Author Topic: Paper coup: How Comey kicked off the 'Deep State' insurgency that Nunes put down  (Read 434 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Paper coup: How Comey kicked off the 'Deep State' insurgency that Nunes put down

By Lee Smith - Special to The Washington Times - - Updated: 8:08 p.m. on Sunday, October 27, 2019

Excerpts from “The Plot Against the President: The True Story of How Congressman Devin Nunes Uncovered the Biggest Political Scandal in U.S. History” (Center Street, Hachette Book Group, Oct. 29, 2019) a 368-page book being published Tuesday by journalist Lee Smith.

The Democrats’ push to impeach President Trump began long before the whistleblower’s complaint regarding the president’s July phone call. The origins of the effort to undo the 2016 election date back to former FBI Director James Comey’s March 20, 2017, testimony in front of the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence.

“We’d been hearing since the election about Trump and Russia,” says Rep. Devin Nunes, the top Republican on the intelligence committee. “It’s everywhere in the press. I wanted to get his testimony because I wanted to do as much in public as possible to force them to say they didn’t have anything. I thought Comey would be a calming influence. I thought he would answer questions and say, ‘OK, we’re interviewing a few people, but this is not about the president.’”

But because the FBI investigation into the Trump campaign’s ties to Russia, code-named Crossfire Hurricane, had nothing on Mr. Trump and because of the emerging evidence of their own wrongdoings, Mr. Comey had to stay on offense.

more
https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2019/oct/27/plot-against-president-lee-smith-book-details-devi/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34