Author Topic: Trump dismisses need for impeachment team: 'I'm the team'  (Read 149 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump dismisses need for impeachment team: 'I'm the team'
« on: October 25, 2019, 06:00:26 pm »
Trump dismisses need for impeachment team: 'I'm the team'
By Brett Samuels - 10/25/19 12:59 PM EDT

President Trump on Friday dismissed the need for a bolstered team to defend him against House Democrats' impeachment inquiry.

"Here’s the thing. I don’t have teams. Everyone’s talking about teams. I’m the team. I did nothing wrong," Trump told reporters outside the White House before leaving for an event in South Carolina.

The comment came as part of a lengthy rant against the impeachment inquiry, which Trump derided as a "phony deal" focused on a "perfect" call he had with the Ukrainian president. He went on to say that if anything came of this inquiry, he thinks it could plunge the country into economic downturn.

"I will say this: If anything ever happened with this phony witch hunt that the Democrats are doing ... I really believe you’d have a recession, depression the likes of which this country hasn’t seen," Trump said, questioning how Democrats could impeach "one of the most successful presidents."

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/467473-trump-dismisses-need-for-impeachment-team-im-the-team
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34