Author Topic: 'Trouble is coming': Veteran of Bill Clinton impeachment battle warns Trump is unprepared for onslau  (Read 358 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
'Trouble is coming': Veteran of Bill Clinton impeachment battle warns Trump is unprepared for onslaught
By Matt London | Fox News

Fox News host Sean Hannity and James Carville, who was Bill Clinton's presidential campaign manager, had a heated debate over the future of the Trump presidency during Politicon in Nashville, Tenn., on Saturday.

"What's going to happen is they're going to impeach him... That train has totally left the station," said Carville of the House Democrats, adding that the Trump administration is totally unprepared for what lies ahead.

Recalling the 1998 impeachment of Bill Clinton, Carville provided insight into how his former boss' team set out to deal with it.

"We actually had a strategy -- you know -- we started with 71 percent approval," said the veteran Democratic strategist. "They start with 41 percent approval. So they're in a little bit of a deeper hole.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/media/trump-impeachment-james-carville-sean-hannity
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Has Trump hired any lawyers for these impeachment proceedings?
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online libertybele

He was considering Trey Gowdy (another huge mistake), but I don't think that he has accepted.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
I hope they are not relying on Rudy..can you say Pres Pence...
Support the USO

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Oh great, #nevertrump is going to lend "advice."
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline skeeter

We actually had a strategy -- you know -- we started with 71 percent approval," said the veteran Democratic strategist. "They start with 41 percent approval. So they're in a little bit of a deeper hole.

On the other hand your guy committed an actual crime, a real impeachable offense, while Trump hasn’t. So there’s that.

This guy is still a POS.

Offline Victoria33

@mystery-ak

Not Trey Gowdy - he has to wait one year before he could do that (some federal rule about that) and he can't do it until January.  Surely, Trump has some that know about these things, but Trump doesn't take anyone's advice so maybe he will be his own lawyer.  I remember he recently said he was his own "something" - I don't remember the word he used, but could have been "lawyer".   If someone knows the word he said, please post it.

Online libertybele

I hope they are not relying on Rudy..can you say Pres Pence...

Exactly.  Giuliani is one of Trump's biggest mistakes. He hasn't done Trump any favors, and Trump would be smart not to consider him a friend anymore.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online libertybele

@mystery-ak

Not Trey Gowdy - he has to wait one year before he could do that (some federal rule about that) and he can't do it until January.  Surely, Trump has some that know about these things, but Trump doesn't take anyone's advice so maybe he will be his own lawyer.  I remember he recently said he was his own "something" - I don't remember the word he used, but could have been "lawyer".   If someone knows the word he said, please post it.

Trump listen's to advice from the wrong people, like Rand and Jared.  He desperately needs a great attorney in his corner right now who he can trust and that person is going to be difficult to find. 

Offline dfwgator

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Maybe Judge Andrew Napolitano?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

He was considering Trey Gowdy (another huge mistake), but I don't think that he has accepted.

He did accept, but it didn't work out due to lobbying concerns.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline aligncare

I can’t believe the silly questions people are asking.

Of course Trump is consulting attorneys. He has a slew of top law firms working with him on hundreds of issues from impeachment, to defending him and the office from the hundreds of legal harassment actions and malicious law suits.

Get real people. Don’t let his rough language fool you. Trump’s no dummy. He didn’t get to where he is by twiddling his thumbs.