Author Topic: GOP Has A Choice: Fight Anti-Trump Coup Effort Or Surrender Government To Democrats  (Read 751 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 GOP Has A Choice: Fight Anti-Trump Coup Effort Or Surrender Government To Democrats 

Republicans have two choices for how to handle the Resistance's latest attempt to undo the 2016 election through dramatic means. They can sit there and take it, or they can fight.

By Mollie Hemingway
October 25, 2019

The 2000 presidential election day ended without a clear winner between Texas Governor George W. Bush and Vice President Al Gore. It all came down to Florida, which was too close to call. State law required close contests to go through a recount, and some counties handled it better than others.

Miami-Dade County was identified by Democrats as a county where Gore could pick up new votes in a recount. Although state law required full recount of the county’s 654,000 ballots, the Democrat-controlled canvassers instead focused on 10,750 ballots that had been rejected for one reason or another or where no clear pick could be identified for president.

more
https://thefederalist.com/2019/10/25/gop-has-a-choice-fight-anti-trump-coup-effort-or-surrender-government-to-democrats/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

It is unfortunate, but Trump does not have his fellow Republican in Congress on board.  Whether or not he survives the looming impeachment proceedings remains to be seen of course.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline bilo

It is unfortunate, but Trump does not have his fellow Republican in Congress on board.  Whether or not he survives the looming impeachment proceedings remains to be seen of course.

I'm not so sure. 50 of 53 Pub Senators are condemning the Rats secret star chamber. The House Pubs have voted in block condemning schiff.

I think the Pubs are smart enough to know if they don't fight for Trump on this they will be a minority for generations.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
There is adequate suspicion the dems perpetrated a scheme, to impact the election, and to damage or remove Trump.

Obama, Lynch, Brennan, Clapper, Comey, McCabe and others may have played parts.

Anybody calling themselves conservatives or Republicans, should unite behind Trump. That means elected representatives, and voters.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Applewood

I think the Republicans have already surrendered government to the Democrats and they did so long before this impeachment thing started.  They haven't done a *bleeping* thing for the people who have elected them -- even more recently when they had both houses of congress and the presidency, but even before Trump was elected  All they wanted to do is sit on their fat rears and collect their pay, perks and bennies.  The only reason many of them are coming alive now is because they want to be re-elected (or in Romney's case, maybe to run for president). 

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
I think the Republicans have already surrendered government to the Democrats and they did so long before this impeachment thing started.  They haven't done a *bleeping* thing for the people who have elected them -- even more recently when they had both houses of congress and the presidency, but even before Trump was elected  All they wanted to do is sit on their fat rears and collect their pay, perks and bennies.  The only reason many of them are coming alive now is because they want to be re-elected (or in Romney's case, maybe to run for president).

Can I say amen and amen again?  Trump is a con.  Republicans a sham with no concern for the people.  So the best we can do is fight for this con or accept Democrats.  Forced to accept either or.  One or the other bunch of do no good politicians.

And they are all stuck in this protect each other's asses at all costs.  Even when they know it isn't right.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2019, 08:22:28 pm by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Absalom

That Principled Conservatism is chronically conflated w/republicrat politics clearly reveals
how embarrassingly dumb our political discourse has become.
They have absolutely nothing to do w/each other, never had and never will.
The former was derived from the precepts of Natural Law tens of thousands of years past,
while the latter was birthed by the New England Mercantile Class, who nominated Fremont
of California, for POTUS in 1856.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2019, 02:58:59 am by Absalom »

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Can I say amen and amen again?  Trump is a con.  Republicans a sham with no concern for the people.  So the best we can do is fight for this con or accept Democrats.  Forced to accept either or.  One or the other bunch of do no good politicians.

And they are all stuck in this protect each other's asses at all costs.  Even when they know it isn't right.

Do the Initials H. S mean anything to you?
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline skeeter

Hernia sac?

Seriously she's been SO busy lately. I don't think she's being entirely honest about who she is.

Offline conservativevoter

Funny how Pelosi has been pushing the impeachment thing... I mean, since she is the 3d in line.  First, she would want to get Pence out of the way with impeaching him (no back-up then, right?).  Then she impeaches Trump, tosses him out the way she hopes, and she can just walk in to the Oval Office.

It would really piss Hellary off.   :yowsa:

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Hernia sac?

Seriously she's been SO busy lately. I don't think she's being entirely honest about who she is.

@skeeter

Nice to hear another voice. Was wondering if other intelligent life was still here, after the blackout.

Somebody seems to have found the fake deacon's old NT gattling gun.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline roamer_1

That's dang well right.

Offline Chosen Daughter

No, and I must be slow.  What's the joke?
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Chosen Daughter

Got it.

Maybe you are a farmer that knows a lot about manure and spreading it?  How else would you know about that?

Is that what you meant?  Because I will feel very intelligent that I figured it out.  Realizing that I am not completely slow.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2019, 10:45:10 pm by Chosen Daughter »

Offline skeeter

@skeeter

Nice to hear another voice. Was wondering if other intelligent life was still here, after the blackout.

Somebody seems to have found the fake deacon's old NT gattling gun.

Well for awhile there was no more important issue than border security. Trump was letting us down on the border, doncha know.

But now that things have gotten an order of magnitude better down there suddenly it's no longer important, apparently.

Its Ukraine now. Yeah corruption - thats the ticket. And Turkey.

Online cato potatoe

Coup?  These terms are thrown around, to the point where they have lost all meaning.  Let's wait for the public hearings and see what evidence is presented.  Ambassador Taylor testified for 10 hours this week.  If the dems have a case, we will know soon enough. 

Offline Chosen Daughter

Coup?  These terms are thrown around, to the point where they have lost all meaning.  Let's wait for the public hearings and see what evidence is presented.  Ambassador Taylor testified for 10 hours this week.  If the dems have a case, we will know soon enough.

Well if you throw out the word coup enough times you can achieve revolt.

And thank you so much for your level headed response.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2019, 12:13:19 am by Chosen Daughter »

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Mollie Hemingway:
"Republicans have two choices for how to handle the Resistance's latest attempt to undo the 2016 election through dramatic means. They can sit there and take it, or they can fight."

Congressional Republicans ????
Fight....?????

Good golly, Miss Mollie, who you be kiddin'....?

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Well for awhile there was no more important issue than border security. Trump was letting us down on the border, doncha know.

But now that things have gotten an order of magnitude better down there suddenly it's no longer important, apparently.

Its Ukraine now. Yeah corruption - thats the ticket. And Turkey.

And "the Kurds". 

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
GREAT image, RinVa !!

Offline Absalom

---------------------------
Indeed; from a lonely voice in our wilderness, labeled politics!!!
« Last Edit: October 28, 2019, 06:11:11 pm by Absalom »

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

I'm not so sure. 50 of 53 Pub Senators are condemning the Rats secret star chamber. The House Pubs have voted in block condemning schiff.

I think the Pubs are smart enough to know if they don't fight for Trump on this they will be a minority for generations.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/21/politics/adam-schiff-censure-house-republican-efforts/index.html

Actually the House Republicans voted to not table the Schiff censure and failed.  They never got a chance to vote for the Schiff censure.

What a terrible choice.  Either accept every inexcusable action from the President or surrender government to the rats.  I'm human scum so this is a hard one for me. :pondering: 

I don't want to let the world down.  History will look upon me favorably if I get this done the right and humane way.  It will look upon me forever as the devil if good things don't happen.  I don't wanna be a tough guy.  I don't wanna be a fool!

I will call you later.

Offline Applewood

"Coup" is just another buzzword designed to rile up Trump supporters.  Goes right along with "witch hunt" and more recently, "lynching."  Trump and his supporters love drama.  it's all part of the entertainment.