Author Topic: Don't forget to set your clocks back nov 3rd  (Read 853 times)

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Don't forget to set your clocks back nov 3rd
« on: October 25, 2019, 08:06:43 pm »
By the way it is Daylight Saving Time not saving(s)

@Sanguine
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online andy58-in-nh

Re: Don't forget to set your clocks back nov 3rd
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2019, 08:25:57 pm »
By the way it is Daylight Saving Time not saving(s)

@Sanguine
Sometimes, I would like to set mine back to 1966.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2019, 08:27:46 pm »

I'd go for 1775.  Back then this country had balls and "chicks" didn't

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2019, 08:28:48 pm »
Any of my clocks that don't access a time server never get set. My stove says it's 11:00 right now, and the nuke says it's 1:00... It's really 2:30 according to everything else.

Offline berdie

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2019, 08:30:21 pm »

That would be cool...if I could retain the knowledge of today. Who knows what I would be. wink777

Online Wingnut

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2019, 08:35:18 pm »

Offline berdie

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2019, 08:40:00 pm »
Any of my clocks that don't access a time server never get set. My stove says it's 11:00 right now, and the nuke says it's 1:00... It's really 2:30 according to everything else.

Your house sounds like mine @roamer_1 . lol.  I have one clock that has the correct time just because I don't want to exercise my brain to remember what time it really is. The rest of the clocks? Nothing is correct. I figure it keeps my mind active. I dated a guy a while back that my time keeping method made crazy. He would come in and start setting my clocks and I would walk behind him "unsetting" them. No problem to me...he didn't like dogs either.

I do wish they would quit screwin' around with the time. Leave it on one or the other.

Online andy58-in-nh

« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2019, 08:48:32 pm »
I'd go for 1775.  Back then this country had balls and "chicks" didn't
Nahhh. Life was pretty tough (and brief) way back then.  The best years for the United States were sometime between 1946 and 1966, as I see it.

But you're right: only men had balls, there were only two genders, the schools still taught us real and useful things, most families were intact (and frequently went to church that way). 
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2019, 09:00:08 pm »
Nahhh. Life was pretty tough (and brief) way back then.  The best years for the United States were sometime between 1946 and 1966, as I see it.

But you're right: only men had balls, there were only two genders, the schools still taught us real and useful things, most families were intact (and frequently went to church that way).

Families were intact, and so was dad.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2019, 09:43:50 pm »

No thanks!  I was enjoying an extended vacation in SE Asia at that time courtesy of my Uncle Sam and would prefer not to revisit that.  1960 would be good though.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2019, 09:58:24 pm »
What is this "Daylight Saving Time" of which you speak?  My clocks never change.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2019, 10:32:28 pm »

Your house sounds like mine @roamer_1 . lol.  I have one clock that has the correct time just because I don't want to exercise my brain to remember what time it really is. The rest of the clocks? Nothing is correct. I figure it keeps my mind active. I dated a guy a while back that my time keeping method made crazy. He would come in and start setting my clocks and I would walk behind him "unsetting" them. No problem to me...he didn't like dogs either.

I do wish they would quit screwin' around with the time. Leave it on one or the other.

I just don't care that much @berdie ... I don't use those clocks for time anyhow... For timers, yeah, but clocks... nah... Besides, it would piss me off way more if they were trying to give me time, but one or the other was off by a minute or something... that would give me fits... a kinda ADHD thing would kick in. So I just don't try to get em to tell me the time. Besides, the cell is always on me, and I am generally using a tablet or sitting in front of a laptop or desktop if I am here, so getting at the time from any of those very accurate sources is never far away.

Shoot, for that matter, all I have to do is poke my ear and say, "Hey Google, what time is it?" and half the time she will tell me right there.... The other half of the time, well, she still don't understand redneck very well.  :shrug: :whistle:

And I prefer the company of dogs and horses btw.  happy77