Author Topic: All 50 States could Fall Below Freezing by Halloween — Unprecedented  (Read 710 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Electroverse by Cap Allon 10/24/2019

It’s amazing to think we’re still only in October. The U.S. has ALREADY suffered 3 historic harvest-wrecking snowstorms, broken 3,575 all-time low temperature records (to the 18th, NOAA), and yet STILL has time for a further week of unprecedented and prolonged Arctic cold:

Halloween has a great chance of registering below-freezing temperatures in all 50 U.S. states.

Typically, such cold isn’t suffered until late December through February, according to the NWS.

The previous premature big-freeze was on November 18, 2014, and even that was incredibly early, prompting meteorologist Tim Buckley to write: “This typically happens a few times during winter, but is very rare this early in the season” — and this year’s first 50-state-freeze is set to beat that by almost THREE WEEKS.

More: https://electroverse.net/all-50-states-could-fall-below-freezing-by-halloween/

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Sadly, and of course that map doesn't show <32 F in my neck of the woods.

Ending Mosquito season in October would be a wonderful gift.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Sadly, and of course that map doesn't show <32 F in my neck of the woods.

Ending Mosquito season in October would be a wonderful gift.
Unfortunately, our mosquito season has ended, and with it, gardening season. In the salvage pick, I got a bushel of tomatoes (all green), now wrapped and hopefully ripening...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

Unfortunately, our mosquito season has ended, and with it, gardening season. In the salvage pick, I got a bushel of tomatoes (all green), now wrapped and hopefully ripening...

I started hardening the seedlings for the fall and started seeds for the winter season yesterday.  First time growing seedlings under LED grow lights, and the difference is just amazing.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline roamer_1

Yep. No skeeters, and missed the stink bug invasion nearly altogether. Fine by me.  :beer:

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
That's the weather for you.  Constantly changing from one year to the next.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.