Author Topic: Fox News contributor: 'Most likely' outcome is Trump doesn't run in 2020  (Read 3618 times)

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

Re: Fox News contributor: 'Most likely' outcome is Trump doesn't run in 2020
« Reply #125 on: October 30, 2019, 10:24:59 am »
For cripes sake, give it a rest already.   You are opposed to Donald Trump because you have no frame of reference to understand the man --- I'm pretty sure you haven't run into him while digging for water in the mud or throwing your home-cured meat on a snow bank to freeze, or while dancing with your horse. And you hate what you cannot understand.  Got it.

But this hate just blinds you to the fact that in principle and action Donald Trump is the most politically conservative president in more than three decades; and it blinds you to how absurd your posts about him being a liberal truly are.  They're also tiresome and worn and are beginning to lower the average IQ of the forum.

Please, I'm begging you .... snap out it!

Wow, you can read minds?

Roamer sure is lucky have you to explain to him how he thinks and feels. 
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #126 on: October 30, 2019, 11:32:44 am »
For cripes sake, give it a rest already.   You are opposed to Donald Trump because you have no frame of reference to understand the man --- I'm pretty sure you haven't run into him while digging for water in the mud or throwing your home-cured meat on a snow bank to freeze, or while dancing with your horse. And you hate what you cannot understand.  Got it.

But this hate just blinds you to the fact that in principle and action Donald Trump is the most politically conservative president in more than three decades; and it blinds you to how absurd your posts about him being a liberal truly are.  They're also tiresome and worn and are beginning to lower the average IQ of the forum.

No frame of reference? Honey, we're out here past the outfield, in flyover country. We get the wide shot, not the close up. You, who use NYC as your avatar are the one who has the restricted view and little frame of reference.

I am indifferent to the man, I don't know him personally, and it is unlikely anyone here does. I do believe he is beset by partisan forces in DC who wish only to preserve their corrupt wealth generating syndicate at the expense of our treasure and our rights, fundamentally enslaving all Americans in their debt while they live well, and who have spent a boatload of our money to try and entrap the man. While using falsehood against him may be somewhere in his Karma, it has never set well with me that anyone give false witness against others, and there are much more lucrative lines of prosecution remaining--the unpicked low-hanging prosecutorial plums left over from the last administration that those enraptured at the thought of bringing this POTUS down should have pursued long ago if their actions were for the law and not based on party politics. 
All I can measure President Trump by are his actions, words, deeds, and the results which will be spun one way or the other, depending on who is doing it. As for reference points, I have the Constitution, some fundamental principles, the law, and that's plenty that doesn't move to measure that which does. It is the stake by which tells one whether the tide is coming in or going out. My viewpoint isn't crippled by "New York Values", hero worship, awe of the wealthy, or the sparkle of celebrity.

As for the "most conservative in three decades", well that bar isn't so very high. Clinton, Obama, and a couple of Bushes aren't a hell of a lot to be more Conservative than. But that also introduces relativism into your metrics, not a fixed reference, nor principles, so you are back to the 'lesser evil' concept, which is part of the problem. As the situation grows more evil (less Constitutional) overall, the lesser evil becomes progressively more evil. So, you snap out of it.

None of those other administrations ever decided a gun stock is a machine gun, and one of them decided it wasn't.
None of those other administrations signed off on eliminating employee expenses (Form 2106) and as a result I and others are taxed on the fuel we burn to perform our jobs, even though without that expense we have no job. 
etc.

As I said, I am indifferent to the man, but something for which I have an abiding distaste are snake oil salesmen who come braying that something is what it obviously isn't. So stop trying to sell him as a bloody saint.

How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline libertybele

« Reply #127 on: October 30, 2019, 01:03:26 pm »
1. Pathological liar
2. Spends like a drunken sailor
3. Raises taxes on the American people
4. Cuts and runs in the face of foreign threats
5. Uses his power to line his pockets
6. Helped elect a Democrat majority in the House
7. Is in love with communist dictators
8. Appoints crooks
9. Hates American institutions like CIA and FBI
10 Vilifies war heroes
11. Probably on drugs

You're assumptions and accusations might be more believable and acceptable if you were to provide links to back them up.  Just sayin' ... you provide lots of liberal talking points.  As an example, "probably on drugs".  What kind of drugs are we talking here?  Prescribed cholesterol meds, blood pressure meds, heroin, low dose aspirin?   *****rollingeyes*****
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #128 on: October 30, 2019, 01:04:18 pm »
So stop trying to sell him as a bloody saint.

:amen: 888high58888

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #129 on: October 30, 2019, 02:43:41 pm »

That Riv, is nothing but fantasy.

First I don't hate anybody... Funny how liberals and Tumpsters pull the hater card.

Secondly, there is not a single conservative principle at work in this administration, not a one.
Not that I think you would know... I would challenge you to defend your statement, though I doubt you will, because I have never heard you quote a conservative principle in any argument. I don't think you even know what they are.

So c'mon @Right_in_Virginia ... Defend him on the principles of Conservatism.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #130 on: October 30, 2019, 02:52:48 pm »
So c'mon @Right_in_Virginia ... Defend him on the principles of Conservatism.

@roamer_1 RIV would have to know what conservative principals are to defend them. 
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #131 on: October 30, 2019, 03:02:54 pm »
@roamer_1 RIV would have to know what conservative principals are to defend them.

@txradioguy  I assure you RIV knows what American principles are even if many of the most self-assured "conservatives" do not.

« Reply #132 on: October 30, 2019, 03:06:37 pm »
That Riv, is nothing but fantasy.  First I don't hate anybody... Funny how liberals and Tumpsters pull the hater card. 

Damn, it's even worse than I first thought @roamer_1 You're not even reading your posts -- Mind you, I'm not finding fault with that.  :beer:

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #133 on: October 30, 2019, 03:08:59 pm »

Not to worry @txradioguy ... @Right_in_Virginia  will not throw down. She never has, because she can't. So much for 'the most conservative president evah'.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #134 on: October 30, 2019, 03:10:12 pm »
Wow, you can read minds?

Roamer sure is lucky have you to explain to him how he thinks and feels.

Did you see that? I think I been hick-shamed.   :silly:

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #135 on: October 30, 2019, 03:11:30 pm »
Damn, it's even worse than I first thought @roamer_1 You're not even reading your posts -- Mind you, I'm not finding fault with that.  :beer:

@Right_in_Virginia

Keep practicing that wit dear.... You're halfway there.  :tongue2:

« Reply #136 on: October 30, 2019, 03:11:36 pm »
Not to worry @txradioguy ... @Right_in_Virginia  will not throw down. She never has, because she can't. So much for 'the most conservative president evah'.

We have "thrown down" on the meaning of "conservatism" @roamer_1  --- ad nauseam.  Please do not point the finger at me because you do not remember.

Peace.   happy77

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #137 on: October 30, 2019, 03:13:07 pm »
We have "thrown down" on the meaning of "conservatism" @roamer_1  --- ad nauseam.  Please do not point the finger at me because you do not remember.

Peace.   happy77

No @Right_in_Virginia , not a once.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #138 on: October 30, 2019, 04:03:52 pm »
Can we stop the fighting now?  It's SSDD...
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #139 on: October 31, 2019, 01:21:51 am »
You're assumptions and accusations might be more believable and acceptable if you were to provide links to back them up.  Just sayin' ... you provide lots of liberal talking points.  As an example, "probably on drugs".  What kind of drugs are we talking here?  Prescribed cholesterol meds, blood pressure meds, heroin, low dose aspirin?   *****rollingeyes*****
The last one was a joke.  That's why I said probably.  The rest you understood.  Most of them are the same arguments that conservatives have hurled at the soon to be ex-president for years.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #140 on: October 31, 2019, 02:24:16 am »
The last one was a joke.  That's why I said probably.  The rest you understood.  Most of them are the same arguments that conservatives have hurled at the soon to be ex-president for years.

Ridiculousness.  As far as ex-president -- he still has another 4 years.  :laugh: :patriot:

« Reply #141 on: October 31, 2019, 04:03:45 am »
No frame of reference? Honey, we're out here past the outfield, in flyover country. We get the wide shot, not the close up. You, who use NYC as your avatar are the one who has the restricted view and little frame of reference.

@Smokin Joe  My avatar is a permanent memorial to the American spirit that rebuilds taller and stronger after tragedy.  I've always assumed this was a "flyover" principle.   :shrug:

I stand by my assertion that what humans don't understand often causes irrational fear and loathing.  I think this is especially true in the case you are commenting on --- for all the reasons I previously posted.

All I can measure President Trump by are his actions, words, deeds, and the results which will be spun one way or the other, depending on who is doing it. As for reference points, I have the Constitution, some fundamental principles, the law, and that's plenty that doesn't move to measure that which does. It is the stake by which tells one whether the tide is coming in or going out. My viewpoint isn't crippled by "New York Values", hero worship, awe of the wealthy, or the sparkle of celebrity.

Thank you for so eloquently proving the opinion I expressed about irrational fear and loathing.

As for the "most conservative in three decades", well that bar isn't so very high. Clinton, Obama, and a couple of Bushes aren't a hell of a lot to be more Conservative than. But that also introduces relativism into your metrics, not a fixed reference, nor principles, so you are back to the 'lesser evil' concept, which is part of the problem. As the situation grows more evil (less Constitutional) overall, the lesser evil becomes progressively more evil. So, you snap out of it.

Okay, these are just random words strung together to try and convince me President Trump is not the most conservative president in more than 30 years.  Good effort, sincerely, and still unsuccessful.

As I said, I am indifferent to the man, but something for which I have an abiding distaste are snake oil salesmen who come braying that something is what it obviously isn't. So stop trying to sell him as a bloody saint.

Joe, "indifference" is not supported by referring to the President as a snake oil salesman.  Just sayin'  :laugh:

And then you really drift, Joe.   I simply stated that Donald John Trump is in principle, vision and accomplishment the most conservative president we have had in over 30 years. The pity is he lacks a Congress behind him who shares the same principles and vision for America.

I never hinted at sainthood for the man because I think his flaws are what make him the right man for these times  --- so I don't know why or how you're admonishing me for something I neither think nor have hinted at. 

And lastly, Joe, you are more than entitled to ... you are guaranteed ... your own opinion; but not your own facts. I will continue to comment when facts are distorted or ignored.  I've not been inclined to apologize for this in the past and have no plans to start doing so now.

Peace.  happy77

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #142 on: October 31, 2019, 01:48:18 pm »
@Smokin Joe  My avatar is a permanent memorial to the American spirit that rebuilds taller and stronger after tragedy.  I've always assumed this was a "flyover" principle.   :shrug:
Well, thanks for explaining your avatar, something I found incongruous for someone who claimed to be right in Virginia. The parts of Virginia (not NoVA) I was familiar with in my  youth were hardly ideologically commensurate with the NYC of that era.  9/11 was not a "tragedy", it was an act of war. "Tragedy" was the B-25 that hit the Empire State Building.
I stand by my assertion that what humans don't understand often causes irrational fear and loathing.  I think this is especially true in the case you are commenting on --- for all the reasons I previously posted.

Thank you for so eloquently proving the opinion I expressed about irrational fear and loathing.

But my comment, "All I can measure President Trump by are his actions, words, deeds, and the results which will be spun one way or the other, depending on who is doing it. As for reference points, I have the Constitution, some fundamental principles, the law, and that's plenty that doesn't move to measure that which does. It is the stake by which tells one whether the tide is coming in or going out. My viewpoint isn't crippled by "New York Values", hero worship, awe of the wealthy, or the sparkle of celebrity. "  doesn't prove your point at all. It merely explains my metrics.
There was no irrational fear nor loathing in my comment. Either you have some fixed standard or you don't. I merely indicated what I use.
Okay, these are just random words strung together to try and convince me President Trump is not the most conservative president in more than 30 years.  Good effort, sincerely, and still unsuccessful.
Nothing random about them. I didn't say he wasn't the "most conservative" in that time reference, I just said that isn't saying much, considering what the last thirty years have brought. Clintons and Obama? Daddy and 'W'? Holy crap! My dog is more conservative than that lot. It's like walking into a room where there are nothing but snakes and bragging about having the longest legs in the room. So what?
Joe, "indifference" is not supported by referring to the President as a snake oil salesman.  Just sayin'  :laugh:
I don't hate, nor love the man, beyond concern for a fellow human.  I don't know the man.
As for the rest, it is what it is. I'm only stating observations.
And then you really drift, Joe.   I simply stated that Donald John Trump is in principle, vision and accomplishment the most conservative president we have had in over 30 years. The pity is he lacks a Congress behind him who shares the same principles and vision for America.
Not so much. I just pointed out again that the most conservative presidnt in 30 years is like having a drag race between a Trabant, a Yugo, and a Pinto firing on 3 cylinders and claiming to be the fastest car on the field. Again, so what? How about we strive for the most Conservative POTUS (and Congress_ in the past 150 years, because the last 30 are a new low.
I never hinted at sainthood for the man because I think his flaws are what make him the right man for these times  --- so I don't know why or how you're admonishing me for something I neither think nor have hinted at. 
Never? Seriously? :silly:
And lastly, Joe, you are more than entitled to ... you are guaranteed ... your own opinion; but not your own facts. I will continue to comment when facts are distorted or ignored.  I've not been inclined to apologize for this in the past and have no plans to start doing so now.

What facts have been distorted or ignored?
« Last Edit: October 31, 2019, 01:53:47 pm by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #143 on: October 31, 2019, 02:06:51 pm »
What facts have been distorted or ignored?

:2popcorn:
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!