finger.  You heard it here first.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2019, 06:50:53 pm »
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2019, 06:54:05 pm »
Our Governor had the good sence to sign a law into effect that bans any city in our state from becoming a Sanctuary city.

And AZ passed a Constitutional Amendment (ratified by the voters) too.  So?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2019, 06:55:40 pm »
Topics merged.  The Election is tomorrow.
I will NOT comply.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2019, 06:56:44 pm »
This sanctuary city horseshit will be the spark that ignites real conflict in this nation. It is simply  unsustainable.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2019, 07:01:25 pm »
This sanctuary city horseshit will be the spark that ignites real conflict in this nation. It is simply  unsustainable.

Correct, and Tucson is a rather large city, down close to the border.   Only San Antonio and San Diego are larger and closer.  Large cities that close tothe border, that do the Sanctuary thing, are insane.
I will NOT comply.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2019, 07:58:38 pm »
And AZ passed a Constitutional Amendment (ratified by the voters) too.  So?

It must suck for your state then that your gov (like Newsome) rejects the will of the people.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2019, 10:55:19 pm »
It must suck for your state then that your gov (like Newsome) rejects the will of the people.

Ducey isn't the problem.
I will NOT comply.

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2019, 03:33:17 pm »
Is it true that a squadron of porcine aviators were spotted in the skies over Tucson?

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2019, 04:02:30 pm »
I am proven wrong, yet again!  And that's a good thing...Tucson rejected the Prop, by a wide margin!

One of Arizona's Liberal Hotbeds Overwhelmingly Rejected Proposition to Become State's First Sanctuary City

@PeteS in CA

@riverdale-74
« Last Edit: November 06, 2019, 04:05:01 pm by Cyber Liberty »
I will NOT comply.

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2019, 04:10:40 pm »
I also thought U of A students would vote Tucson a "Sanctuary City".

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2019, 04:11:55 pm »
Unless U of A is an absolute nest of conservatives, ...

@PeteS in CA

Isn't that where Hay-Raldo Rivera got his college degree while dodging the draft?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2019, 04:16:41 pm »

Jonathan J. Cooper, Associated Press Updated 10:14 am CST, Sunday, November 3, 2019

Tucson is widely credited as the birthplace of the 1980s Sanctuary Movement, an effort by churches to help themselves gain access to the US treasury and political power by helping refugees from Central America break the law.

There,fixed it.

Now, as President Donald Trump's immigration policies put renewed focus on the treatment of people who come to the United States without authorization, the REGRESSIVE southern Arizona city is again grappling with what it means to be a city welcoming of immigrants.

Fixed that one,too.

Online Wingnut

« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2019, 04:19:33 pm »
I am proven wrong, yet again!  And that's a good thing...Tucson rejected the Prop, by a wide margin!

One of Arizona's Liberal Hotbeds Overwhelmingly Rejected Proposition to Become State's First Sanctuary City

@PeteS in CA

@riverdale-74

Remarkable. 
The Pima County Sheriff, Tucson Police officials and Tucson's largely Democratic city council and mayor opposed the proposition.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2019, 04:28:51 pm »
Remarkable.

As Michelle Malkin pointed out, it's interesting why these people opposed the Prop:  It could lead to a major loss of funding from the National Government.  They had no problem with defying the AZ State Constitution.
I will NOT comply.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2019, 05:00:36 pm »

@PeteS in CA

@riverdale-74

@Cyber Liberty

I have to admit to being shocked. I figured this was an absolute slam-dunk.

Have any idea what happened?

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2019, 05:02:49 pm »
@Cyber Liberty

I have to admit to being shocked. I figured this was an absolute slam-dunk.

Have any idea what happened?

@sneakypete

The lefty Unions banded together to oppose the Prop, in order to keep the Federal gravy train running.  That it was against the AZ State Constitution was not the reason it failed, although it should have been.
I will NOT comply.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2019, 05:04:36 pm »
@sneakypete

The lefty Unions banded together to oppose the Prop, in order to keep the Federal gravy train running. 

@Cyber Liberty

Thanks,but I don't know what that means. Could you give me a short explanation to help job what little memory I have left?

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2019, 05:15:07 pm »
@Cyber Liberty

Thanks,but I don't know what that means. Could you give me a short explanation to help job what little memory I have left?

@sneakypete

Sure!  Trump has had some success at cutting off funding for "Sanctuaries," and the leftists in Tucson did not want to endanger the flow of those funds from the National Government for their pet projects (with the attendant corruption of bribes and kick-backs).  IOW, the "Gravy Train." 

The State passed a Constitutional Amendment prohibiting sanctuary cities, so this Ballot Prop should not have even been allowed to come to a vote!  That it was is a middle finger to the rest of the State of AZ, who voted in the Amendment a few years ago.  It lead to boycotts of Arizona.
I will NOT comply.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2019, 05:48:45 pm »
@sneakypete

Sure!  Trump has had some success at cutting off funding for "Sanctuaries," and the leftists in Tucson did not want to endanger the flow of those funds from the National Government for their pet projects (with the attendant corruption of bribes and kick-backs).  IOW, the "Gravy Train." 

The State passed a Constitutional Amendment prohibiting sanctuary cities, so this Ballot Prop should not have even been allowed to come to a vote!  That it was is a middle finger to the rest of the State of AZ, who voted in the Amendment a few years ago.  It lead to boycotts of Arizona.

@Cyber Liberty

OK,thanks!

rangerrebew

Tucson, Arizona Rejects Plan to Become Sanctuary City
« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2019, 02:33:02 pm »
Tucson, Arizona Rejects Plan to Become Sanctuary City

11/06/2019 12:00 AM Source: AAN by: AAN Staff

Despite its status as a red state, Arizona's second-largest city is a Democratic bastion.

Still, voters on Tuesday overwhelmingly rejected an initiative that would have made it the only sanctuary city in the state. (Fox News)

The measure drew fierce opposition from the mayor and city council, all of them Democrats, who said the initiative risked public safety and millions of dollars the city gets from the state and federal governments.

Read more at https://americanactionnews.com/articles/tucson-arizona-rejects-plan-to-become-sanctuary-city#TPQe6rW2J3m7KAxl.99