Author Topic: WS Game Five: Astros vs. Nationals, live thread  (Read 1662 times)

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
Re: WS Game Five: Astros vs. Nationals, live thread
« Reply #25 on: October 28, 2019, 03:29:08 am »
Three and three for the Nats in the bottom of the ninth, and the road team has now won all World Series games so far!!!

7-1, Astros, your final from Nationals Park. We'll see you back in Houston on Tuesday for Game Six!

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #26 on: October 28, 2019, 04:15:05 am »

7-1, Astros, your final from Nationals Park. We'll see you back in Houston on Tuesday for Game Six!

What a roller coaster ride.  Expect Strausburg to be extra tough tomorrow.  Also add the head scratching fact that Verlander is 0-5 in WS decisions.  I really truly expect to see a Game 7 Wednesday.

And those Nats now have Road Field Advantage.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2019, 04:15:55 am by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #27 on: October 28, 2019, 04:24:16 am »
What a roller coaster ride.  Expect Strausburg to be extra tough tomorrow.  Also add the head scratching fact that Verlander is 0-5 in WS decisions.  I really truly expect to see a Game 7 Wednesday.

I'm expecting Verlander to end that particular streek Tuesday evening in Minute Maid Park but it's baseball and no one knows.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
« Reply #28 on: October 28, 2019, 05:32:49 am »
. . . and just for the record, the umpiring behind the plate has sucked for both teams just about all Series long . . .

@EasyAce

But most egregious tonight. I wish those guys would get paid according to accuracy which gets determined after the game/series when videos can be viewed by an impartial panel.

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

Offline AllThatJazzZ

« Reply #29 on: October 28, 2019, 05:34:48 am »

@catfish1957

:silly:

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #30 on: October 28, 2019, 04:42:08 pm »
@EasyAce

But most egregious tonight. I wish those guys would get paid according to accuracy which gets determined after the game/series when videos can be viewed by an impartial panel.
@AllThatJazzZ
Lovely thought, but reality check: if they did get paid according to accuracy, too many of them would be on food stamps.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #31 on: October 28, 2019, 04:44:21 pm »

@catfish1957
And it'd be real road field advantage: only one World Series has ever been played in which the visiting team won all the games---the 1906 Series, between the Cubs and the "Hitless Wonders" White Sox. But those two teams only had to hop crosstown trolleys to play the games.  :silly:

Offline AllThatJazzZ

« Reply #32 on: October 28, 2019, 09:54:30 pm »
@AllThatJazzZ
Lovely thought, but reality check: if they did get paid according to accuracy, too many of them would be on food stamps.

@EasyAce

That could work. Once they figure out what an unpleasant way of life that is, they'll be motivated to hone their skills.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #33 on: October 28, 2019, 10:17:40 pm »
The absolute highlight of the game was this guy who used his belly to stop a home run ball rather than drop his two beers.

http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=27947431

The best commercial Budweiser could ever run.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #34 on: October 30, 2019, 12:35:16 am »
I saw the "Take me out to Impeachment" song from last night, so I'm switching allegiance for the rest of the Series. Go Astros!
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #35 on: October 30, 2019, 12:41:39 am »
I saw the "Take me out to Impeachment" song from last night, so I'm switching allegiance for the rest of the Series. Go Astros!

LOL!  I missed that.  ???
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

« Reply #36 on: October 30, 2019, 02:30:32 pm »
The absolute highlight of the game was this guy who used his belly to stop a home run ball rather than drop his two beers.

http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=27947431

The best commercial Budweiser could ever run.
Budweiser served him up on a silver platter by treating him in Houston for game 6 and giving him this shirt.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline AllThatJazzZ

« Reply #37 on: October 30, 2019, 09:58:41 pm »
Budweiser served him up on a silver platter by treating him in Houston for game 6 and giving him this shirt.

I hope they provided him with tickets to Game 7 as well.

« Reply #38 on: October 30, 2019, 10:19:25 pm »
I hope they provided him with tickets to Game 7 as well.
Likely, but I wish there was no game 7.