Author Topic: We The People.....5 min video term limits  (Read 392 times)

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline OfTheCross

Re: We The People.....5 min video term limits
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2019, 09:14:29 pm »
aren't elections our defacto term limits?
If a well-regulated militia be the most natural defense of a free country, it ought certainly to be under the regulation and at the disposal of that body which is constituted the guardian of the national security.

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2019, 10:15:44 pm »
Watch the video
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2019, 10:53:54 pm »

Not actually.  Supreme court justices have no term limits. She is 86 years old and has been serving for the past 26 years. Also, If we take McConnel for example; he is the longest serving Senator in Kentucky history AND the longest serving GOP majority leader in history.  He has been serving since 1985 and has been re-elected 5 times; so he's been serving for nearly 35 years.  He's been serving in politics for even longer than that.  He is 77 years old.  Using these two examples, I'd say there is something to be said for term limits.

We have term limits on the presidency of 8 years.  I'd like to see Senators and Congressmen along with Supreme Court justices have term limits of 10 years.  I think a decade is long enough.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline OfTheCross

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2019, 10:57:31 pm »
Watch the video

I did. He's talking about term limits for congresspeople
If a well-regulated militia be the most natural defense of a free country, it ought certainly to be under the regulation and at the disposal of that body which is constituted the guardian of the national security.

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2019, 12:10:52 am »
I did. He's talking about term limits for congresspeople
You watch but did not apparently listen.

What was discussed was the consolidation of power by those in power to further their terms in office.

That is why term limits by the ballot box cannot be effective, particularly when a compliant media will not keep politicians honest.

Offline OfTheCross

« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2019, 12:26:42 am »
You watch but did not apparently listen.

What was discussed was the consolidation of power by those in power to further their terms in office.

That is why term limits by the ballot box cannot be effective, particularly when a compliant media will not keep politicians honest.

So, let's fix gerrymandering, where the politicians choose their constituents, and lets get big PAC and corporate financing out of the game too, so that they can't buy our Representatives

« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2019, 11:57:16 am »
So, let's fix gerrymandering, where the politicians choose their constituents, and lets get big PAC and corporate financing out of the game too, so that they can't buy our Representatives
All of which are the products of making laws.

Who do you think pass legislation anyway?