Author Topic: Wonkish ex-Speaker Paul Ryan launches nonprofit to promote conservative policies  (Read 355 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Wonkish ex-Speaker Paul Ryan launches nonprofit to promote conservative policies
by David M. Drucker
 | October 28, 2019 01:09 PM

Paul Ryan is tapping his Rolodex of wealthy Republican donors to fund a new political nonprofit committed to promoting the conservative policies that drove the former House speaker’s legislative agenda over two decades in Congress.

The American Idea Foundation, headquartered in Ryan’s hometown of Janesville, Wisconsin, is the Republican’s answer to the question of how to influence American public policy while in his political retirement. The organization plans to partner with academics, think tanks, and other groups to address poverty, drug addiction, education, upward mobility, and other reforms Ryan worked on in Washington. Ryan is the foundation’s president, with two long-time aides running it day-to-day.

“I cannot wait to get started on this endeavor,” Ryan said in a statement.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/campaigns/wonkish-ex-speaker-paul-ryan-launches-nonprofit-to-promote-conservative-policies
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
So much for trying to make an honest living after leaving politics.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Applewood

Ryan was driven by conservative policies?  Who knew?

Offline Night Hides Not

C’mon Paul...get a real job, would ya?
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline dfwgator

Loser.

Offline Absalom

Wonkish ex-Speaker Paul Ryan launches nonprofit to promote conservative policies by David M. Druc
The organization plans to partner with academics, think tanks, and other groups to address poverty, drug addiction, education, upward mobility, and other reforms Ryan worked on in Washington.
-------------------------------------
Goober Ryan's laundry list of sanctimonious crapola, beloved of progressives,
has absolutely nothing to do w/principled conservatism; a body of eternal
precepts involving attitudes, behaviors and sentiments about human nature.
These precepts have nothing to do w/ economics, ideology or politics.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2019, 08:40:47 pm by Absalom »

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
This is his "Ryan Foundation."

I expect it is carefully designed to give him Millions$

Denny Haster, John "MJ" Boehner befrore.

Paul Ryan served the open borders, corporate donors, and worked against many conservative measures that Trump sought to advvance.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline skeeter

I’m not at all interested in Paul Ryan’s kind of conservatism.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Paul Ryan didn't get rid of Obamacare or get the wall built. He's worthless. He lives behind a wall with his democommie lobbyist wife.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2019, 10:02:48 pm by austingirl »
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline dfwgator

Paul Ryan didn't get rid of Obamacare or get the wall built. He's worthless. He lives behind a wall with his to a democommie lobbyist wife.

Paul Ryan made Joe Biden look like a MENSA member.

Offline Applewood

-------------------------------------
Goober Ryan's laundry list of sanctimonious crapola, beloved of progressives,
has absolutely nothing to do w/principled conservatism; a body of eternal
precepts involving attitudes, behaviors and sentiments about human nature.
These precepts have nothing to do w/ economics, ideology or politics.

Ryan reminds me of Justice Roberts.  Both were sold as conservatives.  And a number of us suckers bought the sales pitch.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
He's one of the pieces of 'human scum' that Trump was talking about.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
I'm guessin' that Mittens will be recruited as chief advisor...

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil

Good question.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

This is his "Ryan Foundation."

I expect it is carefully designed to give him Millions$

Denny Haster, John "MJ" Boehner befrore.

Paul Ryan served the open borders, corporate donors, and worked against many conservative measures that Trump sought to advvance.

Speaker Hastert could really use some money.  Nobody wants him on the speaking circuit.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/investigations/ct-dennis-hastert-sexual-abuse-kendall-county-lawsuit-20190912-tdrm23d3zraofarxjoa2vtnpgy-story.html

“Well, he made a demand for three and a half million dollars," Hastert said in the deposition. "He asked me if my son, who had just run for Congress, whether he was going to run for Congress again. He asked me if I was afraid of — afraid of going to jail, those type of insinuations. … As far as the money goes, I said I don’t have three and a half million dollars. He said he wanted it in a briefcase or in a satchel, cash.”

Hastert said he made his first payment of $50,000 during the third meeting, in his office parking lot. Most of their meetings occurred in a Menard’s parking lot. They initially met every six weeks to three months with Hastert making a similar payment but they switched to every six months with Hastert doubling payments to $100,000.

Hastert said he agreed to pay up to $3.5 million. He at one point offered to pay the man with stock, but the stock never netted earnings as planned.